• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Cursed energy upgrade

— Tingkatkan Energi Terkutuklah.

• Damage Reduction.

Cursed energy can be used as a shield to block an opponent's attacks ( ), and Cursed energy can also be used to improve one's endurance ( ). This has been exemplified through Aoi todo who minimized the impact of mahito's punches by focusing cursed energy on her stomach ( ).

That means, it can be concluded that cursed energy can work as an abstract defense that can minimize the impact of an attack.

Agree/disagree?

If I'm set to be punched in the stomach, and I tighten up my gut before the punch lands, I'm not literally reducing the damage, I'm increasing my defensive ability by fortifying by abdomen.

If I'm set to be punched in the stomach, and I tighten up my gut before the punch lands, I'm not literally reducing the damage, I'm increasing my defensive ability by fortifying by abdomen.
This is a different case.

Aoi todo survived because she focused on flowing curse energy into her stomach.

An abstract shield ? It just protect the attacks by CE and cannot protect the attack of AP or many attacking by the something different from CE
No, yuta can fight equally with ryu in terms of physical combat even though yuta has a weak physique.

And this can happen because of the curse energy that can minimize ryu's physical attacks while improving yuta's endurance.

No, yuta can fight equally with ryu in terms of physical combat even though yuta has a weak physique.

And this can happen because of the curse energy that can minimize ryu's physical attacks while improving yuta's endurance.
If that attacking was enhanced by CE? So CE can protect, nah i think CE shield is the setting verse

This is a different case.

Aoi todo survived because she focused on flowing curse energy into her stomach.
Like, tightening up his abdominal muscles? Wearing a protective vest, whether it be made of kevlar or Cursed Energy, does not qualify for Damage Reduction. If that were the case, any skilled martial artist would have the supernatural ability to literally reduce the damage an attack deals.

Like, tightening up his abdominal muscles? Wearing a protective vest, whether it be made of kevlar or Cursed Energy, does not qualify for Damage Reduction. If that were the case, any skilled martial artist would have the supernatural ability to literally reduce the damage an attack deals.
No, that's not how curse energy works. Curse energy works like an abstract defense against the user.

Please look back at the case of aoi todo vs mahito.

That was because Yuta enhancing his own physical abilities, not due to cursed energy having the property to soften damage.
IMG_20231230_184542.jpg

What you shown is all basically cursed energy being used to strengthen the body so it can take higher damage than it normally does, hence 'Statistics Amplification' which is already accepted on the Cursed Energy Manipulation page.

This is also confirmed by Yuji in the same fight. Cursed Energy are being used to increase physical ability so that the damage received will virtually be reduced.

IMG_20231230_185029.jpg

As a bunch of other people have mentioned here, CE reinforcement is all about enhancing and defending your own body so you take less damage. In cases like the Todo scan where it says 'minimise the damage', this is talking about Todo mitigating the amount of damage he sustains, rather than reducing the amount of damage that Mahito dealt.

Back