• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Thought owl house was decent from what I heard
No, it's bad. Sure Steven Universe is a cluttered mess filled with to much filler episodes, sure Star vs accidentally was a metaphor for the holocaust and was positive about it but but Owl house is just bad, like staggeringly bad. It feels like someone was tasked to write a parody of the isiki genre and shitty modern western female "not like other girls owo" shit but then all the edgyness and or other forms of degeneracy cut out and we're left with it's husk. It's just bad.

The episodes of DB I want tbh I'm very sure they're would be or I'm very sure they're wouldn't be.
From this season I'm expecting:
1. Obviously DC and Marvel.
2. Anime.
3. Dio vs Alucard.
4. Some junk food mascot battle(Kool aid man, Pepsi man, Cereal mascots(particularu Kellogs mascots or Quicky), Chester etc.).
5. At least one fighting game battle.
6. At least one platformer battle.
7. JRPG is already here(Cloud and Mickey).
8. SU vs SB or Someone from SU against someone from other verse.
9. Coul vs Alex
10. Possibly shooter character.
11. Possibly Pokemon character.
12. And something for Halloween. Creepy creatures or Maniacs.

No, it's bad. Sure Steven Universe is a cluttered mess filled with to much filler episodes, sure Star vs accidentally was a metaphor for the holocaust and was positive about it but but Owl house is just bad, like staggeringly bad. It feels like someone was tasked to write a parody of the isiki genre and shitty modern western female "not like other girls owo" shit but then all the edgyness and or other forms of degeneracy cut out and we're left with it's husk. It's just bad.
Ok. The Owl House was actually meant to be a horror show. Probrlem that the creator jad was the fact that Disney was very hands on in the first Season.

It's the basic for many Disney Animated Shows: they take place around background characters that we see rarely, the main characters go to school, and the plot overall seems to be going nowhere. But once ot heads to the next season, the creators are allowed to be more story driven.

They did this with Gravity Falls, Big City Greens, Amphibia. The Owl House is doing the same thing just be patient. As for Luz, just be patient with her.
No the poblem was it lacked focus and became a tangled mess, more time wouldn't have help. They lacked focus and more time would have just made it worse. What was needed was them to make a plan and make the show more focuse and get rid of terrible ideas. Maybe stop having so many townie episodes, make the show focus on other character aside from just Steven, maybe make Connie an actual character an not an excuse for filler to pad the show. What I'm a saying is the shows a rough draft, a good rough draft but still should have been double check a few more times/

Anything past Toffie's death was objectively dogshit, from what I remember it was also planned to have ended there but was given more time, more proof that given something more time isn't objectively a good thing.
Rebecca actually had a plan make it story driven but Cartoon Network said otherwise.

You want to know more, look here because there's more to that no one is paying attention.

As for Star, it should've ended earlier to keep fans from being dissapointed.

Last edited:
Ok. The Owl House was actually meant to be a horror show. Probrlem that the creator jad was the fact that Disney was very hands on in the first Season.
Which is another reason why Owl House is terrible, for a horror show it's horror elements are terrible, for the most part the scenes are to well-lit and the monster have goofy white eyes that make it feel less scary then Amphibia which isn't even a horror show. And I get it, the show was bastardized abomination created by too much executive meddling to the point that the original image is nearly unrecognizable and the idea of an depressed teen getting isikied by truck kun to basically hell and is forced into servitude to a witch to get home was turned into a little witch rip off where the main character is putting herself in mortal danger for very shallow reasons and doesn’t spend any time with the witch mentor which was the whole point of the show.
It's the basic for many Disney Animated Shows: they take place around background characters that we see rarely, the main characters go to school, and the plot overall seems to be going nowhere. But once ot heads to the next season, the creators are allowed to be more story driven. They did this with Gravity Falls, Big City Greens, Amphibia. The Owl House is doing the same thing just be patient. As for Luz, just be patient with her.
The problem is that the first season didn’t set up anything of worth unlike the other shows you listed. GF used its first season for character development and to develop the town, Amphibia did basically the same thing, and (I never watched BCG so I have no comments so) Star did that too so I’m just gonna say that. The first season is meant to develop the world and relationship between the main cast. The fact that Owl House has even done the basics shows how down shit creek they are, season 2 is built on the foundation of the first, sure most aren’t the best but you at least need a starting point, a point that allows you to get a feel on what the shows like and what to expect.
Rebecca actually had a plan make it episodic.
Which is fine, but then she shouldn't have made have an overarching story. Either make the show an episodic format or make it story driven, they shouldn't do both. I like KND, FoP, Spongbob, Grimm Adventure and a bunch of other episodic cartoons from the 90-00 era. I like alot of story driven anime. But I wouldn't do both at the same time. If you want episodic slice of life show where nothing really matters ok, if you want a space opra about space nazis go for it and if you want to tranpher from one to another that's fine too but you can't do both. You can't have your cake and eat it to.
As for Star, it should've ended earlier to keep fans from being dissapointed.
I know, I was a fan up to that point, it makes me sad honestly.

Which is another reason why Owl House is terrible, for a horror show it's horror elements are terrible, for the most part the scenes are to well-lit and the monster have goofy white eyes that make it feel less scary then Amphibia which isn't even a horror show. And I get it, the show was bastardized abomination created by too much executive meddling to the point that the original image is nearly unrecognizable and the idea of an depressed teen getting isikied by truck kun to basically hell and is forced into servitude to a witch to get home was turned into a little witch rip off where the main character is putting herself in mortal danger for very shallow reasons and doesn’t spend any time with the witch mentor which was the whole point of the show.
Hey, the designs seem fine to me, while it's horror, it's also meant to be comedic so perhaps the creator wanted to strike a balance. I think she succeeded imo. I think instead of looking at it each season being a horror comedy, we should look at the first season developing the building block for what's going to happen next in a somewhat comedic atmosphere before getting serious.

I don't know about you but I enjoyed the first, the pacing was decent, the characters interested me, Luz's story makes sense (even though I understand what you mean by the "the weird girl going to a new world" trope seems to be overused) but the story makes up for it by showing that even in a magical world, Luz's expectations aren't met. Eda seems cool.

The problem is that the first season didn’t set up anything of worth unlike the other shows you listed. GF used its first season for character development and to develop the town, Amphibia did basically the same thing, and (I never watched BCG so I have no comments so) Star did that too so I’m just gonna say that. The first season is meant to develop the world and relationship between the main cast. The fact that Owl House has even done the basics shows how down shit creek they are, season 2 is built on the foundation of the first, sure most aren’t the best but you at least need a starting point, a point that allows you to get a feel on what the shows like and what to expect.
I think it did set the foundation. All we need to know now is how Luz and the Clawthornes going deal with being on the outside of the law, the mystery of the Titans (Not AOT), Luz's proficiency in glyphs, Emperor Belos' origin and plans to go the human world.

Which is fine, but then she shouldn't have made have an overarching story. Either make the show an episodic format or make it story driven, they shouldn't do both. I like KND, FoP, Spongbob, Grimm Adventure and a bunch of other episodic cartoons from the 90-00 era. I like alot of story driven anime. But I wouldn't do both at the same time. If you want episodic slice of life show where nothing really matters ok, if you want a space opra about space nazis go for it and if you want to tranpher from one to another that's fine too but you can't do both. You can't have your cake and eat it to.
Actually, I meant to say that she wanted the episodes story driven. The problem isn't the fact the scheduling was messed up for the overarching episodes and the standalone episodes.

I know, I was a fan up to that point, it makes me sad honestly.
Still kinda am a fan.

Last edited:
Hey, the designs seem fine to me, while it's horror, it's also meant to be comedic so perhaps the creator wanted to strike a balance. I think she succeeded imo. I think instead of looking at it each season being a horror comedy, we should look at the first season developing the building block for what's going to happen next in a somewhat comedic atmosphere before getting serious.
Maybe it's because I've been watching anime since I was like 8 but to me the autmoshpere is like a haunted house with it's light on, which just ruins the world building in general, it's fine if they are just tipping it's toes in but if you being out class by a non horror show in actually spooky shit that's just sad. Also this feels like moving the goalposts at this point.
I don't know about you but I enjoyed the first, the pacing was decent
I'm gonna stop you right there, there is no world where you can tell me that what they did to Amity was ok, you can't go from alpha bitch bully to spill spegettin in 4 episodes. Also most episodes are better suited for a 10 minute formate but are 20 for some reason and it makes it feels like the show is dragging.
the characters interested me
I mean some of them are good, then theres stuff like Gus who is just there to check a deversity quota.
Luz's story makes sense (even though I understand what you mean by the "the weird girl going to a new world" trope seems to be overused) but the story makes up for it by showing that even in a magical world, Luz's expectations aren't met.
But I can't give a shit because she can leave at any time in the first season, Eda can just open a portal to earth. There are litterally no real stakes because she has a FTSIO button and doesn't have to risk her life if she really wanted to. You wanna know why most Isikis have the character trappen in the new demsion? Because it's hard to sypathize with a character who is putting themself in harms way for no good reason aside from "because I want to", I mean it can be done but pritty hard and rare. If Luz wanted to go home on top of wanter to become a witch for fun and maybe to prove someone wrong or whatever, now I'd actually care. A trampeeze act only gets intresting when they take away the net.
Eda seems cool.
Ryoko is best girl after all
I think it did set the foundation. All we need to know now is how Luz and the Clawthornes going deal with being on the outside of the law, the mystery of the Titans (Not AOT), Luz's proficiency in glyphs, Emperor Belos' origin and plans to go the human world.
That stuff is fine and all but you need to develop the character relationship first the plot can wait.
Actually, I meant to say that she wantef the story driven. The problem isn't the fact the scheduling was messed up for the overarching episodes and the standalone episodes.
Then why did the story feel like it was getting written episode by episode, they need a plan
Still kinda am a fan.
I only enjoy that part of the show ironically, still can't believe they made genocide a good thing.

New match i got in my mind after some time on youtube

Kage (Street Fighter) vs Omen (Killer Instinct)

Literal dark manifestations of the protagonists evil power inside them, which they have struggled with and as well as eventually getting rid of them for good

Uhhh can you explain as someone who only watched the first season?
To save a couple dozen monsters Star desides that the best course of action is to destroyed all magic in the multiverse, not only killing a countless number of magical sentient creatures but also causing the collapse of the whole dimensional structure at the same time merging earth with mewnie which would not end well. This is treated as a heroic sacriffc although being absolutely evil and for the most part pointless.

1c5.jpeg

Maybe it's because I've been watching anime since I was like 8 but to me the autmoshpere is like a haunted house with it's light on
Ooooooh, that makes sense. I was watching anime from a young age too but I was knee deep in cartoons. Maybe that's why are perceptions on cartoons are different.
which just ruins the world building in general, it's fine if they are just tipping it's toes in but if you being out class by a non horror show in actually spooky shit that's just sad. Also this feels like moving the goalposts at this point.
Hey, hey, Amphibia tries to be adventurous. Still, I'm willing to wait and see how TOH goes from here.
I'm gonna stop you right there, there is no world where you can tell me that what they did to Amity was ok, you can't go from alpha bitch bully to spill spegettin in 4 episodes. Also most episodes are better suited for a 10 minute formate but are 20 for some reason and it makes it feels like the show is dragging.
I don think Amity was meant to be the bully. Unlike with Boscha, Amity apologized to Luz and her friends for her behavior and stood up for them against...sorta. Actually, I think the episode format is fine. It's trying to show enough to make you think what's going to happen next while also not show much at all imo.

I mean some of them are good, then theres stuff like Gus who is just there to check a deversity quota.
.....That's kinda unfair to call. Gus could've been the token black kid but he stands out.

But I can't give a shit because she can leave at any time in the first season, Eda can just open a portal to earth. There are litterally no real stakes because she has a FTSIO button and doesn't have to risk her life if she really wanted to. You wanna know why most Isikis have the character trappen in the new demsion? Because it's hard to sypathize with a character who is putting themself in harms way for no good reason aside from "because I want to", I mean it can be done but pritty hard and rare. If Luz wanted to go home on top of wanter to become a witch for fun and maybe to prove someone wrong or whatever, now I'd actually care. A trampeeze act only gets intresting when they take away the net.
You do realized that she lost her chance to go home, right? Not to be rude, but Luz developed a friendship with Eda and King, she wasn't going to leave them hanging when the former was captured. She wants to become a witch first and I get what you're saying about her leaving but lemme ask you this: if you were a child and had the opportunity to explore a world that you've dreamed about would want to leave at the first chance?

Luz is a child with her fantastic ideas and crazy expectations. She does want to go home but at the same time she has desires. It's not like with Anne when she was thrust into the world of Amphibia by chance and has to find a way to get back home. Luz wants to stay so she can prove everyone wrong, that "I'm a weird girl and I can be myself without the world judging me", it's the first season. Let's see what happens.
Ryoko is best girl after all
True, but she's second behind Erza in my view.
That stuff is fine and all but you need to develop the character relationship first the plot can wait.
They kinda did with Luz and her friends and Eda.

Then why did the story feel like it was getting written episode by episode, they need a plan
They do have a plan. It's just that some want the the story thrown at them the first chance they get so they can know what to expect but me, I'm patient. I know how to play the waiting game when comes to shows like these.

I only enjoy that part of the show ironically, still can't believe they made genocide a good thing.
I have a headcanon that magic isn't gone. Rather it'll get reincarnated, so we can see the magical creatures return at some point. And tbh, I didn't like MHC

I have to agree that mostly seems like a hax thing. Also the Damage part does not count, Ivy was explicitly said to have been amped by the Green in a bid to replace Swamp Thing with her! It was used as an explanation for how Ivy was able to mind control the entire world in that one King's Batman arc. ALSO AT LEAST ONE OF THOSE TIMES WHERRE SHE CONTROLLED SUPERMAN WAS BECAUSE SHE LACED HER POLLEN WITH KRYPTONITE AND EVEN THEN HE STILL RESISTED ENOUGH TO NOT MURDER BATMAN AND CATWOMAN. PEOPLE PLEASE STOP USING THAT AS AN EXAMPLE, IT IS NOT A GOOD SHOWING OF WHAT IVY CAN DO!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back