• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
I think in terms of Weapon Skill both are even, maybe Jigen is slightly more competent, but only slightly.

Deadshot can tank bullet hits thanks to his armor but that'll run out, I think Deadshot has better H2H feats and has more variety in his technology

All in all, despite a good fight, Deadshot is better equipped for the battle, so I'll vote for him.

They're both fast enough to consistently evade bullets and if the equalized speed is Deadshots then their guns are completely useless here? Also, Deadshots profile lists Skilled Martial Artist and Jigen's lists Expert, if Deadshot has better h2h feats according to Zark then one of those needs to change. This probably comes down to h2h so if Deadshot has better feats, he wins I guess?

Expert and Skilled doesn't mean jackshit lol, we don't have a linear and official metric there. Feats are what matter, so.

Deadshot has SoL weaponry and Explosions too, so, he wins in range too.

Zark2099 said:
Expert and Skilled doesn't mean jackshit lol, we don't have a linear and official metric there.
Deadshot has SoL weaponry and Explosions too, so, he wins in range too.
Expert > Skilled, you don't need a metric to know that. What's the point of even listing their proficiency tier if it's just going to be disregarded. If Deadshot really has better feats then he either needs atleast Expert ranking in h2h or Jigen needs to be downgraded.

Purgy said:
Deadshots profile lists Skilled Martial Artist and Jigen's lists Expert, if Deadshot has better h2h feats according to Zark then one of those needs to change. This probably comes down to h2h so if Deadshot has better feats, he wins I guess?
As far i'm aware Deadshot isn't a martial art expert, i don't see him be superior to Jigen in h2h to be honest.

And Martial Arts is usually used to everyone who know how to fight in hand to hand combat, from martial artists to street fighters, just like how Weapon Mastery can be anything from swordsmanship to sniping.

It's basically what terms a person prefers. Ignore it entirely, yes. Some poeple go with "Expert" others go with "Skilled"

At the end of the day actual feats are what matter

Purgy said:
Expert > Skilled, you don't need a metric to know that. What's the point of even listing their proficiency tier if it's just going to be disregarded. If Deadshot really has better feats then he either needs atleast Expert ranking in h2h or Jigen needs to be downgraded.
In some verses there are multiple martial artists who have varying skill levels which applies to their verse only.

Let's take Fighter 1's profile as an example, who is the most skilled character there is in their verse. He is listed as "Master Martial Artist" compared to Fighter 2's profile who has "Skilled Martial Artist" due to being less skilled than the former.

Ehh that's kinda confusing. The rating of Martial Arts skill should probably just be removed as a whole since if one character can be considered a Master in Martial Arts in their respective verse but an Amateur in somebody elses verse it's kinda irrelevant and doesn't really explain their level of skill.

Stefano4444 said:
As far i'm aware Deadshot isn't a martial art expert, i don't see him be superior to Jigen in h2h to be honest.
He is an expert close quarters combatant, taking out 4 cops at close range within a cramped station without getting hit once, and can easily destroy speedsters million times faster than him using enhanced senses and predictions.

So no, you're wrong there, what are Jigen's feats again?

Zark2099 said:
He is an expert close quarters combatant, taking out 4 cops at close range within a cramped station without getting hit once, and can easily destroy speedsters million times faster than him using enhanced senses and predictions.
Yeah, in that sense yes he is an expert in close quarter combant, i thought you meant that he was like Jackie Chun.

Zark2099 said:
So no, you're wrong there, what are Jigen's feats again?
Jigen did fought Goemon in many occassions, even in close range, a guy who is an expert in various martial arts such as Kenjutsu, Karate, Jujutsu and Iaidō.

While Goemon was clearly the better fighter in terms of h2h, Jigen could still hold his own again him and could even the odds with his skills with the pistol.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Jigen skills (there's obviously much more than this for his entire screentime since the very first Lupin episodes but here's him trying to solo an elite army + SWAT battalion before Goemon joins him).
That's nothing compare the time him, Fujiko, Goemon and Lupin where able to fend off multiple attacks from various armies for multiple countries (USA, Italy, Japan, France, England, Germany and Canada) in "Steal Napoleon's Dictionary!".

And something similar happen again at the end of "Part V", but only him and Goemon where fighting.

It's an internalized explosion due to it going inside the person and then exploding them from within. Can he tank that?

K

Zark2099 said:
Can he tank that?
Inside his body? Probably not, that assuming that he wouldn't be able to dodge it.

Also speaking about equipment i forgot to mention that Jigen does keep special ammunition for his magnum like armor-piercing shells, which could probably seriously damage if not destroy Deadshot's armor.

Going to go the Deadshot on this one.

- If came down to h2h, Deadshot would stomp. He can threaten someone like Deathstroke and Batman. Jigen is more of a brawler and isn't as effective without his guns. Jigen fought Goemon to a standstill but they were just acting so it wasn't accurate.

- The only advantage I see for Jigen is his ability to curve bullets and deflect them. However he wouldn't be able to deflect the bullets from Deadshots minigun.

- Both are stealth masters so being sneaky wouldn't do anything.

Deadshot has great Enhanced Senses so I doubt that "Death Faking Tomato Technique" could work to be frank.

@Pur2uit

When has Deadshot ever physically fought Deathstroke or Batman? Also the mingun isn't listed in Deadshot's equipment, and if you have any stealth mastery feats for Lawton that'd be great.

Pur2uit said:
Jigen fought Goemon to a standstill but they were just acting so it wasn't accurate.
They did seriously fought in "The Woman Called Fujiko Mine" series, and that fight also ended up in a draw.

Also a thing to note, both can dodge bullets, Deadshot can evade Sniper Shots, but Deadshot can also predict a Speedster far faster than him's attacks and tag him prior, AND has SoL weapons

Does he evade that? Looks moreso the sniper missed lol.

Anyways Deadshot can tell it's fakeish considering he doesn't go for headshots, mostly goes for incap unless the opponent is comparable to him, even then he just prefers to kill them quick by just blowing them up with Armor Piercing Booms

Voting Deadshot for Zark's reasons. Better equipment, better senses, better H2H if it comes to it.

Doesn't Deadshot also have some insane feats with predicting bullet ricochet patterns to pull off impossible shots, like shooting around multiple corners, completely blind?

He explains that he predicted how the sniper would shoot and times his run accordingly. The sniper had already shot them and tagged them in the morning and Jigen was able to calculate his reaction and trigger speed from that. Also the sniper is somewhat comparable but slightly less skilled than Jigen.

@A Stoned Orc, He has a feat of shooting behind his back and hitting a headshot 50 metres away by ricocheting it off a lamp post, but I don't think anything much else.

I might be thinking of the Arkham games Deadshot, then, because I definitely remember a point where Batman reconstructs a Deadshot assassination, and finds out that Deadshot had perfectly calculated a bullet's ricochet, to the point he was able to ricochet it off of several buildings/lightposts and nail a guy right between the eyes, facing the same direction as Deadshot was when he made the shot.

Zark2099 said:
@Pur2uit
When has Deadshot ever physically fought Deathstroke or Batman? Also the mingun isn't listed in Deadshot's equipment, and if you have any stealth mastery feats for Lawton that'd be great.
Deadshot fought Batman in the Justice League vs Sucide squad.

https://comicnewbies.com/2016/12/28/batman-vs-deadshot-justice-league-vs-suicide-squad/

https://imgur.com/a/aZBREgq

And it lists Deadshot has "various guns" as his equipment. I would assume a minigun would be standard equipment. https://imgur.com/mRjf6KW

Back