• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Danny Phantom/A Glitch in Time - Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1) and Abstract Existence (Type 1) for Ghost Physiology

Status
Not open for further replies.

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
Or likely alternatively titled "LordGriffin1000 still doesn't know what is required for these abilities and makes a fool of himself". Not sure if I got this right this time but if not then it just ain't happening, gotta give ya boy credit for trying right?

This thread will attempt to give all ghosts Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1) and Abstract Esistance (Type 1).

Conceptual Manipulation

First I'll try Conceptual Manipulation...

1. Independent Universal Concepts: Such concepts are completely independent from the part of reality they govern, except maybe of other concepts of this nature. These concepts shape all of reality within their area of influence and at whatever level that area exists in, and everything in it "participates" in these concepts. For example, a circular object is circular because it is "participating" in the concept of "circle-ness". In this way, the alteration of these concepts will change every object of the concept across all of their area of influence, while the opposite wouldn't affect the concept.

Evidence

As mentioned in the cosmology blog, originally the Danny Phantom world was one but a war caused such a heavy toll on the world that it split in two and resulted in the creation of the spirit world (Ghost Zone) and Human World (Universe).

As stated in the scan...

"The toll became to much to bear, and the great divide occurred. Spirit was ripped from the earth, and one world became two.

"Each being's energies- wrath, love, fear, sadness- any and all that the physical world could not hold would belong to the spirit realm."

So from the above, it is shown that the emotions of those who inhibited the orginal universe predate the current reality.

Vlad confirmed this and stated that he believed it the power they were looking for is the primordial source of ecto energy that predates the Ghost Zone itself, and called it the source of all ghost energy. We later discover that the ultimate power is indeed emotions and that ghosts themselves are manifestations of real emotions and those who lose they humanity lose their literal identity and become ghosts that resemble less human entities. With it being mentioned that spirits without earthly ties lose sight of the truth and find themselves in the abyss.

This is why all ghosts mine for human emotions to empower themselves and keep their identity. Even the Ghost Zone itself is made of nothing but a void of ectoplasm and thus is a construct of the pure emotions from the orginal entities from orginal universe as their emotions belong to the spirit realm.

Conclusion

Emotions are the ultimate power in the verse and is the primordal souce of all ghost energy/ectoplasmic energy that predates the Ghost Zone itself which would include the Clockwork (Danny Phantom), who is the embodiment of time.

The Ghost Zone itself and all ghosts are literally manifestations of pure emotions and ghosts mine it to not only empower themselves but also keep their literal identity as they will become lost in the abyss (become unrecognizable and less human).

With all said above, I'll put all the points below...

* 1. completely independent from the part of reality they govern.

Emotions predate the Ghost Zone which is ectoplasm and thus a construct of pure emotions. Without emotions the Ghost Zone and ghosts wouldn't be the same but since emotions predate time itself, said emotions would be independent from it.

* 2. shape all of reality within their area of influence and at whatever level that area exists in.

As stated emotions are apart of not just the Ghost Zone but ghosts themselves, it shapes them all as without it, they lose their identity and become lose and unrecognizable as it is akin to their humanity. We even know that the Ghost Zone is apart of the dimensional structure of the current reality and if it goes the rest of reality goes.

Thus, I suggest...

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1 - The Ghost Zone and all ghosts are manifestations of pure emotions which predates the Ghost Zone itself as well as being the source of all ghost energy/ectoplasmic energy, with ghosts possessing the ability to mine emotions to empower themselves, retain their humanity, and very identity or will lose sight of it and become lost in the abyss)

Abstract Existence

Now on to Abstract Existence, they have type 2 but the aim is to update it to type 1.

Type 1: Exists purely as an abstraction. These characters lack a true physical form, and affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself, because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars.

Evidence

As mentioned above, ghosts are manifestations of real human emotions, they are shown to lack actual true physical forms as they need to construct forms that can be willing broken down back to nothing and quickly reformed. With these forms being decribed as manifestations of ectoplasmic energy and post human consciousness which would qualify as avatars.

At their default states, real world and spirit world objects cannot interact and passively phase through each other. This is why ghosts need to make tangible bodies so they can interact with the world and it can with them which is why they use the second form of intangibility in combat as they can spread it to other objects and real world stuff and don't need to revert back to their natural state that can't touch or be touched naturally.

Humans needed to develop anti-ghost technology to actually affact and harm ghosts as even in tangible states, ghosts feel no pain when split in half by real world objects. However when it is anti-ghost tech, ghosts are surprised that they feel pain since to their knowledge only other ghosts could affect and harm them like when they are in the Ghost Zone.

Conclusion

With all said above, I think ghosts should be considered type 1 abstracts and to reiterate my points....

* 1. Exists purely as an abstraction

We know that ghosts are manifestations of real human emotions.

* 2. lack a true physical form

We are shown throughout the series that ghosts have no true physical form.

* 3. affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself

We see that in their true state they are only affected by other ghosts or the environment of the Ghost Zone (which are the same make up) as everything else passively phase through them. Only their tangible forms can be interacted with and only harmed by anti-ghost technology which is designed to affect them.

* 4. eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars

As mentioned, ghosts have no true physical form and they construct bodies from their incorporeal energy and consciousness which would be similar to that as an avatar because they can break it down, restore it or simply make a new one given what is shown.

With that mentioned, I suggest...

Abstract Existence (Type 1 - Ghosts are manifestations of real human emotions that lack true physical forms that cannot interact with the physical world or be interacted with by it naturally, requiring them to create tangible bodies in order to do so which can be willingly broken down to nothing or it's orginal stated and restored if need be)

Agree: 15 (3 staff): ProfectusInfinity, ShakeResounding, DarkDragonMedeus (However mentioned these abilities are a bit over his head), Starsprite53, Eseseso, SYPHe5D, Serlock_Holmes, Planck69, HenshinIntervention, Magicomethkuon, Vietthai96, Maitreya, Deceived3596, LephyrTheRevanchist, azontr,

Disagree:

Neutral:

Last edited:
cook-chef.gif

I'll go through the thread when I have the chance.

* 1. completely independent from the part of reality they govern.

Emotions predate the Ghost Zone which is ectoplasm and thus a construct of pure emotions. Without emotions the Ghost Zone and ghosts wouldn't be the same without emotions but since emotions predate time itself, they'd be independent from it.

* 2. shape all of reality within their area of influence and at whatever level that area exists in.

As stated emotions are apart of not just the Ghost Zone but ghosts themselves, it shapes them all as without it, they lose their identity and become lose and unrecognizable as it is akin to their humanity. We even know that the Ghost Zone is apart of the dimensional structure of the current reality and if it goes the rest of reality goes.

Thus, I suggest...

Conceptual Manipulation (Type 1 - The Ghost Zone and all ghosts are manifestations of pure emotions that predates the Ghost Zone itself as well as being the source of all ghost energy/ectoplasmic energy, with ghosts possessing the ability to mine emotions to empower themselves, retain their humanity, and very identity or will lose site of it and become lost in the abyss)
Easy agree.
* 1. Exists purely as an abstraction

We know that ghosts are manifestations of real human emotions.

* 2. lack a true physical form

We are shown throughout the series that ghosts have no true physical form.

* 3. affecting them requires the ability to affect directly the abstraction itself

We see that in their true state they are only affected by other ghosts or the environment of the Ghost Zone (which are the same make up) as everything else passively phase through them. Only their tangible forms can be interacted with and only harmed by anti-ghost technology which is designed to affect them.

* 4. eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars

As mentioned, ghosts halve no true physical form and they construct bodies from their incorporeal energy and consciousness which would be similar to that as an avatar because they can break it down, restore it or simply make a new one given what is shown.

With that mentioned, I suggest...

Abstract Existence (Type 1 - Ghosts are manifestations of real human emotions that lack true physical forms that cannot interact with the physical world or be interacted with by it naturally, requiring them to create tangible bodies in order to do so which can be willingly broken down to nothing or it's orginal stated and restored if need be)
Agree with this too.

After reviewing the total evidence regarding type 1 conceptual manipulation, I am in agreement that this is acceptable. Vlad’s statement in particular helps clear up a lot of potential contentions with him verbatim stating that this power predates the ghost zone itself which we know is inexpressibly linked with the real world.

Minor nitpicking, but it should be lose sight of it, right????????? 💀
You just had to point thay out lol. I'll fix it.
Anyway CM1 and AE1 look good to me (not like my vote is matter anyway), also i suggest you put the CM1 explanation in a blog for future reference, safer in case someone question about the ability, i put my CM1 explanation in a blog too
It's all going in the Ghost Physiology page, I'm going to most likely put the full explination in a note section.

Last edited:
I wanted to point out that while this has the needed support to apply when the Grace Period is over, I'm still going to wait for Deceived3596 to comment their thoughts as I don't want anyone's input to be overlooked regardless of if they are staff or not.

I have some free time so I can comment on this thread:

Conceptual Manipulation:

I reviewed all the evidence provided in the OP and I find myself agreeing with the conclusions reached. If we have direct evidence of these "emotions" defining and influencing the existence of structures which the actual concept itself predates, it's blatant evidence that the concept is inherently independent from the actual structures it gives existence to. It has the prerequisite conditions needed for Type 2 while possessing the independency needed for Type 1, so it's fine in my opinion.

Abstract Existence:

I also find myself agreeing with this. Souls within Danny Phantom are constructed of this ectoplasm, which is demonstrably abstract; so it fulfills the needed "exists purely as an abstraction" condition laid out on the page.

It fulfills the condition of "lacking a true physical form" since spiritual entities in the series are directly non-physical; having physical attacks phase through them, with only attacks which are spiritual in nature or after the spiritual entity "physicalises" itself into existence, damaging them.

It fulfills the condition of "affecting them requires the ability to directly affect the abstraction itself" since only attacks which are made of this abstract energy are capable of affecting their true forms.

And finally, it fulfills the condition of "because eventual physical manifestations are merely avatars" since spiritual beings in verse are intangible until they grant themselves physical bodies, which are just physical manifestations of their spiritual selves.

**** is up with danny phantom with this shit zawg
Blame the graphic novel, it opened the floodgates for this stuff given all the new lore it added to the series which when combined with the series orginal lore gives use stuff like this. I'm even working on another big buff that if accepted (and I did the match correctly which I probably didn't) would upgrade the verses speed to the quadrillions x speed of light.

Blame the graphic novel, it opened the floodgates for this stuff given all the new lore it added to the series which when combined with the series orginal lore gives use stuff like this. I'm even working on another big buff that if accepted (and I did the match correctly which I probably didn't) would upgrade the verses speed to the quadrillions x speed of light.
Surprised you aren't trying to give DF either Tier Low 1-C or Immeasurable Speed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back