• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cristophere Reeve's Superman revision ?

Superman Miracle Monday. "Miracle Monday tells the story of Superman trying to stop an entity of pure evil from causing universal chaos."
it was confirmed by Elliot S. Maggin himself that he was indeed Lucifer, even if the Wikipedia page says otherwise.
Now the cover of the book displays Cristopher Reeves, so i guess it's the same version (?) and there is also a prequel, wich come out in 1978 alongside the movie called "Superman: Last Son of Krypton"
i did not read the story, it's not a comic book, it's a novel, so you can't find it online.
i thought it was interesting and i was wondering if someone actually read that novel.

This should be in Questions and Answers rather then Content Revision

I'd also note the books may not be canon; you need to prove there's not any major contradictions or statements against it

Going from the Wikipedia notes it looks like its a canon adjacent story
Last Son of Krypton started out as a treatment for a movie -- the Superman movie that I was trying to convince DC Comics needed to be made as far back as 1974. When Mario Puzo showed up at the office one day to tell me he'd gotten an assignment to write a Superman movie and would I spend a couple of days with him telling him who the character was, I was thrilled and disappointed. I spent two days with Puzo, telling stories and smoking enormous cigars, and had a fine time. Then I took my ignored little film treatment upstairs to Warner Books where a senior editor said go ahead and write a novel out of it. I did, and through a series of unlikely events, the novel was published the same day as the movie was released, and became a bestseller.

The book was released when I lived in New Hampshire, the day Superman: The Movie was released. I got a frantic phone call that week from the guy who was president of DC Comics saying that Alexander Salkind -- the producer of the movie -- wanted to sue me. Apparently someone had finally read him the book or something, and he thought there were too many incidents in common with the movie. I said that I had not seen the movie or read the script, but that I had handed in my manuscript a full year before Mario Puzo handed in his script, and owing to my conversations with Puzo. I told this guy where to look for proof of that, and said maybe I should sue Salkind.
Superman: Last Son of Krypton is a novel written by Elliot S. Maggin and based on the DC Comics character Superman. It was published in 1978. The novel was published as a tie-in to the release of Superman: The Movie, with an image of Christopher Reeve on the cover and (in its original edition) a section of photographs from the film. The novel is not, however, a novelization of the film, and in fact diverges from the film story.
Miracle Monday is a novel written by Elliot S. Maggin, starring the DC Comics superhero Superman. It was published in 1981. A revised edition was published in 2017. This is Elliot S. Maggin's second Superman novel, following Superman: Last Son of Krypton. As with Maggin's first novel, the original edition was published as a tie-in with the then-current Superman film series, with the first edition including a photograph of Christopher Reeve as the character; the novel is not, however, an adaptation of any of the films, nor does it take place in the same continuity as the movies.
As a guess, I would say they used Chris Reeves because the movie was popular and that would help sell the novel. If you want to make a novel profile based on those two stories feel free to I guess, but I don't think they would scale to Reeves Superman.

Back