• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
A possible error I've seen in your assessment of the calcs. Chaos theory did not use the two km statement to determine the size of the palace. Instead he used this statement of the underground 5 km tunnel

From a friend:
I have no strong opinion on a lot of this, I'd need to check the calc over, but:
"More importantly, it assumes that Dragon Dive is not falling faster than Netero's fall speed, which is highly questionable, and imo unjustified."

This is something I've thought about and I think I agree with it. IIRC they show when Netero and Zeno land and it's at least a few seconds after the Dragon Dive's projectiles did. That could probably be used to determine how fast he was falling in comparison, rather than just assume it was the same speed as the projectiles.

That being said, they were definitely falling at least close to the same speed, since they started from super far up and were still adjacent to the projectiles when Pitou tried to intercept them.

Hm, yeah, checking, they were shown already on the ground just a few real-time seconds after the Dragon Dive penetrated the palace. Realistically I think it's safe to assume they were falling at about the same speed, especially given how like I said, they were still adjacent to the projectiles when Netero and Pitou met in midair.

Unless there are any lingering questions about speed scaling, we can move on to AP for now.

The first thing we should worry about is the Killua calc here. It's by far the most important since a majority of the characters scale to Killua in some way. DMUA has already stated he was fine with the Low-End, so Killua would be around 1.496 Kilotons if accepted.
1.496 kilotons but the trees he's standing next to aren't even knocked down.

Furthermore explosions large surface area means that even if you're hit by them at point blank range you're not taking anywhere near the full force of them. If Killua was really tanking every ounce of energy this explosion created, the explosion wouldn't expand past him like it's clearly doing here.

Also why are we scaling the Royal Guard's speed to Cheetu? Kite was able to hit Pitou and rest of the invasion team were about as fast as Youpi and Pouf, but Knuckle, who defeated Kite and was said to be as strong as him got blitzed by Cheetu.

1.496 kilotons but the trees he's standing next to aren't even knocked down.

Furthermore explosions large surface area means that even if you're hit by them at point blank range you're not taking anywhere near the full force of them. If Killua was really tanking every ounce of energy this explosion created, the explosion wouldn't expand past him like it's clearly doing here.

Also why are we scaling the Royal Guard's speed to Cheetu? Kite was able to hit Pitou and rest of the invasion team were about as fast as Youpi and Pouf, but Knuckle, who defeated Kite and was said to be as strong as him got blitzed by Cheetu.
How can you say that the invasion team were as fast as Youpi and Pouf when Shoot was barely keeping up with Youpi and he only lasted 11 seconds

How can you say that the invasion team were as fast as Youpi and Pouf when Shoot was barely keeping up with Youpi and he only lasted 11 seconds

That's because even a glancing blow from Youpi was stronger than a punch from Knuckle, as shown when he repaid all the aura the latter gave him plus interest. Neither Shoot or Knuckle were so much faster than Youpi that they could dodge him forever, so it's no wonder Shoot only lasted a few seconds.

Ah, so anyone that has ten should be able to resist normal fear manip, right?

If so, shouldn't anyone that uses it have resistance to it on their profile?

I personally would like to ask about Pitou's feat of blitzing Kite? Can't we use that via angscaling, or might to be too complicated?
Ang scaling is not a good method for calcing distance. We don't know the angle of the "camera" of the panel for lack of a better word, which means any value we use for the angle will massively skew the result.

Well either way, assuming it does give resistances to fear manip, does Meruem's fear manip bypass normal fear resistances, since it worked on people with nen and shit?
Oh, I think it's because it's already included in "Nen Manioulation"
I mean, in the nen page, it doesn't say it gives resistances to fear manip.

Just checked and you're right, I don't see resistances listed. And yes, Meruem and the Royal Guards are powerful enough to bypass normal resistance with their Ren.

I've watched HXH- for all it matters I can give my approval/not approval if someone tells me what's being discussed rn

i definitely agree with meruem, little less about killua but still positive

I'm still against the Low 7-C calc for Killua.

Can somebody point out the 7-A Meruem calc for me again?

Back