• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark649

VS Battles
Retired
It seems that currently users have commented that the situations about them is getting out of hand, so i made this thread to discuss how they should be handled and only which profile should get one and not all the classes of animals, virus a character and etc. These type of characters are purely what if material given their hypothetical merged nature, lastly this profile should be checked as i remember that the G1 profiles were supposed to be deleted.

This is a case by case basis I think, but generally speaking I am fine with Composite profiles.

If we denied composite profiles for everyone, it would be unfair to verses that have long, epic narratives

╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠ÂI╠ ╠Âh╠Âa╠Âv╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠ ╠Âv╠Âe╠Âs╠Ât╠Âe╠Âd╠ ╠Âi╠Ân╠Ât╠Âe╠Âr╠Âe╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âo╠ ╠Âw╠Âa╠Ân╠Âk╠ ╠Ân╠Âi╠Ân╠Ât╠Âe╠Ân╠Âd╠Âo╠ ╠Âa╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âj╠Âr╠Âp╠Âg╠Âs╠Â

I am fine with a compromise if given, I like how we currently handle Link as an example. Has has profiles for specific games, but also a composite profile.

For some verses, we can just use a key.

In short, keep them as long as they are not wildly inconsistent or would be riddled with PIS.

Sorry, i did not knew Matthew was already planning for that.

Matthew Schroeder said:
I was going to make my own thread laying out my own arguments for why such profiles should not exist.
╠ÂI╠Âs╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âa╠Ât╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âs╠Âo╠Âu╠Ân╠Âd╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠ÂC╠Âa╠Âl╠ ╠Ât╠Ây╠Âp╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âp╠Âa╠Âr╠Âa╠Âg╠Âr╠Âa╠Âp╠Âh╠Âs╠ ╠Âi╠Ân╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âd╠Âi╠Âs╠Ât╠Âa╠Ân╠Âc╠Âe╠Â?╠Â

With all due respect, I think for example SMT should have composite profiles considering the epic scale off all the games.

Same for some jrpgs and LoZ and a few others.

As for others, I think we should evaluate them on a case by case basis.

Kaltias said:
How is Optimus related to this discussio
I think he means some verses with alot of material currently have composite profiles.

Which to be fair, I am fine with.

If we are talking about profiles like composite human or composite animal

Get rid of them, they are riddled with alot of assumptions.

I will close this since Matthew already plans for a better thread about this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back