• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dante vs the Dovahkiin: featuring Dante from the Devil May Cry Series

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dante resist everything but Death manipulation and kills the Dovahkiin with the majority of his powers, including just shooting the Dovahkiin due to Dante's deconstruction and BFR. I know the chances the Dovahkiin kills Dante are really high, but the chances Dante manages to just shoot the Dovahkiin are also high.

At least can you say why you think it is a stomp.

Doesn't Dovahkiin have tier 1 BFR?, either way I'm not super knowledgeable about either character; So I'll wait for the DMC/ES supporters to make their cases.

That's how far it sends you, but I don't think that would get around Dante's resist (or I believe he has resist to BFR but I maybe wrong). Also the Dovahkiin's BFR may or may not have a time limit so its already pretty on fence. Granted I forgot about the low 1-C power absorption but that has the same problem as the Death Hax. The Dovahkiin has to pull out a weapon to use it so Dante could shot him in that time.

If I remember correctly, there was a tape in DMC1 that said that the influence of the demonic world that passed through the island of Malet killed a flower.

but bfr level 1 makes dante go too far.

Yeah from what I'm reading on both profiles Dante doesn't seem to resist BFR and even if he did, I think being banished to a higher plain of existence is a bit above being sent to the demon realm.

That said it seems most of the really broken hax Dovahkiin has is from the DLC, so it depends are we using Base or DLC Dovahkiin?.

The Axiom of Virgo said:
Yeah I can't see a way for Dante to counter tier 1 hax.
Quickly shooting the Dovahkiin since the only 1-C hax that'll 100% work requires the Dovahkiin to pull out a weapon. The BFR is thought based but possibly has a time limit.

Also for Bend Will that requires the Dovahkiin to say a word or three while Dante deconstructs the Dovahkiin just by shooting them. Other matches have been added despite the win conditions being mind hax and death meanwhile Dante can kill the Dovahkiin with most his arsenal. I think people are just think about how the Dovahkiin wins and forgetting that Dante doing anything but standing there like an idiot also kills the Dovahkiin. A stomp is when an opponent can't win or just gets destroyed almost instantly but Dante has plenty of options to kill the Dovahkiin and can survive most the Dovahkiin's hax.

AogiriKira said:

This is a stomp. Dovah opens with High 1-B mind hax.
He doesn't have that. The Dovahkiin's mind hax scales to an island, the mind hax just has low 1-C range (and that range may only apply to Miraak).

Plus the Mind hax requires the Dovahkiin to say a word or three. Vs Dante just shooting the Dovahkiin and deconstructing them.

Keeweed said:
AogiriKira said:

This is a stomp. Dovah opens with High 1-B mind hax.
He doesn't have that. The Dovahkiin's mind hax scales to an island, the mind hax just has low 1-C range (and that range may only apply to Miraak).
No from what I know it's actually High 1-B mind hax.

Basically one of the daedric princes (I believe it was molag bal but im not sure) attempted to mind hax a dragon, but the dragon's willpower was able to withstand it. So Dovah mindhaxing dragons is a High 1-B mindhax feat, since he mindhaxxed something a Daedric Prince couldn't

Okay, Let's try this again, would Dante's Deconstruction work with Spellbreaker in dova's hands? I am not sure, but i don't think so, if it doenst work Dova can just shout bend will and he will win.

The Deconstruction isn't magic, so yes, it'll work.

As for the high 1-B mind hax; that was rejected in the originall revisions as a massive outlier. Also I'm pretty sure it was taken heavily out of context.

Yeah, this is the Titans' lore basically.

And Dante's deconstruction only works if he kills you.

I remember the high 1-B mind manipulation resistance was rejected in the original revisions. I'll go find when it was rejected but it'll take me a while to find it.

As for the deconstruction, that's not the only way Dante could just shoot the Dovahkiin to death, and I remember multiple people saying it is combat applicable. If it's not I need to comment on another match real quick.

how good is the resistance to hava of the soul of dova (unsafe is 1A ovo) if it is the basis then you can easily destroy your soul (your soul hax works with beings with resistance to the planetary hax soul)?

Would be nice if you could find the thread, because I don't recall it being rejected.

And the Dovahkiin dodges, or blocks, or whatever, and thanks to prisoner metaphysics stomps either way.

Not to mention Dovahkiin stomps him via AP, so it's not like the bullets would even hurt him either way.

Oliver de jesus said:
how good is the resistance to hava of the soul of dova (unsafe is 1A ovo) if it is the basis then you can easily destroy your soul (your soul hax works with beings with resistance to the planetary hax soul)?
Better than anything in DMC. Not to mention that Dante's soul hax is very basic.

Ogbunabali said:
Would be nice if you could find the thread, because I don't recall it being rejected.

And the Dovahkiin dodges, or blocks, or whatever, and thanks to prisoner metaphysics stomps either way.

Not to mention Dovahkiin stomps him via AP, so it's not like the bullets would even hurt him either way.
Dante seals his opponent via shooting them so his bullets don't need to hurt the Dovahkiin.

Though I have wanted to ask Matt or Ultima if prisoner metaphysic applies to dodging and shooting because that would effect the CoC match with Bayonetta and a crap ton of other matches (granted the CoC vs Bayonetta match was a stomp but I want to know how big of a stomp it was).

I'll be searching for the bend will stuff right now because if it actually is high 1-B that would effect a crap ton of matches.

Keeweed said:
Dante seals his opponent via shooting them so his bullets don't need to hurt the Dovahkiin.
Which Dovahkiin dodges, and Dante never does that in character anyway. Literally did it once in his entire life. At most you could argue that he'd do it as a last resort, but he'll be dead by then.

Keeweed said:
Ogbunabali said:

Though I have wanted to ask Matt or Ultima if prisoner metaphysic applies to dodging and shooting because that would effect the CoC match with Bayonetta and a crap ton of other matches (granted the CoC vs Bayonetta match was a stomp but I want to know how big of a stomp it was).

I'll be searching for the bend will stuff right now because if it actually is high 1-B that would effect a crap ton of matches.
Wards create a shield, whitch means it won't reach dovah, that would affect its sealing?

I doubt the ward would block sealing but give me a second as I'm currently still looking for the Elder Scrolls revisions because High 1-B mind hax would change so much about the Dovahkiin's matches in general.

Also Dante's starting move seems to be debated on this site since I remember Dante winning multiple matches via starting with BFR but now people are saying he doesn't start with it so I'm also need to find out what Dante starts with.

I just want to point out a person not starting with their winning condition does not make a match a stomp as we've had multiple threads over that and Harkon was lossing a match due to that.

Keeweed said:
I doubt the ward would block sealing but give me a second as I'm currently still looking for the Elder Scrolls revisions because High 1-B mind hax would change so much about the Dovahkiin's matches in general.
Also Dante's starting move seems to be debated on this site since I remember Dante winning multiple matches via starting with BFR but now people are saying he doesn't start with it so I'm also need to find out what Dante starts with.

I just want to point out a person not starting with their winning condition does not make a match a stomp as we've had multiple threads over that and Harkon was lossing a match due to that.
The Problem is Prisoner Methaphysics.

If dan't doesnt kill dovahkiin first than he can use Bend Will, gg, dovah wins 100% of it.

Every time a prisoner is used a match people say Prisoner Metaphysic make it a stomp, but I've never seen anyone explain why. The Dovahkiin starts with everything at once but many characters start with their best abilities and those characters don't just instant stomp. So if someone can explain why that just makes all prisoner matches super huge stomps I that would be great.

Also sorry if that or any of my comments come off as rude. I really don't want to come off that way.

Keeweed said:
Every time a prisoner is used a match people say Prisoner Metaphysic make it a stomp, but I've never seen anyone explain why. The Dovahkiin starts with everything at once but many characters start with their best abilities and those characters don't just instant stomp. So if someone can explain why that just makes all prisoner matches super huge stomps I that would be great.
Also sorry if that or any of my comments come off as rude. I really don't want to come off that way.
Let's say dovahkiin has 100 matches, in that 100 he wins 10 of them, with prisoner methaphysics, dovahkiin will Always start with what made him win, this is why if dovah has a win con people say that he stomps, it's not how it works.

I don't know if my explanation is correct but i saw someone else saying it was that way that it worked lol , i'll try to find where.

EDIT: Yep, i found it:

As a Prisoner, the Dovahkiin is a quantum-being who simultaneously walks all paths. So every single quests, actions, races, genders and armors you can select are canon, regardless of the contradiction.

In the context of VS debating, Prisoner Metaphysic allow the Dovahkiin to always choose the right way to win, because the Prisoner will choose and walks through all paths, and one of these is bound to be the one where he wins or at least kill his opponent (unless it's an opponent that the Dovahkiin can't defeat no matter what or an opponent that speedblitz him)

It's a "i will use all of my power, weapons and abilities all at the same time" kind of power. Basically, it's a power that throw the concept of first move out of the window by literally doing every single possible actions all at the same time. That's how i interpret it anyway.

The high 1-B mind manipulation stuff is buried under a crap ton of revisions and Durnehviir also apparently has low 1-C soul resistance right now and both of those sound like massive outliers I need to make a thread about both of those.

As for Prisoner Metaphysic I can't find a blog on that despite there being blogs for practically everything else for the Elder Scrolls so I'll make a thread about that right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back