• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Okay, but there still needs to be some degree of consistency. I do not think that Kitty Pryde is 9-C if Gambit is 8-A.

Well, the problem is that this is where reasonably consistent power-scaling leads us.

Thank you for the help with assembling a list.

I'm only time with 8-A Cap, Black Panther, Deadpool, Wolverine, Beast (possible), Blade and that's it. Maybe X-23 but she is weaker than Wolverine.

Okay. Should the rest be placed at 9-A instead?

Beast is supposed to be physically equal to Spider-Man btw.

Well, as I have mentioned previously, fixing and making the Marvel profiles reasonably consistent is a very high priority.

Spider-Woman should scale from Spider-Man, yes.

Spider-Woman is the strongest of the ones listed.

As for 8-A feats, I've found those for Deadpool, Wolverine, Captain America, plus Building level feats for Beast, Cap and Black Panther. Luke Cage also has a feat of barely surviving a Low 7-C nuke which is consistent with 8-A durability.

Luke Cage is supposed to be considerably stronger than Spider-Man and the Green Goblin.

Antvasima said:
Luke Cage is supposed to be considerably stronger than Spider-Man and the Green Goblin.
He's on that level, yes. It just further supports the strongest Street-bound heroes being that strong.

Luke Cage is supposed to be much more powerful than most "street level" characters though.

Btw: The Marvel Comics page still needs to have its character sections organised in alphabetical order, if anybody is interested in helping out.

Well Daredevil has also fought Crossbones:

Here, honestly with so many examples of his defeating and/or fighting 8-A character's even with Marvel's inconsistencies I don't see why he isn't 8-A?

@Newendigo

Okay. I am open for better suggestions.

I think we should split it into teams / groups.

Avengers, X-Men, Fantastic Four, Spider-Man, Defenders, Abstracts, Asgardians

Well, the problem is that some profiles do not sort neatly under any of those categories, but I suppose that those could go under "Other" instead. Also, I think that "Cosmic Entities" works better than "Abstracts" and "Deities" works better than "Asgardians".

@Matthew

Feel free to reorganise the page if you wish in any case.

I feel like Punisher should recieve an upgrade in at least durability (but likely attack potency as well)

Considering Punisher was able to survive a school explosion and only have a relatively small injury should be at least building level.

https://m.imgur.com/a/DHdUI

Yes, but it turned rather disorganised regarding which character that should go to which category.

If there are going to be major upgrades/downgrades to Marvel character and not just Daredevil then Maybe We should highlight this thread? And once again, Daredevil has consistently hurt solid 8-A characters. Why he shouldn't scale to them even with Marvel's inconsistencies doesn't make sense. If different writers across a long period of time (some showings are pre 2000's and others barely 2-3 years ago) have put him on that level then why are we claiming that he isn't?

It is probably better if Matthew creates a new discussion thread for such a purpose in that case.

It may or may not be best to make it staff only as a precaution.

Yeah the Marvel upgrades thread should be staff only I agree with that. However with regards to Daredevil's upgrades I don't see why with so much evidence a Tier 8-A rating is being rejected.

Well, Marvel is extremely inconsistent, and most of the street level characters (I do not include Luke Cage, Spider-Woman, Beast, etcetera in this category) do not have anywhere near tier 8-A feats on their own. I think that it might be better to consider such feats as outliers, and scale them all as 9-A or 8-C, to not make it too inconsistent. However, Matthew is the one in charge of the Marvel scaling.

I am starting to think that might be better. As it is most consistent with the overall scaling.

However, I'm pretty sure all the 8-A stuff is Deadpool's Durability. There are feats that are 8-A from Cap and Wolverine, however Cap's feat was blocked with his shield, which is 4-B. Wolverine also has Adamantium Skeleton, which is also 4-B.

That is true. Wolverine and Cap are generally treated as if the adamantium is protecting them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back