• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cthulhu Mythos: Time to Debunk one of the Greatest Myths in Versus Debating

Status
Not open for further replies.
Somebody should preferably remind Fan and Azathoth to comment here.

Antvasima said:
Somebody should preferably remind Fan and Azathoth to comment here.
I've put a reminder on Azathoth's message wall today, though it might be a while till he sees it.

I think the best thing we can do at this point is compile every major facet of the cosmology agreed upon in this thread and try to have a more active knowledgeable member make the explanation page themselves because at this, we're gonna be stuck like this until the forum move or something.

I have already provided most of the relevant quotes earlier in this thread, so I guess it's a matter of compiling those along with other stuff into a coherent structure suitable for a blog.

KingPin0422 said:
I have already provided most of the relevant quotes earlier in this thread, so I guess it's a matter of compiling those along with other stuff into a coherent structure suitable for a blog.
Would you be able to do it if you have time, creating the blog that is? You seem really knowledgeable on the verse.

I can do it, but I'm gonna need everyone to be patient, because it may take a little while.

Take your time, we're fine with waiting a bit.

We better not land in revision limbo alongside Umineko tho

The problem is that Azathoth and FanofRPGs are the only members who are knowledgeable enough to handle this revision, and we do not have anything concrete decided yet.

Thing is though, we can't really keep on waiting for them to respond, especially considering one of them is semi-retired and the other is really stressed out with IRL stuff. Trust me, I hold Azzy and Fan as probably the highest authorities on the Mythos the wiki has but we should at least try to do things on our own.

And the core aspects of the cosmology have mostly been agreed upon by multiple members, including Ultima though I'd understand if you feel that more staff shoould review the thread as it does include probably the biggest upgrades on the wiki.

But if you feel that we should continue waiting then that's fine I suppose, it could just be me trying to hurry things along.

I do not think that we should rush a major revision to one of our most important verses in a half-assed manner. It will likely end up as more low quality and unreliable than before, not less.

Yes. This will likely have to be postponed until after the forum move.

While we certainly can wait, isn't fixing already existing blog would be much easier for Azzy and Fan? That's aside of forum move.

Yes, but they must actually visit here again in order to notice that we make a request for this.

I am sorry, I am depressed over the pandemic situation, flooded with work without a proper schedule for school, and spend most of my days sleeping when I am not going to work. VSB is like 8th in priority for me

Around Summertime I tend to get back into the flow for reading the mythos as I can take a walk to the woods and read them at a bench

Planck69 said:
No problem, you can take as much time as you need. Sorry if I came off as pushy.
I mean, the forum move is happening soon, although the entire CRT can just be delayed if it really has to.

Yes, this will probably have to wait until after the forum move then.

I am also depressed about the pandemic by the way. My country is even worse prepared than Italy was, and will likely suffer tremendously from it financially.

Just wanted to post a quick update. Like Fan, my life has also been turned upside down by current events (obvious pandemic and otherwise), and I'm honestly just spending a lot of time grappling with ennui. I'm fluctuating through states of having too much to do and not enough to do, neither extreme being a very great place to be in. I want to try to make myself reply again soon, but I'd be lying if I gave any sort of specific timeframe.

No. Any posts as of right now won't be preserved after the forum move, so we shouldn't bump this thread until we're on the new forums.

Well, given that we will likely get a new and better forum backup to use, what we have been saying for the past 10 days might get preserved after all.

Can somebody summarise what this thread is about please?

It was an important thread surrounding the tiering for the Cthlhu Mythos and was meant to be followed up on after the move. But Azathoth hasn't given his verdict on the overall thread yet.

(At least that was the consensus last time I checked)

Well, if this was important, and we agreed to continue later, I think that we can probably do so.

Welp. I was supposed to write up a whole blog about the Cthulhu Mythos to justify it being as high as we have said it is, but college is getting in my way, and since it's approaching the end of the semester, I need to focus my attention towards the final exams and projects. Besides that, I'll admit that this site has become less attractive to me for reasons that I would prefer not to get into, so I have been coming here even less often than normal.

Okay. I am sorry to hear that. I am trying my best to make it reasonably friendly and polite.

Oh, don't worry, Ant- you've done a fine job on that front. It's pretty much just offsite stuff, and nothing that's worthy of a rule violation report, as far as I can see. Either way, I don't want to talk about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back