• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Composite (EU) Cthulu Mythos?!

Aparajita

VS Battles
Retired
Should our Wiki have profiles (or tabs) for Extended Universe Cthulu Mythos characters?

Ehhhhh I'm iffy on it. There are a lot of things I like in the EU, but it would be very, very, VERY hard to keep track of. Some characters are suddenly far more powerful, some are far weaker, there are suddenly a bunch more who are comparable to god tiers out of nowhere, etc.

Technically, the Cthulhu Mythos is open to the public domain, there is no definition of "canon" with the Cthulhu Mythos other than what was written by Lovecraft himself.

Personally, I would like EU profiles, but most likely only for new characters, as adding new versions for old ones would just end up incohesive IMO.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Isn't the EU basically fanon?
I mean, so is the EU for a lot of things, but some is more than others. Certain stories in the EU mythos are from the same publishing company which Darleth compiled HPL's stories under, but I don't necessarily consider them "more canon". EU is EU. I mainly consider things written by HPL or his close friends while he was alive to be the "primary canon".

Back