• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DCEU Superman upgrade.

So, I haven't seen anyone discussing this feat here yet. Apologize if it already was.

Anyway, in BVS, while Clark is going to fight Batman, he's attacked by some sonic cannons.

In a video of the Ultimate Edition Blu Ray, it's said that the volume of it is 300 decibels, and that Superman finds it mildly distracting.

Now, I'm pretty bad at calcs, buthere, I found out that 300 decibels is equal to 20 billion pasquals, that is equal to to 1294 tons per square inch. He took 2 of those head on without much trouble.

I don't know if it's enough to upgrade the tier, but shouldn't his lifting strenght be upgraded?

Well, somebody would have to calculate the feat first.

I am uncertain. It depends on the calculated results.

If I did the math correctly and assuming my sources are correct, the Decibels feat equates to roughly 4 Megatons, which I believe is Small City level+.

I believe the Tectonic feat was calculated at Country level on Spacebattles, but I don't have a link on me.

It would be useful if somebody could provide the calculation link for the Country level feat. In that case we might be able to upgrade DCEU Superman, and all of the characters scaled from him.

I don't know, but the decibels thingy seems like a ridiculous inconsistency/ outlier for those speakers since they didn't show anything close to that level of power in the movie.

Tectonic plates feat is most likely legit tho.

Decibels are a logarithmic unit of measure and frankly it's kinda doubtful that the people who inserted that "decibels" feat even know how to spell "logarithmic". So yeah, it's pretty doubtful that isn't an outlier

What about the tectonic plate feat? Isn't it kinda inconsistent with Superman only being able to tank a nuke and almost dying from tanking it? Also, what of the other feats mentioned on the Calculation Requests page?

Isn't he already Small City level because of the nuke though? And he took it while weakened. The writers knowing how decibel stuff works is doubtful, but it can be seen as consistent.

Jucaslucas said:
Isn't he already Small City level because of the nuke though? And he took it while weakened. The writers knowing how decibel stuff works is doubtful, but it can be seen as consistent.

The thing is, Decibels is a weird unit to work with. I read the specifics awhile back but mostly forgot them. Basically, Decibels don't stack linearly and instead are doubled per 3 (I think), so its really easy to state an inflated dB value. As others have said, its probably best to not count it.

The thing is, Decibels is a weird unit to work with. I read the specifics awhile back but mostly forgot them. Basically, Decibels don't stack linearly and instead are doubled per 3 (I think), so its really easy to state an inflated dB value. As others have said, its probably best to not count it.

They are a base 10 logarithmic quantity that expresses the difference between a certain value and a certain "baseline" value. Specifically, the number of decibels is $ \log_{10} P \times 10 $, where P is the ratio of two power quantities.

So yeah, it's extremely doubtful the filmmakers had any idea about this.

Anyway, since we've roundly debunked this dB nonsense, shall we go on to the country level stuff? It seems like quite a severe outlier, considering the nuke thingy and all.

We should probably focus on the continental plate moving, yes.

Back