• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Also to recap the pre forum revisions thread from what I recall (being the one arguing against the opposition in Damage and Dargoo)
  • Nothing ever happened with the Killua calc. I argued that Damage's tree diameter was extremely inaccurate and inconsistent based on a multitude of scans I linked. Not sure what the count of people agreeing with either one of us was though.
  • Me and Dargoo argued for a while about vaporization. It essentially came down to my explanation vs his, the biggest piece of evidence for my argument being the on screen sfx being the same ones used at ground zero of the rose bomb, and the behavior of the cloud left behind by rage blast being more consistent with a gaseous material as opposed to solid matter. In the end I took a middle position due to ground effects not being exactly consistent with vaporization and was okay with pulverization or melting.
The sfx you're talking about for the Rose are a rrrrmmmm and whoosh both of those don't imply vaporisation and Youpi's rage blast has the same sfx

The sfx you're talking about for the Rose are a rrrrmmmm and whoosh both of those don't imply vaporisation and Youpi's rage blast has the same sfx
Yes but what I am saying is that the author is denoting similar means of destruction if the after-effects sound effects are the same. The area of the rose we see being the area that housed the fireball of the rose.

Yes but what I am saying is that the author is denoting similar means of destruction if the after-effects sound effects are the same. The area of the rose we see being the area that housed the fireball of the rose.
Yes but we never see the rage blast superheated like the Rose. We also only get sfx for the heated area when Youpi is in it and he sizzles. This doesn't occur with his Rage Blast

Yes but we never see the rage blast superheated like the Rose. We also only get sfx for the heated area when Youpi is in it and he sizzles. This doesn't occur with his Rage Blast
You actually see it happen for longer than that. It's also shown as the gaseous material is cascading up the crater and up into the atmosphere. Which was my main argument. Pulverized dust while shoot out with the shockwave, rise, and settle relatively quickly. With youpi's blast you can see the material trailing off in a plume when we get a far shot during Chitou's death.

You actually see it happen for longer than that. It's also shown as the gaseous material is cascading up the crater and up into the atmosphere. Which was my main argument. Pulverized dust while shoot out with the shockwave, rise, and settle relatively quickly. With youpi's blast you can see the material trailing off in a plume when we get a far shot during Chitou's death.
So we're betting on whether or not Togashi knows how pulverised dust behaves vs vapor even though we see him draw ground zero of both blasts differently and associate different sound effects with them?

There's more that indicates this isn't vaporisation than indicates it is.

The first argument isn't valid. To begin DC =/ AP. A coin-sized laser can vaporize a very long horizontal portion of metal and come out to much higher levels of AP than an MCB. Secondly, The tower survived because of Morel's smoke jail. And you still don't ignore the blatant evidence (in this case a giant crater) because of small inconsistencies like that. Fiction is littered with such examples. But the blast was deflected by Smoke Jail and the tower later was pulverized when it fell over. So unless you ignore the on panel feat and think building-sized KE from a couple of dozen meter fall > Youpi's rage blast then this point is moot.
Morel didn't fully surround the tower with smoke, as shown here. I'm not denying Youpi made a big crater, I'm denying he vaporized hundreds of tons of rock without creating a gigantic cloud of boiling lava.

Also to recap the pre forum revisions thread from what I recall (being the one arguing against the opposition in Damage and Dargoo)
  • Nothing ever happened with the Killua calc. I argued that Damage's tree diameter was extremely inaccurate and inconsistent based on a multitude of scans I linked. Not sure what the count of people agreeing with either one of us was though.
  • Me and Dargoo argued for a while about vaporization. It essentially came down to my explanation vs his, the biggest piece of evidence for my argument being the on screen sfx being the same ones used at ground zero of the rose bomb, and the behavior of the cloud left behind by rage blast being more consistent with a gaseous material as opposed to solid matter. In the end I took a middle position due to ground effects not being exactly consistent with vaporization and was okay with pulverization or melting.
The behavior of the "cloud" is not consistent with a gaseous material. First of all, smoke is technically solid matter and yet behaves like cloud, second, all that rock vaporized would behave less like a cloud and more like a plume of lava, as I've stated numerous times.

The behavior of the "cloud" is not consistent with a gaseous material. First of all, smoke is technically solid matter and yet behaves like cloud, second, all that rock vaporized would behave less like a cloud and more like a plume of lava, as I've stated numerous times.
Yes it is. I will concede that it could be smoke, but a pulverized cloud of heavy solid material would not plume up as seen in the scan with Zeno in it. Nor would it keep emitting material from single point spots in the ground with a sizzle effect.

Morel didn't fully surround the tower with smoke, as shown here. I'm not denying Youpi made a big crater, I'm denying he vaporized hundreds of tons of rock without creating a gigantic cloud of boiling lava.
Tbf I came down from my position of vaporization for this reason when arguing with Dargoo last time. Can't really argue the ground effects.

Yes it is. I will concede that it could be smoke, but a pulverized cloud of heavy solid material would not plume up as seen in the scan with Zeno in it. Nor would it keep emitting material from single point spots in the ground with a sizzle effect.
Pictured, a pulverized cloud of heavy solid material. There being sizzling doesn't mean all of the cloud is coming from rock being vaporized, the cloud is clearly already formed in scan. The sizzling, I'll grant you, is probably melted rock, but that happens with any ground burst nuclear weapon, that doesn't mean hundreds of tons of rock were actually vaporized.

Nah, most of the frags would still be there, but outside of some stuff at the edges of the craters, basically nothing can be seen, while most of it is dust. I suppose you could count 10% of the volume as fragged or vfragged instead to be safe.

I mean that's a pretty easy calculation.

Vfrag of rock is 69 j/cc, Pulv is 214 j/cc

14236450000 x 69 = 9.8231505e+11 J, 8-A

14236450000 x 214 = 3.0466003e+12 J, 8-A+

We can with people that upscale if we use Pulverization, it's really close.

Anyway, one only needs to be 1.37x times stronger than Youpi to break into tier 7. Though if I have to be honest I completely forgot who he was, so I don't know how easy that is.

I am not fine with the Killua calc because he was not hit with the explosion at point blank range and it's an outlier compared to his other strength and durability feats.

I am not fine with the Killua calc because he was not hit with the explosion at point blank range and it's an outlier compared to his other strength and durability feats.
He was point blank and the anime backs this up.

Damage didn't use the same method as Chaostheory. Their initial result was in the single-digit tons I believe.

I'm gonna let Damage handle it since they started it. Because his could also get accepted if more people agree and then that would be the result that gets used.

Back