• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Zeus in the Greek Myths has only Star Level things, while Cthulhu at his max showings has MMS things.

With Cthulhu's immortality and instand mindbreak, I'd give it to the Big C.

Not Jim Sterling said:
why this is even a match when Cthulhu stats mostly listed as Unknown -_-
I think it has something to do with Cthulhu having destroyed stars on his profile, yes...

CrossverseCrisis said:
Not Jim Sterling said:
why this is even a match when Cthulhu stats mostly listed as Unknown -_-
I think it has something to do with Cthulhu having destroyed stars on his profile, yes...

I just found Cthulhu respect Thread:

-Cthulhu:
Cthulhu is descended from Yog-Sothoth and Shub-Niggurath, through Nug, and was born on the planet Vhoorl in the 23rd Nebula. 350 million years ago, Cthulhu and his star-spawn arrive on Earth from the star Xoth. He makes war with the Elder Things, but they eventually form an uneasy peace. The Deep Ones serve Cthulhu and aided in building R'Lyeh ("Timeline of The Cthulhu Mythos", Appel). Cthulhu warred with the Outer Gods, and they sealed him inside R'lyeh until the stars were right again.

MENTAL ABILITIES

Even while asleep in the Pacific, Cthulhu can reach out to sensitive souls in their dreams. When he wakes, this influence becomes global and panic-inducing, though colder, scientific minds are still less affected.

PHYSICAL ABILITIES:

-Has a physical body, but that body is not composed of the same matter as is found in our universe.

-Can survive in the vacuum of space and in a variety of extraterrestrial environments.

-Can survive underwater indefinitely.

-Can recover almost instantly from normally fatal wounds, such as having his head split open by a boat. However, such damage will leave him incapacitated.

-Can never be truly destroyed, as death is only sleep to Cthulhu, and he will outlast death itself.

What? So apparently a boat can damage him?

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Not Jim Sterling said:
What? So apparently a boat can damage him?
No, not damage. His physical form is just incredibly squishy. Think of him like Buu.
But they say: such damage will leave him incapacitated

So is that mean he can't just instantly recover like buu or can somehow be weakened by damaging his physical body?

Not Jim Sterling said:
But they say: such damage will leave him incapacitated

So is that mean he can't just instantly recover like buu or can somehow be weakened by damaging his physical body?
I don't remember the incapacitation, from the story. Johansen drives the boat through his head, but Cthulhu reforms. Johansen freaks out. He gets away, but later kills himself due to how much the events shook his worldview. Not to mention Cthulhu was basically sleepwalking the whole time due to the stars not being right.

Edit: Oh, and it's hinted harming his physical body doesn't really affect him, as he's not a fully physical being.

Mikoto Misaka231 said:
Lighting has advantage against Water.
Chuthulu would be shocked to death. And Zeus is semi-inmortal.
Just cause water is as nothing to Cthulhu, it doesn't mean lightning would harm him. Cthulhu has lived inside a star, travelled through space (unaided). If he can survive the harsh conditions of space (vacuum, temperature extremes, severe radiation and so on) I doubt a little lightning would phaze him.

As for the boat thing someone else mentioned, the only reason it had an effect of Cthulhu was because he was still not fully emerged from R'lyeh.

Not only that Cthulu has destroyed stars. Literally. Zeus would be a challenge maybe, but you guys write Cthulhu off waaay to easily. Who knows, Cthulhu might easily snap Zeus mind for all we know. Zeus has been around for 1000s of years. Cthulhu has been kicking ass for BILLIONS.

Also where does this "Zeus has eaten the other gods" stuff come from? I have NEVER heard about that and have not found any sources to corroborate it. Are people confusing him with Cronus?

Thenybo said:
Also where does this "Zeus has eaten the other gods" stuff come from? I have NEVER heard about that and have not found any sources to corroborate it. Are people confusing him with Cronus?
Orphic Zeus, who is not the same as the original Zeus.

Thenybo said:
Just cause water is as nothing to Cthulhu, it doesn't mean lightning would harm him. Cthulhu has lived inside a star, travelled through space (unaided). If he can survive the harsh conditions of space (vacuum, temperature extremes, severe radiation and so on) I doubt a little lightning would phaze him.

As for the boat thing someone else mentioned, the only reason it had an effect of Cthulhu was because he was still not fully emerged from R'lyeh.

Not only that Cthulu has destroyed stars. Literally. Zeus would be a challenge maybe, but you guys write Cthulhu off waaay to easily. Who knows, Cthulhu might easily snap Zeus mind for all we know. Zeus has been around for 1000s of years. Cthulhu has been kicking ass for BILLIONS.

Too bad you are talking to a person that has been blocked, so she probably not gonna to reply to you anytime soon. xD

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Thenybo said:
Orphic Zeus, who is not the same as the original Zeus.
But it says classic Zeus / Zeus (myth)?

Too bad you are talking to a person that has been blocked, so she probably not gonna to reply to you anytime soon. xD

Oh.... Well that's what they get for assuming water would harm Cthulhu..... I guess?

Eh, sure, I'll toss in my two cents.

I vote Zeus, because...

For ambience...

Working off of the logic present in the Standard Battle Assumptions, if one side has Regenerationn that renders attempts from their foe to kill them futile, like Wolverine, then KOing them for at least an hour or rendering them unable to fight for a month will do.

Both characters are immortal. Zeus can't die and have his spirit go to Hades, and Cthulhu is sticking around until Azzy wakes up from his fever dream and takes some penicilin. Both regenerate from damage when dealt and can't be put down permanently without the aid of a higher-dimensional being.

So we're running on the knockout laws.

Now then, looking at the AP tables for each, we see that Zeus is Large Star Level (I wuv Typhon's chapter ^_^). Cthulhu is implied to be Star-Level himself, possibly a rank higher.

Eh, close enough.

Speed is likely FTL for Zeus and possibly-really-freakin'-high travel speed for Cthulhu.

Oof.

Now, for durability, we see that Zeus is ranked in at the same as his AP, taking a massive beating from the guy. It was one of his very few losses, having his intestines ripped out.

Cthulhu is... weird...

His greatest durability "feat" was his partial collapse and immediate reparation at the front-end of a boat, which is only because he was still groggy and hadn't quite fully materialized. He's like Buu in that his form is piddly weak (according to the unpleasably herculean standards of this wiki, anyways), but he regenerates so fast that it hardly even matters.

So, according to how I understand it, Zeus and Cthulhu are roughly even in AP, Zeus can strike at FTL speeds while Cthulhu is stuck eating 1d6 investigators per round, and Cthulhu might disintigrate after the first blow while Zeus can get knocked around a bit before he starts to lose his bowels.

So, if Zeus can keep hitting Cthulhu every time he regenerates for anywhere between an hour to a month without getting tired, then he wins.

Too bad Zeus doesn't have a Stamina stat. That's rather unfortunate.

So I vote Zeus.

Back