• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DC Heralds mass page deletions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Emirp sumitpo

VS Battles
Thread Moderator
This is only for Herald level characters, characters in street tiers and such will not be included.

The title is kinda self explanatory. Basically, before I can get into the rescaling for the heralds, I might as well remove the fluff first. It shouldn't be a surprise that a lot of our DC pages are terrible. Many of them missing scans, lacking abilities and justifications, being very barebones, etc. And with the sheer amount we have, we obviously can't fix all of them, especially with how little members are willing to do so, so I propose we delete these bad pages, how the rules to this are:

- The character doesn't have any significant scaling relevance.

- Nobody has any interest in fixing the character.

For instance, Parallax has a terrible page, but considering he has significant scaling relevance, and has someone interest in fixing them (That being me), then his page can be kept. But if someone like Grail doesn't have much significant scaling relevance and no one (afaik) is interested in fixing her, then she can be deleted.

If anyone is interested in fixing any character on the list or anyone feel they have any profile to add, feel free to do so:

Last edited:
Well, I wouldn't mind if we keep Maxima and simply rework her page, and maybe Anarky as well, but except for that it seems fine to delete all of them.

Nix seems ok, what's the issue with 'em?
A lot of the justification seemed pretty lacking and outdated.

Also I've been requested on discord to remove some: That being Anarky and Weird. I can remove Ursa from the list as well.

So is someboby willing to work on Maxima as well?

Why should we delete these pages? You explained the criteria for deletion but didn't really offer a justification beyond the pages are funky, but that just means they should be reworked and have a [this page is under revision] tag.

Why should we delete these pages? You explained the criteria for deletion but didn't really offer a justification beyond the pages are funky, but that just means they should be reworked and have a [this page is under revision] tag.
Many of them missing scans, lacking abilities and justifications, being very barebones, etc. And with the sheer amount we have, we obviously can't fix all of them, especially with how little members are willing to do so,

'The page isn't good' isn't really a reason to nuke them from orbit. Unless they were bad to like, a level where they'd be reported, then this is just sort of...wrong?

I'll say this, I think the Miss Martian page is bad enough to qualify for the 'report' level, but anything that you wouldn't put in this shouldn't be deleted, period.

'The page isn't good' isn't really a reason to nuke them from orbit. Unless they were bad to like, a level where they'd be reported, then this is just sort of...wrong?

I'll say this, I think the Miss Martian page is bad enough to qualify for the 'report' level, but anything that you wouldn't put in this shouldn't be deleted, period.
Did you… miss the bolded part about people not being willing to fix them?

Did you… miss the bolded part about people not being willing to fix them?
No. I don't think a lack of will is a reason to delete a page either: do you think every single existing page on the wiki, or even half of them, are actively maintained? We delete pages by this metric:
...but anything that you wouldn't put in this shouldn't be deleted, period.
And this metric alone.

Again I said that some of these could be reported there and genuinely get deleted but otherwise no.

No. I don't think a lack of will is a reason to delete a page either: do you think every single existing page on the wiki, or even half of them, are actively maintained?
That’s not exactly a good thing. If a page is bad, irrelevant to the scaling, and nobody’s willing to fix it, there’s no reason to keep it around.

As Tracer said. I also explained this earlier.

For instance, Parallax has a terrible page, but considering he has significant scaling relevance, and has someone interest in fixing them (That being me), then his page can be kept. But if someone like Grail doesn't have much significant scaling relevance and no one (afaik) is interested in fixing her, then she can be deleted.

Most of the characters I mention have little relevance or people willing to fix them.

Is somebody here willing to improve on the Maxima and Anarky pages please? They were very distinctive and quite prominent characters.

Okay. Thank you for helping out. 🙏

Maxima should be quite easy to scale in any case, as she was supposed to be almost as powerful as Superman was in the early 1990s.

@Antvasima Do we archive pages before deletion in case they get reinstated again? This is related to the other current thread regarding Comic profile guidelines.

That may be a good idea, but it is rather easy to find the contents of deleted pages if somebody requests them.

Anyway, can we keep Maxima's page, given how easy she should be to scale?

I would still much prefer if we keep Maxima and Anarky, as they are prominent, distinctive, and rather easy to determine the statistics for.

Okay. Thank you. Is somebody willing to clean up Maxima's page please?

Y'know what? I'll work on Super-Man too; I'm still gathering things for Zod and Ursa. Should have those CRTS out soon.
Ok

Okay. Thank you. Is somebody willing to clean up Maxima's page please?
Nobody seems interested in doing so, and afaik, she's not even a really major character when it comes to scaling.

Can we get on with all the pages above? I feel this thread has gone on for long enough

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back