• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm fine with the outcome but could see it going either way. If Wanda's mental instability is as bad as DB made it out to be I can see Zatanna winning.
it's not even remotely as bad as they made it out to be, especially since she only really went crazy during Avengers Disassembled and House of M, where it wasn't just her powers, but like SEVERAL terrible things happening to her that caused her to snap, since then she has basically been entirely normal even when going all out, and considering she can just straight up absorb and consume people even stronger than herself (ala when she absorbed Chthon and became the new god of chaos) she really should have had this. It's close but they skewed a LOT of stuff in Zatanna's favour and was very cherry picky.

I do think SW should have won, close as it may be, and I think they made her weakness more exploitable than it seems to be Plus Zatanna's main weakness being totally retconned is just something that doesn't sit well with me from a writing standpoint

But the giant monkey man vs the strongman is more interesting so let's talk about that and how Sun Wukong can somersault Herc to the edge of the universe and leave him there for dead.

I do think SW should have won, close as it may be, and I think they made her weakness more exploitable than it seems to be Plus Zatanna's main weakness being totally retconned is just something that doesn't sit well with me from a writing standpoint

But the giant monkey man vs the strongman is more interesting so let's talk about that and how Sun Wukong can somersault Herc to the edge of the universe and leave him there for dead.
Is that a Battle Tendency reference?

Also, Wukong could just throw Heracles directly into Hell.

How many times Death Battle has a narrator (a third party narrator even) for the simulated fight itself?

Last edited:
Is that a Battle Tendency reference?

Also, Wukong could just throw Heracles directly into Hell.

How many times Death Battle has a narrator (a third party narrator even) for the simulated fight itself?
I think it's literally only this and the Seven Battle Royale, technically the Death Race episodes too but I don't know if those necessarily count fully.

biggest concern seems to be the narrator, most seem to like the idea, but some fear the narrator will ruin the pacing
The narrative thing is some seasoning that produces good effects only when used to the right matchups. Like soy sauce with wasabi that taste good if and only if served with sushi and sashimi.

It was fun, but it wasn't good. Plus, it was part of what was overworking the hell out of the DB staff.
Imagine everything (like at least 4 contestants) in 3D but flopped in views even when compared to DBX matchups (I love Lucario + Butterfree vs Blaziken + Weavile + Nidoking + Serena and Palpatine vs Xehanort and to compare they have bombarding successes).

Speaking of which, Pokémon and Star Wars matches actually do decent views. Oh Goro vs Machamp is doing fairly well despite having the same weaknesses as Omni-Man vs Homelander. And Obi-Wan vs Kakashi is gold.

Pro:
Monkey and Herc's voice are good. While I prefer the voice similar to 1986 television series, that voice is really not good to read English.
Story-telling style.
OST seems good.
Monkey's personality is well-portrayed.

Con:
Monkey is with the infamous rod around his head, but it is just my personal preference.

Also, the funny thing is that Sun Wukong seemingly takes the Golden Apple before Herc could take it.

Last edited:
Pro:
Monkey and Herc's voice are good. While I prefer the voice similar to 1986 television series, that voice is really not good to read English.
Story-telling style.
OST seems good.

Con:
Monkey is with the infamous rod around his head, but it is just my personal preference.

Also, the funny thing is that Sun Wukong seemingly takes the Golden Apple before Herc could take it.
Monkey and Herc's voice are good.
Yes
story-telling style
The "story-telling style" is good, and again, something specific to this fight or upon this genre of characters.
OST seems good.
Agreed.

Also worth noting: Herc is presented to be slightly smarter in the fight than generally perceived.

Monkey is with the infamous rod around his head
Oh that headband is the control device made by Gautama and given to put on the head of Wukong. It could inflict pain on Wukong through a specific spell only Gautama and Tang Sanzong knew. That is so iconic to Wukong the crew could not miss it.
Oh that means the crew uses sealed Wukong (or even think sealed Wukong can mop Herc). Understandable since sealed Wukong is the most notable form of Sun Wukong.
May change to Battle Buddha Wukong who knows.
How likely is Gwen Tennyson (Ben 10) vs Atom Eve (Invincible)?
More feasible and attractive now than before since the crew knew that Invincible is a gold egg laying goose. And Ben 10 fans sure want more representatives, esp. those likely to win. Vilgax vs Ridley when.

But I wonder if anyone would reject it being discount Wanda vs discount Zee.

Last edited:
How likely is Gwen Tennyson (Ben 10) vs Atom Eve (Invincible)?
Not sure, but Invincible is still fresh on people's mind and Ben 10 characters are decently requested so there's a chance. Though Raven from DC's Teen Titans might compete this MU due to Raven and Gwen being paired up before, around longer like the mid-2000s ish. And Mark might be the more likely 2nd rep for Invincible.

Its also been less than 2 days. Thor for example didnt even get 200k at all. Vegeta got 260k, but this might be on projection to beat it.

If we can have hopium, this might just be 2nd best viewed of this half at this rate.

Also OmniLander is 4.8 mil, double that of 2nd best Thor vs Vegeta 2.4 mil. Those wayback machines also indicate that this is a mega hit thats on trajectory to be better than Thanos vs Darkseid. What the hell is that level of success lol

Not sure, but Invincible is still fresh on people's mind and Ben 10 characters are decently requested so there's a chance. Though Raven from DC's Teen Titans might compete this MU due to Raven and Gwen being paired up before, around longer like the mid-2000s ish. And Mark might be the more likely 2nd rep for Invincible.
Raven has Jean Gray and Raven only been paired with a young Gwen for crossover stuff barely vs shit

@Jasonsith
Hey, I made a little thumbnail for your MU, sorry if its a bit cruddy and I missed something, I made it while I was a bit tired

TN huh? Thanks for the time.
And serious, thanks for the effort.

But why Raven coming back against Gwen Tennyson or Atom Eve when we have Jean Grey vs Rachel Roth? (And before Phoenix Ikki is brought up Ikki also has Fujiwara no Mokou)

Raven has Jean Gray and Raven only been paired with a young Gwen for crossover stuff barely vs shit
Yeah.

So blursed

Its also been less than 2 days. Thor for example didnt even get 200k at all. Vegeta got 260k, but this might be on projection to beat it.

If we can have hopium, this might just be 2nd best viewed of this half at this rate.

Also OmniLander is 4.8 mil, double that of 2nd best Thor vs Vegeta 2.4 mil. Those wayback machines also indicate that this is a mega hit thats on trajectory to be better than Thanos vs Darkseid. What the hell is that level of success lol
Spiteful matchups are more welcome than expected. (Kind of back supports Rey vs Korra over Storm vs Korra)

But make sure to differentiate spiteful matchups from stompy matchups.

While I believe Omnilander was decent (beginning and ending hard carried it) to net this level of success nearing 5mil already is crazy
The boys latest season must've helped added more views

Recently found about this MU and ngl i like the sound of it
guilty_wrath.png

Sol Badguy vs Asura (Guilty Gear vs Asura's Wrath)
Connections:
Red-Clad brash video game protagonists who were forcefully turned into people with god-like power, which was the result of an experiment that tried to make a new race of humans that were originally meant to advance the technology on earth (Gears and Demigods respectively), but were eventually meant to do something entirely different, as Gears were originally meant to advance the world to a new age of technology, which was replaced with magic for the environment, but were eventually mass-produced as weapons of war, and Demigods used to be humans that were granted the ability to use Mantra, after which the technology in their homes to become greatly advanced when compared to the rest of mankind. Both were betrayed by their colleagues, which combined with the death of their wife and disappearance of their daughter, made them rather brash and rude, but despite their outlook, are some of the most caring individuals in their franchise, as both are very careful not to accidentally destroy the entire planet with their IMMENSE power, and try to take care of those they care about, including their blue-clad eternal holy rival who bear great animosity for their supposed betrayal (even though they left them because they realized the corruption of the group they were part of. Both were former members of orders that thrived to protect the peace in their world against those that seek to destroy it and researched highly destructive creatures to weaponize them, but eventually left said group after their betrayal, and since then fought against the forces of evil ever since. Both mainly fight with their fists amplified by latent energy granted to them by the main antagonist, and seems to be pyrokinetic in properties, though isn't natural fire despite it's showings, and Sol's fire is actually magic and Asura's is actually Mantra (which also altered their physique to grant them superhuman strength, speed, durability, regeneration, etc.) and while seemingly rough and unrefined, are actually quite the combat genius, and have yet to show their utmost limit of power in combat, pretty much making them the god tier in their universe, and grow more powerful the more serious/angered they get.

Recently found about this MU and ngl i like the sound of it
guilty_wrath.png

Sol Badguy vs Asura (Guilty Gear vs Asura's Wrath)
Connections:
Red-Clad brash video game protagonists who were forcefully turned into people with god-like power, which was the result of an experiment that tried to make a new race of humans that were originally meant to advance the technology on earth (Gears and Demigods respectively), but were eventually meant to do something entirely different, as Gears were originally meant to advance the world to a new age of technology, which was replaced with magic for the environment, but were eventually mass-produced as weapons of war, and Demigods used to be humans that were granted the ability to use Mantra, after which the technology in their homes to become greatly advanced when compared to the rest of mankind. Both were betrayed by their colleagues, which combined with the death of their wife and disappearance of their daughter, made them rather brash and rude, but despite their outlook, are some of the most caring individuals in their franchise, as both are very careful not to accidentally destroy the entire planet with their IMMENSE power, and try to take care of those they care about, including their blue-clad eternal holy rival who bear great animosity for their supposed betrayal (even though they left them because they realized the corruption of the group they were part of. Both were former members of orders that thrived to protect the peace in their world against those that seek to destroy it and researched highly destructive creatures to weaponize them, but eventually left said group after their betrayal, and since then fought against the forces of evil ever since. Both mainly fight with their fists amplified by latent energy granted to them by the main antagonist, and seems to be pyrokinetic in properties, though isn't natural fire despite it's showings, and Sol's fire is actually magic and Asura's is actually Mantra (which also altered their physique to grant them superhuman strength, speed, durability, regeneration, etc.) and while seemingly rough and unrefined, are actually quite the combat genius, and have yet to show their utmost limit of power in combat, pretty much making them the god tier in their universe, and grow more powerful the more serious/angered they get.
Ya know this reminds me of a discussion in a server where peeps will add so many meaningless connections instead of just simplifying or just get to the main points

Didn't they say Raven loses to Jean?
Raven already fought her best and they shit the bed with it.
The best opponents for Raven (Rachel Roth) are Twilight Sparkle and Jean Grey.
Raven vs Twilight Sparkle happened in Season 5.
Ben Singer used to think Jean Grey will beat Rachel Roth handily without a question (or eventually whatever) but Scarlet Witch vs Zatanna may say that this needs a revisit.
Oh he also said something like Zatanna and Raven are the typical choices for being pit against Jean Grey and Scarlet Witch.

Which weird characters of Star Wars did the hosts pick?

consistency was never their strong point
anyways im curious

so this season we had
1 HD Fight
1 3D Blender
5 Sprites fights

which makes me wonder if the inhouse team is still gutted so far?
Well we know that Herkong is the last sprite fight of the first half so who knows what style the next two will be in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back