• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Daleks Changes

Status
Not open for further replies.

ByAsura

He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Firstly, there's the part where they have 7 keys in their AP section, and 6 in their key below the notable individuals page. This could easily be solved by having "Large Star level (Their weapons could easily break TARDISes, were going to launch planets at 50c towards Galifrey) | Likely Large Star level (It has been stated that the Daleks have destroyed a million stars)" fuse, especially since they do not give a timeframe for the latter, meaning it could be Daleks across the board.

Secondly, it rates Post-Time war Daleks as being Small Building level for destroying houses, however, this was actually a faction of Time War Daleks rescued from the Time War in order for Davros to set up the Reality Bomb. The context here is that a family refused to leave their homes for the testing of the Reality Bomb, so three Daleks destroyed their home. Watch The Stolen Earth for more context.
Screenshot (455)
Screenshot (456)
Screenshot (457)
Edit: Screenshots
^ On this note, Time War Daleks should be City Block level since they have shown the capability to get through the armor of other Time War Daleks, since a Time War performed the City Block level feat in Season 1 Ep 6, Dalek. Also this should also upgrade the New Paradigm Daleks, since the ones they disintegrated were the Time War Daleks.

Edit: For the New Paradigm of Daleks, they might not have used their force fields, in the case that's it's possible for them to not use it, but they were still stated to be more powerful than the regular ones by the Doctor, and have many other statements by the Daleks themselves of being "pure" or superior, but this mostly refers to species.

Thirdly, there's no real justification for some of the statistics; At least Galaxy level, possibly Universe level (With the Apocalypse Element), Multiverse level+ (Via chain reaction by setting off a bomb in the Medusa cascade), possibly High Complex Multiverse level (With a DARDIS core. However, this cannot be used for regular offensive purposes) | High Complex Multiverse level with the Eye of Harmony.

Lastly, there's some other misc problems, like the format and powers and abilities, but i won't go too much into that. But i will go into the part where they have shown self destruction, and, in the Eleventh Doctor episode Asylum of the Daleks, a Dalek self destructed without containing it, so the explosion destroyed multiple Time War Daleks, and shook a large portion of a Dalek Assylum. Also, during the Waters of Mars Episode, it was shown that a Dalek did not attack a young Adelaide Brooke, which the Doctor stated was because the Dalek sensed that she was a fixed point in time.

TL;DR The two Large Star level keys should probably be fused. Time War Dalek, Dalek
Screenshot (463)
Puppets, and the new paradigm Daleks should be City Block level due to being able to bypass Time War Dalek's forcefields, which could withstand the City Block level feat. The
New Paradigm of Daleks
profile lacks justification for some of the higher weapons. They should have self destruction and clairvoyance.

I agree with this so far though I question what the Coty Block feat is (I imagine it's the falling from orbit thing)

Yes, if you want to see the feat, i can provide some scans. There's no real calculation to it, but i'd imagine Daleks are fairly heavy.

Edit: Apparently they're only 40 lbs, but it's not exactly a reliable source i got it from.

I mean even a fairly burly worker described the metal as quite heavy so I doubt it's too light (this was a single plate of Dalek armour)

That makes sense for City Block then, especially since it is implied to have been in outerspace, rather than a high point in the atmosphere.

And it's not like they don't have supporting feats (I mean inferior models have Small Building and even Building feats) which might be interesting for a new key or two

If memory serves there might actually be a slight upgrade to the Special Weapons Dalek as well

If i recall, there was a story where it vaporized a colony ship. But i think it's made clear they don't exactly scale to regular ones.

Edit: It was in the novel Lucifer rising, and it was filled with people.

There's also a dalek with a welding tool in season 1 that cuts through a door in a part of a future space station designed against meteors.

Edit: It was The Parting of the Ways, and it was Satellite 5.

1) Damn that's impressive (wonder if it can be calced)

2) The tidbit I meant was in a book claiming the SWD had firepower 50 times greater then that of a standard unit (This can be discarded though)

3) That's also a good feat but seemed it was going to take time to completely breach the door

Wow, 50 times.

I think it vaporized or totally destroyed some renegades in Rememberance of the Daleks.

Edit: It vaporized them, leaving a scorch mark on the ground.

It took time to cut across the door, but it pierced it in no time if i recall. I'll have to watch the episode later.

It vaporised two of them (though i think it does this to 5 near the end)

Also upon teflection it did pierce the door (Might be 8-C)

So i watched Remembrance of the Daleks. There's a few feats for some of the Pre-Time Wars.

The Doctor implied that Anti-Tank Rockets would be generally ineffective against Daleks. And when used against one, Ace hit the thinnest part of the head (y' know, that grate section), which was only partially destroyed destroyed on impact, and everything else was intact, even including the top of the head. These are less advanced Daleks, which don't have shields for protection against explosives or bullets.

^ On this note, a renegade Dalek was able to destroy half of one of these Imperial Daleks.

The Doctor later implied that air and ground forces would be useless, making the above consistent. "Order all Air and Ground forces to avoid engaging the enemy at all costs. We must act with extreme caution." "And if we don't?" "Goodbye civilisation as you know it." It's possibly due to the changes to the time stream rather than the Dalek's power.

The Doctor makes mention of a Dalek mothership being capable of "eradicating this Planet (Earth) from Space", but they don't due to the timeline alterations.

The Daleks in this episode were killed a few times by timed explosives and plastic explosives, but some were due to Ace's Nitro-9, and the rest where when the Imperial Daleks were weakened by the Doctor's invention.

The SWD vaporized two at once, and then 4 later. There were 5 originally, but the Supreme Renegade Dalek escaped.

Has anybody asked Azathoth to comment here?

Offensive Capabilities:

I think the Small Building level rating comes from the Daleks dialling back their offensive capabilities so that they can induce as maximum pain as possible.

And you know how those Dalek guns work, don't you? On full power, they can blast a human being to atoms in a split second. But they never do that. Every Dalek dials down the power on its gun-stick to the specific level that will kill a human being. Then they lower the power just a tiny bit further, so that the beam burns away the central nervous system from the outsside in, meaning that every huuman bieng dies in agony. So it takes a full two to three seconds for a Dalek to exterminate one of us-and that's deliberate.
Meanwhile, Janley had crossed to the metal sheet on the stand. 'This screen is made of two-inch thick tungsten steel. You all know how hard it is. All right, Valmar.' She moved to join the group at the table.
The Dalek swivelled around to point at the screen.

Valmar held the control unit. He tapped a button on the unit and tapped the Dalek on the dome. 'Fire at the screen,' he ordered.

The gun-stick spat. The air was filled with a tingle of electricity. The screen on the stand glowed, then shattered into a million shards.
Leela: There was a Dalek, like no other I had ever seen. Grey and black and big, it's top half like a glass ball.
War Doctor: A Disruptor Dalek, an early time weapon.

Leela: The glass ball was full of energy, going round and round, getting brighter. I fired at it, just as it shot at me.

[sfx of guns firing and then some noise]

Leela: It killed me, I thought.

War Doctor: You were shot with an experimental time weapon.

Leela: I went in to the dark. I was there for a long time, or seconds, I'm not sure.

War Doctor: The Disruptor Dalek displaced you in time and space, violently. It should have killed you.

War Doctor: No, I don't think that's it, quite the opposite.

Leela: Yes.

Woman: What's the opposite of losing your memory?

Leela: Gaining all of your memories.

[woman scoffs]

Woman: what?

War Doctor: The Disruptor Dalek weapon was intended to rip a person from history, entirely. From every possible time stream. It did half the job on Leela. It fractured her in each of her possible time lines, but she was reconstituted. You fought it Leela, you refused to die.
'It's the weapon, Cinder. That's what's doing it,' said the Doctor. 'That cannon ― it can erase a person's timeline from history, removing every trace of them, as if they never even existed. It's what happened to your friend, out there in the ruins, the person whose bunk was next to your own at the camp, the one you can't quite remember. Your mind is struggling to comprehend it. You know here's something wrong, something missing. The memories are still there, buried inside your head, but they no longer add up, they no longer relate to a person you've known or seen, because reality has warped around you.'
Durability/Resistances:

• Don't know why Dalek ships are are only Planet level in durability, since they have easily defeated TARDIS', and The Doctor's TARDIS is supposed to be "At least Star level, possibly Solar System level", and that TARDIS is ancient technology.
  • Survives lightning bolt

Steve: "... and examined the crack in the dome. Nothing. All hope drained away. I felt my whole body sag in defeat. What could I do? I didn't know how to resuscitate a Dalek, or if it even could be done. I mean, before now why would anyone have even wanted to try. [sighs] It wasn't CPR, but I beat out my frustration by beating on the dome. [electrical crackle] I looked inside again. What appeared to be radio valves were glowing in the dark. I could hear the hum of a transform and then, in the nest of wire and cable, a movement. The Dalek creature, Two-One-Zero, he was alive! Before I could see any more, a cloud of steam poured out and I had to jump back."

Two-One-Zero: [gurgling sounds with crackle of electrical vocal system coming online]

Steve: "It could repair itself. With relief, I watched the rain water evaporate. The the eyestalk flicked up, and the dome turned around.

Two-One-Zero: "STEVEN TAYLOR, YOU HAVE SAVED ME"

Steve: "I had no idea what to say."

{several minutes later}

Two-One-Zero: "WEAPON SYSTEMS ARE NOW AT MAXIMUM STRENGTH, RECHARGED BY THE LIGHTNING."
  • Survive Nuclear weapons, plus resistance to diseases and radiation
It's fully formed now. I can't just throw a brick at it again. Its got a tough, radiation-proof casing. It's immune to every infection. It'd just blink at a nuclear explosion. If it could blink.
  • Adapting to weaponry
DOCTOR: I was at the wedding. You got her name wrong. Now then, Jakey boy, if I can open up the bonding chamber on this thing, it'll work on polycarbite.
JAKE: What's polycarbite?

DOCTOR: Skin of a Dalek.
DALEK 3: Alert. Casing impaired. Casing impaired.
DOCTOR: Rose, get out!

BLACK DALEK: Fire power insufficient! Fire power insufficient!

(Rose stumbles. Pete helps her up.) PETE: Come on.

(Mickey dives for his big gun.) CYBERMAN: Daleks will be deleted. Delete. Delete.

ROSE: Mickey, come on!

DALEK 3: Adapt to weaponry.

BLACK DALEK: Fire power restored!
  • Nanotechnology
Cuttin' Edge peered at the Dalek, which was still wreathed in a freezing mist and caked with frost. 'Man, we were lucky. I really thought my time was up.'
'It wouldn't have worked if you hadn't been shooting at it.' The Doctor glanced at the rifle slung over Cuttin' Edges shoulder. 'What kind of ammunition does that thing take? You damaged that Dalek on Hurala-I've never seen that done before with a conventional firearm. Lucky shot at the eye, maybe, but that was something special.'

'MDV,' said Cuttin' Edge. 'Molecular Dissolution Virus. It's something Scrum developed. Bastic-headed bullet to penetrate the force field. Then it infects the armour plating and just eats its way through.'

The Doctor raised his eyebrows. 'Ingenious. It'd have to act fast, though. It would take an extremely aggressive MDV to beat the automatic self-repair molecules that make up the bonded polycarbide.'

Cuttin' Edge was peering carefully at the head and neck section of the Dalek. 'What I don't understand is why the thing didnt work this time. I had it point-blank. Should've rusted its damn head clean off.'

'Well, your weapons are smart all right,' said the Doctor, 'but the Daleks are smarter. Their armour learns and adapts. By the time your metal-eating virus was chewing its way through the first Dalek, it was already analyzing the damage and transmitting emergency defense protocols so its mates wouldn't get caught out in the same way.
  • Resistance against magnetism

'I suppose we're pretty close to the core here,' said the Doctor chattily. He tried a few light bounces, his trainers squeaking loudly on the metal walkway. 'I can feel thee fluctuations in the magnetic field. Must be playing hell with you.'

'I AM IMMUNE TO THE EFFECTS,' Dalek X replied.

'Well,' said the Doctor. 'Good for you.
Misc:

It's like we were always heading for this. You came to the TARDIS. And you found me again. Your granddad. Your car. Donna, your car. You parked your car right where the TARDIS was going to land. That's not coincidence at all! We've been blind. Something's been drawing us together for such a long time.

Davros: Caan did more than that. He saw time. Its infinite complexity and majesty, raging through his mind. And he saw you. Both of you.

CAAN: This I have foreseen, in the wild and the wind. The Doctor will be here as witness, at the end of everything. The Doctor and his precious Children of Time. And one of them will die.
Sources:

Additional:

I believe there's a quote out there somewhere that puts the Dalek Saucers at Solar System level, but I can't find it. It had something to do with every shot being fired upon Galifrey's defences being "Each shot being a supernovae that lasted thousands of years".

The Dalek Empire detonated the Apocalypse Element within the galaxy, causing widespread destruction at eighteen light-years Gallifrey-relative and would be destroyed over six hours. However, the unpredictable nature of the element sped up the destruction, but the fireball was contained and kept from engulfing the universe through the use of the Eye of Harmony.
~ source​
Reality bomb quote

I know they can suppress themselves, but City block level would make more sense for an average rating considering they can easily kill other Daleks. However, since you gave Large Tow to City level feats, i think that could be an upgrade for the average pre, time, and post time war Dalek.

Completely agree with existence erasure for some.

Being durable enough to withstand nukes and resistance to radiation sounds good. But which ones.

I think they have Adaptation on their profile.

Adding to this, Daleks have Anti bodies within their casing, and on the Assylum they have nanotech that infects and transforms humans into Dalek puppets.

They were going to destroy an unshielded Tardis with Missiles from the Dalek mothership in The Parting of the Ways, so i completely agree. Also, the Doctor believed the Cult of Skaro would, alone, be able to destroy the Sun, despite being even weaker than a Dalek force described as nothing to the Daleks they fought when making the Reality Bomb.

I knew why the weapons were that powerful. But thanks for the quotes.

I think they're portrayed as quite significantly above. The Time Lords don't really have feats on their level, like tanking explosives.

Don't you remember the Daleks vs Cybermen scene?

Five million Cybermen? Easy. One Doctor? Now you're scared!
~ Rose Tyler talking to four Daleks​

The Doctor, the one who has the technology to easily destroy many of their people, and the one who set off the Moment at them (well, they thought he did).

I'm not sure about that, i'm just saying that his technology is powerful enough to easily defeat the Daleks, which he's done on so many occasions.

Understood. But even so, I would not upgrade Daleks without upgrading Time Lords too. Even with no actual feats (although The Doctor did resist a device which was going to turn him to dust), they are comprable. They still engaged into a terrible war. Or did that change when I wasn't looking?

Hmm I don't think Daleks scale since they tend to one shot them and tank a barrage of attacks from one (The Doctor just beating a Dalek)

I forgot to mention a feat.

During the episode Dalek, a highly damaged Time War Dalek was able to drain the entire American West Coast of power.

I didn't mean the feat (thank you though, as i was also looking for that), just the amount of power.

I'd like to make a few changes that don't require much discussion. The Daleks should have Energy Projection since that is quite literally their signature attack. The format on the Neutron Strikes Solar System to Multi Solar System level should be fixed. And Daleks should have body control since they can fully rotate their head, chest, and lower armor.

I found some of the quotes Colonel was mentioning.

Screenshot (464)
The Atomization and the nuke tanking is Time War Daleks by the way.
Link 1, 2, 3, 4

Dalek destroys tungsten
Screenshot (466)
Screenshot (467)

I agree with that. They have force fields capable of tanking very powerful explosions, while Pre-Time War ones could be damaged by conventional artillery.

But i could have something for city level pre time war Dalek gun sticks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back