• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle Hypothesis: Cole MacGrath VS Alex Mercer

88173EED-8A2F-4B55-945C-AE3E065549B1
A little fun and games hypothesis thread for a future Death Battle episode. If a future Death Battle episode would consist of Cole MacGrath from InFAMOUS and Alex Mercer from Prototype (which I have been hoping they'd do for a while), who do you think would win, or more accurately, what do you think DB's verdict would be? Disregarding the stats on this wiki, of course.

They'd probably just say Cole's electricity would allow him to completely screw Alex over and GG

I just hope it's somewhat accurate like with Mitsuru vs Weiss of Ganon vs Dracula.

Like they acknowledge the fact that Cole feats, when calculated, are WAY above any of Alex's.

For example, I believe without a shadow of a doubt they will count Cole dodging Kessler's lightning as a speed feat, and that alone puts him far above Alex.

They'll also use one of their most notable feats for their standings. I don't know what they'll use for Alex, but I think they might use the Ray Sphere Explosion (though it'll probably be like Town level or something), the giant lightning pillar from the comics during the David fight (they'll probably put it at high-end kiloton to low-end megaton, which wouldn't be all that inaccurate), The Beast destroying cities and tanking a nuke, and they'll possibly calculate one of The Beast's blasts from the beginning or the Evil Ending (that'll get Country level or something)

Well in the actual battle we had here alex ended up outliving cole for the win. Seeing as death battle won't have that and will no doubt miss many things from both sides...

It really depends on how they use the feats, how much empathizes will they put on the game mechanics? Where will they pull there calcs from? Ect ect. Another large portion will be if they consider cole immune to blacklight infection/absorption, they might not equalize Coles immunity to ray sphere plague.

As others have stated another factor will be how they take the severity of alex weakness to electricity. This fight will come down to how they take and interpret certain feats and how much focus they have on the game-play.

overall i feel Cole will win but death battle can be inconsistent with there methodology at times so... shrug

edit if nothing else we should get some awesome animation so hope it happens.

Ummm did you mean regen gets wanked a ton on the series? Or are you trying to state it will be wanked after? Or something else entirely? Apologies as I don't intend to be rude but i cant quite tell what your statement is meant to be...

@The pen or the sword

My favorite one is when they treat FTL Jojo with a ridiculous amount of skepticism, but just today they instantly accepted Beamos beams from Zelda being light speed based on it being called a "laser" and nothing else.

Also they tried to use violent fragmentation for Ganon's castle feat, but mixed the value up with pulverization.

The pen or the sword said:
Ummm did you mean regen gets wanked a ton on the series? Or are you trying to state it will be wanked after? Or something else entirely? Apologies as I don't intend to be rude but i cant quite tell what your statement is meant to be...
It's wanked in Death Battke

******* Dante vs Bayo

Hey! That's the death battle guarantee! They will gather several relevant feats then misconstrue/examine them to different levels with wild abandoned to suit there needs/taste. If there's any consistency to them its there inconsistency when it comes to judging characters and calcs:p

I don't think they'll wank it for Alex though. They'll probably say "he would've died without the crow in the Prototype 1 ending" and use his death at Heller's hands as justification for his regen being limited to his biomass.

@Schnee

Tbf, Death Battle has changed a lot since then. I especially noticed that they have tried to take a more VSB Wiki approach to fights with calculation and whatnot. Granted, those calcs are wrong most of the time, but still.

Like, I'm legitimately surprised Carnage lost his fight, since they used to be notorious for wanking comicbook characters when they fought non-comic characters.

I mean, even still, regen is the only thing I can see them legitimately bringing up. Since unlike Cole, Alex has almost no notable feats (that are worth calculating) other than destroying tanks and helicopters, which is only building level. And them calcing the military base feat will probably only be building or large building based on the methods they use (however, to their credit, the calculation method for the feat we use here is super easy to miss).

Similarly, some of the feats for Cole are easy to miss or overlook as well. The ones they'll probably bring up are the Ray Sphere Blast, Cole's Lightning Storm, The Beast tanking a nuke, and maybe one of The Beast's blasts. And they probably won'y give those feats the same results we have here.

I always thought they'd go for alex vs carnage honestly, it'd have been a very thematic fight. Saying maybe they didn't want the cole vs alex spam it would bring?

I once had a convo about alex getting a symbiote and I still maintain it would be an incredibly lackluster symbosis for both alex and carnage.

He could resist Sasha's Tar, which could induce seizures with the slightest contact, and spread the Ray Field Plague (even to Conduits IIRC), and it could affect the entire city at once as well. He also withstood either poison or nerve gas with ease when the Vermaak attempted to gas him.

his resistance to the ray sphere plague protects him

though to this day i still sorta don't agree with it as the plague specifically only affected by non conduits and wasn't really functioning like a traditional virus iirc.
I don't quite get what your saying for this second part

Nothing I just never really understood how potent the ray sphere plague was. i don't quite remember what it did that was so impressive. been a long time.

That really begs the question as to what Disease and Biological Manipulation potency is determined by? Which is more potent, city scale D&B Manipulation or molecular level D&B Manipulation?

Because, like, there is no mention of molecular level anything on the Biological Manipulation page.

without statements its probably molecular level cause at that point the virus is literally doing something impossible with traditional viruses, changing the molecular structure of things it infects while the second plauge could realistically exist, being resistant to cdc efforts isn't exactly impossible. (Plus both blacklight and redlight contaminated the entirety of new york and manhatten)

Nothing I just never really understood how potent the ray sphere plague was. i don't quite remember what it did that was so impressive. been a long time.
It's a radiation plague, not much different from a real life radiation plague.

Also, the Tar could also melt bodies into the mush and mutate people into zombies, which makes it incredibly similar to the Blacklight Virus.

Yeah but blacklight does it at a molecular level and you don't survive touching something made of blacklight/redlight also pretty sure blacklight works a lot faster (wern't people drinking water with the tar and only getting sick? didn't several of them survive with help from cole?)... more i think about more i wonder why cole resisted infection, absorption I sorta get cause his resistance there is from some ridiculous stuff but his actual bio manip and disease resistant feats don't seem near as potent.

Bio manip and disease manip pages don't mention molecular levels because its fictional nonsense and more importantly very rare fictional nonsense. Outside of blacklight few series have diseases that somehow say F science and screw with molecular structures...

Anyway, on the topic of feats, it's probably too much to ask for them make Cole lightspeed or relativistic from the RFI beams, unless they somehow try to scale him to Second Son's neon and video. So Cole's best speed feat is probably going to be doding lightning.

Basically, these are the statistics I'm thinking they'll give them.

Cole

Attack Potency and Durability: Town - Small City level (Ray Sphere Blast, Lightning Storm, Beast Nuke, Beast Blast)

Speed: Massively Hypersonic (Dodging Kessler's lightning)

Alex

Attack Potency and Durability: Large Building - City Block level (Military Base Explosion)

Speed: Hypersonic (Dodging Sniper Bullet)

I sorta want to see cole cut off alex head and be super confident only to turn and find alex regrowing his head. Maybe have some cocky quip about him not dying so easy, cole groaning in annoyance that this would be another long one.

Back