• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Battle REMATCH (Mario vs Sonic the Hedgehog)

Welp guys, we are in the middle of the war, so before starting let's drink some tea shall we?
57696bf9dd089503088b4a46

Wouldya swap to Modern Super Sonic? Classic can’t really do anything against Fate Manipulation

Ye, it’d be an actual match instead of “Fate hax gg”, not sure why the less versatile Sonic was specifically used

Wouldya swap to Modern Super Sonic? Classic can’t really do anything against Fate Manipulation
Main thing, the other Sonic has a buttload of resistances that Mario wouldn't be able to bypass on his own including fate hax so I don't see how that would be fair thingy. Along with this Mario is at a clear AP disadvantage for a one-shot and he can't hurt Super Sonic physically due to invulnerability shenanigans so.

Even though I'm not expert on how Mario's fate hax is actually applicated in combat aside from the fact that his profile specifies incapacitation methods to prevent the outside effects of it.

Doesn't Mario's fatehax require Peach to exist? Since iirc his fatehax is that he could always save Peach, but Peach can't exist in this fight because it'd be outside help for Mario
Psoru8u.png

well you are kinda right in a sense. but the fate hax does not need peach to exist. but it does not stop him from getting incaped or knocked out.

So I guess this battle (Classic Sonic vs Mario) can be determined if we see what the extent of Mario's fate hax is, since its stated that despite his fate hax, he can b incapacitated or knocked out, which is Standard Battle Assumptions

So does the fate hax active? Or does it simply just prevent him from being killed?
So I asked someone on discord, apparently, Mario being killed would prevent him from protecting Peach, so the fate hax would prevent that. But being knocked out or incapacitated only delays his inevitable rescue of Peach.

So I asked someone on discord, apparently, Mario being killed would prevent him from protecting Peach, so the fate hax would prevent that. But being knocked out or incapacitated only delays his inevitable rescue of Peach.
Classic Sonic can just knock out Mario, or use something like Ring Time to turn him into a ring, which technically doesn't count as killing according to the wiki

Mario's fatehax doesn't prevent incap, so Sonic can definitely use that to incap. Besides, Sonic can still just knock mario out
If Mario is turned into a ring forever then that would get in the way of him saving Peach and the fate hax would kick in. He can't move or do anything as a ring. Sonic KOing Mario is still an option though.

gotta ask, what can mario do to outhax sonic in this situation? Someone please give me examples of what Mario can do and what can classic resist and also do hax wise

I could be wrong about this but wouldn't Ring Time count as perma incap and thus it would be prevented by Mario's fate hax?
Mario have been transformed into a mushroom and have items that have immunity over them in Super Maeio RPG. Also in that game he have Toonforce. (Morph into characters. Float in the air, etc) it small but worth noting

Mario have been transformed into a mushroom and have items that have immunity over them in Super Maeio RPG. Also in that game he have Toonforce. (Morph into characters. Float in the air, etc) it small but worth noting
I think the mario RPG version of him is different than the one we're talking about but I dunno. Either way Sonic still has more raw power over him so..

Back