• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DBS/Z/GT macrocosm structure

Status
Not open for further replies.
Alright, this will be a relatively simple revision post, that is very important imo.

There seems to be some confusion on the structure of the DB macrocosm, in particular the afterlife and living world portions. I would like to put forward that the afterlife volumetrically is as large or larger than the living world, which we accept as a true Universe, and is a separate space time as well.

1. First to prove that Heaven and hell are the size of the Universe all we need do is look at the daizenshuu, which states directly as much.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11596

"Heaven is said to be as wide as the entire universe itself, and seems to consist mostly of an immense field of flowers."

SO there you have it, heaven alone is the size of the Universe. this is also backed up in any diagram of the macrocosm where the living world and other world are about equal in size.

2. Proving that other world is a seperate space from the living world, that cannot be simply flown to by beings other than gods like Whis, who can already cross time and space, including universes and timelines, it must be teleported to.

http://www.kanzenshuu.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=11596

Travel to and from the Afterlife

"Dead people can return to the living world for a single day, usually with Uranai Baba's help. The dead Elder Kaioshin freely goes to New Namek without Uranai Baba, but as a god he might be an exception. If nothing else, some sort of teleporting ability is needed under normal circumstances, due to the separation between the afterlife and living world. In DBZ movie 9, Goku is able to teleport back to the living world on his own for a split second. After 24 hours, the dead person must return to the afterlife, though it's not clear what would happen if they tried to stay. The 24 hour limit doesn't seem to be merely an arbitrary rule though: Goku says that his Super Saiyan 3 form uses up so much energy in the living world that it lowers the amount of time that he's able to stay there.

On the other hand, living people seem to have no problem traveling to the afterlife and back, but only if they have teleporting powers. Uranai Baba can travel freely between the living world and afterlife, and Goku teleports to Kaio's planet and back again before the Cell Games."

This shows that normally simple flight cannot take you to other world, and it is indeed separate from the living world, not just another part of the same space.

3. Here we get even more proof that it indeed has a separate time space.

https://imgur.com/a/3qrTT

Goku directly states in manga that time flows differently in other world than in the living world, and this is why they can only use SSJ3 in other world for long periods, and why presumably people don't seem to age to.

• I also must address a past comment on this point. It was stated previously that because time flows in other world and living world simultaneously, like when Goku is preparing to fight Nappa and Vegeta, that it is the same time space. This premise does not prove such a thing even if it is true. You can have multiple time spaces moving forward in time simultaneously, it occurs with Future trunks timeline and the present for example, both timelines move forward at the same rate, yet are completely separate timelines, so the logic behind that argument is flawed to start and it does not prove they are the same time space.
Furthermore we already consider each Universe macrocosm to be a separate space time, despite them all simultaneously moving forward in time, so again it is debunked that both space times moving forward at once makes them the same.

4. We know there are other space times even within the living world itself like the demon realm and ROSAT, and these are just part of the living world which is completely separate from other world. The only issue anybody takes with them is size, volumetrically, which is a whole other can of worms I won't bother with here.

Conclusion

This is clearly showing a separate and different universal space time if even time flows differently, it is a separated space that can't be flown to, and it's volumetric size is not in question either.

Therefore I would recommend officially agreeing that other world is a separate space time from the living world, and that a macrocosm in it's entirety is a 2-C structure. Not asking for any upgrades in this post, just that we can all agree other world and living world are two separate time space structures.

PLEASE DO NOT DERAIL THE THREAD OR CLOSE IT DOWN UNTIL IT HAS BEEN ANALIZED AND I HAVE A CHANCE TO RESPOND TO ANY QUESTIONS

This is meant to be simple and straight to the point.

I agree 100%

C╠Âh╠Âa╠Âr╠Âa╠Âc╠Ât╠Âe╠Âr╠Âs╠ ╠Âi╠Ân╠ ╠Ât╠Âh╠Âe╠ ╠Âb╠Âe╠Âg╠Âi╠Ân╠Ân╠Âi╠Ân╠Âg╠ ╠Âo╠Âf╠ ╠Âs╠Âu╠Âp╠Âe╠Âr╠ ╠Âw╠Âe╠Âr╠Âe╠ ╠Âa╠Ât╠Âl╠Âe╠Âa╠Âs╠Ât╠ ╠Âl╠Âo╠Âw╠ ╠Â2╠Âc╠Â

We have multiple Discussion Rules against things like these. One of which is to not create any DBS Content Revisions for the time being do to how numerous or worse redundant and overlapping they all are. Either comment on an already existing content revision board, preferably one where a staff member is the OP or politely ask a Knowledgable member on Dragon Ball in Message Wall.

I am a knowledgeable member on Dragon Ball. And this applies to not just DBS but DB in general so it is not against the rules. Also those "banned topics" are more like general guidelines to reduce large influxes of threads from new members on old topics who never participated in the older ones and do not know what was already discussed, if new info arises or changes in what is being accepted occurs, some are open for discussion.

Realistically I see this as an open shut case, and doubt anybody can prove it is not a separate time space. Only way it would not be accepted if it gets derailed and ignored. Which does unfortunately happen at times.

I would also like to ads this thread which further expands Ryus thread

https://vsbattles.com/vsbattles/1127170?useskin=oasis

Although this thread was posted by RM97, I collaborated with him to create it. I am "Raul Macedo" the one he credits at the end. The Macrocosm clearly has seperate continuums within it, not to mention not only does the Afterlife massively dwarf Heaven, a universe sized planet it contains, Goku states time doesnt even exist within it implying it is extra dimensional.

Another thing to addbis Supreme Kais realm is apart of Universe 7, yet is stated to exist entirely outside of the afterlife and livingbworld.

I mean, aren't the rules only there for unless new evidence comes up? You can't just close a thread without reviewing the points first. I understand that it's taxing and annoying to go over the same things ad nauseum, but isn't that what debating and searching for truth-- in fiction or not-- is about?

Controversial as it sounds, what if the rule is wrong this time?

Matthew. It may have been rejected as a topic in the past, but the arguments were not complete and derailed before. Please provide actual evidence that it is not a separate space time continuum, and not just your opinion or appeal to authority on past decisions.

It is clearly stated to have a different flow of time, be inaccessible with traditional flight due to being a separate space, and necessary to use teleportation. Also its size is not in question either. That should be ample supporting proof. It is even said other world is not part of and separate from living world, which we already accept living world as it's own universe space time.

Unless you have undeniable evidence that it is the same space time it is two separate ones.

Rikimarox2. As for pulling up my other comments made elsewhere, that's not relevant to the post so please stop trying to derail.

See, here is a nice concise explanation and discussion. Literally every previous thread about this was completely derailed which is why they were closed; it was nothing wrong with the actual discussion or topic. So saying this thread has been discussed before and rejected is just... false. It was rejected because the topic got heavily derailed to the point that it needed to be closed.

Onto the actual topic at hand, I... kind of have to support this. Being with Dragon Ball as a series for almost a decade now, I can't remember anything disagreeing with the OP's topic of discussion

@SSJRyu1 So your point is that the mortal realm and the afterlife are each universe sized space-time continuums, therefore the entire macrocosm is 2-C, since it's a collection of 2 universal space-times?

@RyuKama + Heaven ( universal sized realm) + Hell (universal sized realm) + Kaioshin Realm (alternate dimension 1/10th the size of the macrocosm) + Demon Realm (Alternate dimension in the mortal universe)

Here's the thing...

A single universe can be made of more than one dimension, and still be Low 2-C. Because ultimately, it's still one universe.

See Marvel, or Magi, where the universe has infinite layers of existence. So no, DB isn't being given special treatment because of it having two.

Thank you very much.

See, even if that was the case Matt, Beerus vs Goku's fight was threatening all of what's being discussed. If it's agreed upon that destroying an entire universe (Kai realm and all) then DB was never 3-A; they were Low 2-C.

Nope. Still just 3-A. We've been over it. If you wanna get into it being Low 2-C because of interpretation of "void", when in that it just means vacuum of space, it's just going to be rejected again.

Nope. Still 3-A. They would have destroyed one universe leaving space as an empty vacuum.

But SSJRyu will continually push his disproven highest-end interpretation over and over. It is no exaggeration to say that this is like the 10th thread asking for this.

Ok. But the space times are still separate. You agree with that? And no, I'm not asking for anything about the "upgrade" because if it's "void" that you're talking about, then you're right.

It is kinda weird semantics though, if they're able to bust a universe through space and time, but not count as low 2-C...? Eh.

@Amexim

Do you think every universe-buster in Marvel is 2-A. Of course not. This is what you are suggesting. Your entire idea is "Separate space-times = 2-C", which is idiotic. A space-time continuum can be subdided into parts, but ultimately just be one great thing. And dimensional walls can be broken with power in DB. Doesn't mean doing so is Tier 2.

They aren't. They are destroying the universe physically in the present, leaving an empty vacuum in its wake.

I think what SSJRyu1 is trying to say is that the U7 macrocosm is divided into 2 universes, the mortal universe and the afterlife. Each one is a universal space-time continuum. So there's one universe and all its own space-time, which would be Low 2-C, and another universal space-time continuum.

At least what I think he's getting at. I'm personally neutral to the subject.

Yeah I get it. I just think it's one universal sub-divided into two parts.

Time flows equally in the two, as does across the whole multiverse. That's a proven fact. The DB Universal space-times are part of a larger 2-C timeline.

7 years passed for Goku in Heaven while 7 years passed for everyone else on Earth. Time is different in Heaven because no one feels its passing, which gives them endless stamina.

Which is why Goku could do Super Saiyan Kaioken there in the anime.

Matthew Schroeder said:
Here's the thing...
A single universe can be made of more than one dimension, and still be Low 2-C. Because ultimately, it's still one universe.

See Marvel, or Magi, where the universe has infinite layers of existence. So no, DB isn't being given special treatment because of it having two.

Thank you very much.
So I'm just gonna drop the upper discussion cuz' that's technically derailing.

Problem with this is, what's the definition of a Universe?

Because in DB, the Mortal Realm is called it's own Universe and the realm of the dead is called another Universe as well; not merely another dimension. To add to this, there's plenty of evidence that they're also in fact different space-times altogether as shown above. Since, unlike Marvel or Magi, it's not a layer of existence or another dimension and instead explicitly called "Universe" or "Size of the Mortal Universe"

Edit: Also the Goku vs Beerus clash reached the entire universe; all of it with Kaioshin realm included. So if this is agreed upon, a lot of DBS would be flat out 2-C.

First off, calm down with that tone, because I literally tried my best to imply that i'm not even trying to get an upgrade from this to low 2-C. I just said I agreed with you on the merits of the whole "void" statement. I'm agreeing with you ffs.

All I did was note how interesting the fact that they can breech dimensions with different space-times, and ask you if you agreed with them being separate space-times. ******' rude. Can you, instead of assuming my intentions, calm down please? Because you're extra confrontational for no reason. And it seems like you're like this often, no offense.

"Because in DB, the Mortal Realm is called it's own Universe and the realm of the dead is called another Universe as well; not merely another dimension."

So? Both are part of the same thing, which is Universe 7. They're two halves f the same thing.

"To add to this, there's plenty of evidence that they're also in fact different space-times altogether as shown above."

Nope, debunked. There ain't. Just based on a few misinterpreted lines.

"Since, unlike Marvel or Magi, it's not a layer of existence or another dimension and instead explicitly called "Universe" or "Size of the Mortal Universe"

So arguing via size? Can we get 2-B DC universe because it is the size of over 10,000 of our universe? It doesn't matter if one half is the size of our universe and called universe. It and the Afterlife are halves of the complete universe, which people call "Macroverse" to try and hide the fact that it is just that: The universe.

It's literally never NOT controversial unless it's horribly obvious like "I became the Universe itself."

I honestly don't really have an opinion on the DB universe having just 1 time space, however, there's some more stuff.

"The World Beyond, a location also called the Heavenly Realm, can generally only be entered by dead people, and Kami."

"Ordinary lifeforms cannot freely travel from the Living World to the World Beyond. The only way to go is by turning into souls upon death. However, there are some who are given permission to travel by the Kami of the World Beyond, though they are few in number."

"Beings from the World Beyond or the Living World are not permitted to enter here. Without the highest level of Shunkan Idou ability, movement [to and from] is impossible."

"In the world of Dragon Ball, the universe is located beneath the World Beyond, and it is hermetically sealed by a barrier that is engraved with a strange design."

Here's a source if you need.

@Matt

Ok. Then, for the quote Goku said about Time Flowing differently, what does that mean. Because you said it's debunked, when I'm reading the literal opposite. I'm just clarifying.

The problem with that is that the realm we see is explicitly called "Mortal Universe" and the Kaio Realm is said to be "Comparable to the Mortal Universe in size" with no evidence of any alternate dimension or layer of reality. It's said to be Mortal Universe (Or realm sometimes) and is considered separate from the Kaio Realm.

Edit: I'm also pretty sure one big universal Space-Time can't have two universes that operate completely differently in terms of time in retrospect with eachother.

Well, we do give people 3-A for destroying A universe.

But, in this scenario, there would be two different Universes with different space time being affected at the same time, i dont think it would just be "a" universe.

I want to point out that the Daizenshuu's statement about heaven being as wide as the universe is made about the ANIME fillers, not the manga. As you can see clearly:

HeavenI
This information is based off of a filler episode where Videl tells Bulma she heard heaven was as wide as the universe. It isn't meant to complement the manga, but the anime.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back