• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Robot ninjas who were once child soldiers who also fight against very thinly-veiled political metaphors. I'm sure there are more, just can't think of any rn.
Not as good as GV, and honestly individual warframe characters are all major "Who?"s even if warframe itself is popular.

Unironically, Gunvolt might be more relevant with Gunvolt 3 coming up soon.

Edit: Still, I doubt the DB crew even know who Gunvolt is, and Raiden vs GV would be way harder to animate than a regular swordfight.

SPOILER_IMG_20220702_114729132.jpg

Not as good as GV, and honestly individual warframe characters are all major "Who?"s even if warframe itself is popular.

Unironically, Gunvolt might be more relevant with Gunvolt 3 coming up soon.
What are Raiden's connections to GV? I think the MU could be cool but honestly I'm kinda biased here :v

Also you're not wrong about Warframe's popularity, but Excalibur is the frame the vast majority of players start with. He's by far the most recognizable one.

What are Raiden's connections to GV? I think the MU could be cool but honestly I'm kinda biased here :v
zvu9lb1ryxo81.jpg
  • Both characters were orphans taken in by foster fathers who were also the leaders of a group (Asimov being the leader of QUILL and Solidus being the president of the United States), said fathers being an attempt by an organization to recreate somebody else (Asimov being an attempt by Sumeragi to create another Azure Striker like the First Adept and Solidus being a clone of Big Boss made by The Patriots)
  • Both were child soldiers (Gunvolt joining QUILL at just 9 and Raiden's time in the Small Boy Unit of the Army of the Devil needing little elaboration)
  • Ironically, like their "Fathers", they were part of a project by the very same organization to try and recreate somebody (Gunvolt being part of the same program that gave Asimov his powers, and Raiden being part of a VR training program to make a memetic clone of Solid Snake. Raiden was also later turned into a cyborg by the Patriots)
  • Both ultimately killed their foster fathers, albeit in very different circumstances.
  • At some point they would save a someone they initially believed to be a mindless A.I. but, in reality, was a fully sentient being (Joule and Blade Wolf)
  • They fight against corporate groups (Sumeragi and Desperado), namely a small handful in of high ranking members inthe company (The Sumeragi Swordsmen and The Winds of Destruction) working for a man willing to do anything for their ambition (Nova and Senator Armstrong).
  • Both can manipulate electricity, and their names/codenames reference electricity as well (Gunvolt and Raiden, obviously)
  • Both have a relatively normal human as their main rival (Copen and Jetstream Sam)

Last edited:
This matchup quickly went from my least anticipated to most anticipated, because holy shit, Raiden. I get that maybe there were more thematic matchups, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hyped as ****.

Hoping they give him more of his arsenal this time, as well as cover Revengeance more thoroughly, cause I gotta be honest, the lack of reaction to the absolute insanity of MGR was a little disappointing in hindsight.

I'm a huge MGRR fan so I'm gonna be rooting for Raiden here more than Excalibur, glad Fujiwara got her matchup here though.

Raiden being here definitely gives this episode big shoes to fill though imo, Raiden v Wolverine is literally one of the best episodes in the shows history imo, easily a top 5 for me, if this episode is as good it could easily be one of my favorites too. I hope it can be even half as good.

zvu9lb1ryxo81.jpg
  • Both characters were orphans taken in by foster fathers who were also the leaders of a group (Asimov being the leader of QUILL and Solidus being the president of the United States), said fathers being an attempt by an organization to recreate somebody else (Asimov being an attempt by Sumeragi to create another Azure Striker like the First Adept and Solidus being a clone of Big Boss made by The Patriots)
  • Both were child soldiers (Gunvolt joining QUILL at just 9 and Raiden's time in the Small Boy Unit of the Army of the Devil needing little elaboration) -Ironically, like their "Fathers", they were part of a project by the very same organization to try and recreate somebody (Gunvolt being part of the same program that gave Asimov his powers, and Raiden being part of a VR training program to make a memetic clone of Solid Snake. Raiden was also later turned into a cyborg by the Patriots) -Both ultimately killed their foster fathers, albeit in very different circumstances.
  • At some point they would save a someone they initially believed to be a mindless A.I. but, in reality, was a fully sentient being (Joule and Blade Wolf)
  • They fight against corporate groups (Sumeragi and Desperado), namely a small handful in of high ranking members inthe company (The Sumeragi Swordsmen and The Winds of Destruction) working for a man willing to do anything for their ambition (Nova and Senator Armstrong).
  • Both can manipulate electricity, and their names/codenames reference electricity as well (Gunvolt and Raiden, obviously)
  • Both have a relatively normal human as their main rival (Copen and Jetstream Sam)
Damn, those are pretty good. I still think Excalibur is thematic enough to work but I think this is slightly better.

I'm a huge MGRR fan so I'm gonna be rooting for Raiden here more than Excalibur, glad Fujiwara got her matchup here though.

Raiden being here definitely gives this episode big shoes to fill though imo, Raiden v Wolverine is literally one of the best episodes in the shows history imo, easily a top 5 for me, if this episode is as good it could easily be one of my favorites too. I hope it can be even half as good.
Was lowkey hoping that the next MGR episode would be Armstrong or Sam, did not expect them to literally just bring back Raiden.

Does this also mean we're getting another MGR inspired track, because I think I got even more excited just thinking about that.

This matchup quickly went from my least anticipated to most anticipated, because holy shit, Raiden. I get that maybe there were more thematic matchups, but I'd be lying if I said I wasn't hyped as ****.

Hoping they give him more of his arsenal this time, as well as cover Revengeance more thoroughly, cause I gotta be honest, the lack of reaction to the absolute insanity of MGR was a little disappointing in hindsight.
Warframe needed a character who can help carry
And raiden was the guy
Also some speculates it being Raiden

Imagine being a MGR fan and gonna be seeing ur boy dying to some Literal who ass character

Warframe needed a character who can help carry
And raiden was the guy
Also some speculates it being Raiden

Imagine being a MGR fan and gonna be seeing ur boy dying to some Literal who ass character
Based on what I've seen from Warframe, Raiden is likely getting shitstomped, which sucks balls, but hey, as long as he gets the respect he deserves, I'm satisfied.

Wouldn't be the first time I got excited for a character appearing even though I knew they were getting sent to a slaughter.

Based on what I've seen from Warframe, Raiden is likely getting shitstomped, which sucks balls, but hey, as long as he gets the respect he deserves, I'm satisfied.

Wouldn't be the first time I got excited for a character appearing even though I knew they were getting sent to a slaughter.
Actually, Excalibur in particular dosn't have much.

rip raidenbros
be a MGR fan
see Raiden in the title and get excited
see he is fighting a Warframe character, you don't know who he is but you're still rooting for Raiden
click
"This video is sponsored by Warframe"
I'm interested in how Death Battle calculate their feats.
For The Judge it's easy
Building-City level, they made Aizen planet level because someone sustained planets or something like that and the guardians do the same with their zones, Judge's zone is literally 1 small building but they could scale him to other guardians that sustain much bigger zones, Dedan's in particular has a 100,000 floor building, not even making this up
Take Judge's statement about the nothingness seriously and make him Lightspeed or calc Batter dodging specters while he's falling
Sans has nothing besides potentially lightspeed blasters and very conservative scaling
Mid Season Premiere was also revealed.

James Bond vs John Wick
lmao, way to cheat BOTH characters out of their good matchups

Last edited by a moderator:
rip raidenbros

be a MGR fan
see Raiden in the title and get excited
see he is fighting a Warframe character, you don't know who he is but you're still rooting for Raiden
click
"This video is sponsored by Warframe"
Could you imagine if DB had the Warframe character lose their own sponsored episode, my sides would go into orbit.

I'm interested in how Death Battle calculate their feats.
It will depend on how you interpret things.

Oh argue solar system to star level oh occupy the lowest value which is building level, with supersonic speed to FTL+ while sans only has frisk scale and potentially light speed to gaster blaster.. a dubious universal-Multiversal if you scale it to chara.

Why is everyone not speaking in spoiler tabs?
Looks like you are all ready to refrain from a Death Battle Wiki membership or even Death Battle championship membership.

How strong is Excalibur?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back