• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Darthon isn't starting with it right off the bat though. He is more likely to send minions against Flagg and then perhaps use his Law Manipulation-based powernull if he sees that sending minions or throwing a flood at him won't work

Ultima Reality said:
Darthon isn't starting with it right off the bat though. He is more likely to send minions against Flagg and then perhaps use his Law Manipulation-based powernull if he sees that sending minions or throwing a flood at him won't work
Still, Flagg has no way to counter such a power. Also, Darthon is likely immune to Flagg's commands.

I don't think he would be resistant to Flagg's commands at all.

The manner in which they work is not really explained besides being "magic" that Roland is somehow immune to, but I don't see resistance to magic, death manipulation, biological manipulation, mind manipulation or sleep manipulation on Darthon's page, which is what he needs in order to just resist them completely.

More than that, his durability is Wall level, and unlike Flagg, he doesn't seem to have any defensive measures that help mitigate that. If I'm reading into it correctly, pretty much anything good that the Dark Man has at his disposal can one-shot. Hard.

Also, sending minions after Flagg is a bad idea. Best case scenario (which is unlikely), he wipes all of them out with his hax. Worst case scenario (which is far more likely), he seizes control of them, turns them on their master and then teleports a good several miles away to watch from afar. Which would put him well outside of Darthon's effective range.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
I don't think he would be resistant to Flagg's commands at all.

The manner in which they work is not explained at all besides being "magic" that Roland is somehow immune to, but I don't see resistance to magic, death manipulation, biological manipulation or mind manipulation on Darthon's page, which is what he needs in order to just resist them completely.

More than that, his durability is Wall level, and unlike Flagg, he doesn't seem to have any defensive measures that help mitigate that. If I'm reading into it correctly, pretty much anything good that the Dark Man has at his disposal can one-shot. Hard.

Also, sending minions after Flagg is a bad idea. Best case scenario (which is unlikely), he wipes all of them out with his hax. Worst case scenario (which is far more likely), he seizes control of them, turns them on their master and then teleports a good several miles away to watch from afar. Which would put him well outside of Darthon's effective range.
I said he would be likely immune to Flagg's commands due to resistance to Reality Warping - which is likely the "type" of power these commands are.

Darthon's minions are literally bound to his will, if Flagg seizes control over them and turn them against him, he will likely make them all disappear

But regardless, vote counted. Was just pointing this out

Also

@Own

Darthon's resistance to Reality Warping / Law Manipulation is not inherent to him, it is just an ability that he can grant to himself via Law Manipulation

Walter's commands aren't really RW, though. The one thing we really know about them (besides the fact that they're extremely versatile) is that their origin is rooted in magic, which Walter himself states on two separate occasions when talking about Roland's resistance to his powers.

Even then, Walter has a good million or so other ways to hax him into the ground before he can do anything notable, and his mind reading would inform him of Darthon's law-manipulating powers and other abilities before he can even use them. I think he takes this far more times than not.

@Ultima:

Noted. But still, that just works out to Walter's benefit in the end.

Ah, just remembered the... consequences of the battle location being a New York Central Park

Changed the location, since... Darthon is pretty much a powerless human anywhere located outside of his realm, and he needs some magical book-thingy to actually access it

Although, i wonder if this actually changes anything? Darthon's first move in character while within his realm is manifesting as a disembodied voice hidden in some corner of his realm, and he chooses to send minions / use law-manipulating shenanigans while communicating with enemies as a voice, and the showing up in person if they survive the "ordeal"

Still don't know if this changes anything. Just pointing that out

Is he ''actually'' disembodied? Or is he pulling a Wizard of Oz where he's just projecting his voice to his foe while hidden away somewhere?

@Ultima:

Welp, damn. The former would've been far more interesting. lol

Anyway, in that case, Flagg's ESP via his Third Eye would almost certainly allow him to locate Darthon if need be. He can also use his mind reading while scanning with the Eye, and there aren't any visible visual cues of it being used either. The most that happens is the victim(s) experiencing a sudden and extremely frightening sensation that they're being watched.

So it's likely that Flagg would just stop the minions somehow, use the Eye to locate the source of the voice, then ruin Darthon's life after paying him a visit with his teleportation. That, or he'll just use any number of his powers to snuff him out from afar, since he can easily snipe from that distance.

Back