• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Darth Vader vs Anakin Skywalker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Round 1: Tough one, Vader has better TK but Anakin is a better duelist.

Round 2: Vader via superior everything except agility.

Round 3: Is there a point to this? One's ax-crazy and the other kills as quickly as possibly in-character.

Why did you bump such an old thread?

Regardless, In TK, both are roughly equal. I have never seen any telekinetic feats from either that would suggest they have the advantage. In Speed, obviously, Anakin has the edge, and that is the main reason he should win. When Maul and Vader dueled, Maul was leaping around Vader, slashing him repeatedly, and if I remember correctly, Vader never even landed a hit on Maul until the end when he nearly committed suicide to win. Anakin has greater speed feats than Maul does and should be able to replicate that. In resiliency, clearly Vader is more durable. He survived a Dark Side Burst and has fought with multiple saber wounds before, but Anakin should still be able to down him. Telepathic abilities may be more refined on Vader's part though. I have seen him straight Mind Control others before, while I never have with Anakin. However, Vader is not some extremely powerful telepath or anything of the like and rarely uses Mind Control during combat; so it may not matter. Lightsaber Throw, I know that both of them have learned it. Vader has used Beast Control, which I have never seen Anakin use (one of the powers I think Vader has that Anakin doesn't), but it makes no difference here. Vader is proficient in Absorption and Deflection (another power he has Anakin never used, that I remember), but that would be of no benefit to him here. In dueling skill, that may be hard to say. Vader could possibly have a skill advantage to his control and experience, but with Anakin's speed, that would not be enough for Vader to win.Thus, In regards to Legends,I believe Anakin takes it about 6-6.5/10.

In regards to canon, Vader has been unquestionably written to be Anakin's superior, and does possess superior feats and accolades regarding force prowess. In terms of dueling skill, Anakin has an edge over Vader both in feats and accolades. Still, Vader probably takes it about 6/10 times.

I'd say Vader wins all three rounds. For round 1 Vader has his Star Wars Rebels telekinetic and saber feats to pull out a 8/10 win. (His duel with Ashoka showed that he can keep up with fast and skilled opponents, and his first duel with Kanaan and Erza showed some telekinetics far beyond what I've seen Anakin do.)

For rounds 2&3 Vader absolutely destroys his younger self.

Round 2 has Vader using his knowledge of his old techniques and skills to systematically tear apart Anakin. His saber skills have long since surpassed Anakin's. He has also developed superior Force techniques. (such as his specialization in Force based strangulation and his vast telepathic abilities) I'd say that Vader wins 10/10.

Vader wins round 3 9/10 times. When Vader gets angry people die. (Remember how blew up that temple?) Anakin often looses his focus when he gets angry. Like in his duels with Obi-Wan and Dooku.

I'd say Anakin. When he turned into Vader, much of his body was replaced with prosthetics and therefore his connection to the Force was significantly weakened.

Lagomorph4 said:
I'd say Anakin. When he turned into Vader, much of his body was replaced with prosthetics and therefore his connection to the Force was significantly weakened.
That may be true. However, the Dark side is much more powerful than the Light side, at least in raw power.

That isn't exactly true. It entirely depends on the strength of the force practitioner. The Darkside is merely more seductive.

In fact they're both equal, neither is stronger than the other. The Light Side and Dark Side are philosophies, the Force is simply the Force. Their powers develop differently due to these ideologies, and in that respect, they're too different to tell. The Light side focuses on harmony with life and one's self, communing and listening to the Force and using one's abilities to protect, heal or otherwise help others. The Dark side is almost entirely offensively centered, with the focus being on getting more power, destroying or controlling others around you, and achieving nigh-unreachable goals.

In terms of individual characters, there are more powerful Darkside acolytes than Lightside acolytes, but in its entirety, no.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back