• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
@Shadowbokunohero I rarely ever see you on discord these days you dingus ;-;

@BlackDarkness679 They don’t use gameplay for feats due to it being inconsistent with what’s canonically shown. Kano survived numerous gunshots in gameplay but dies to a single shot to the head by a handgun in the story, hard to take anything in gameplay seriously when it comes to AP feats. Yeah you kinda proved my point on why we don’t use Normal arcade mode stuff especially when it boils down to “beat the bad guy” and that’s it, which leads to a lot of inconsistencies with the scaling.

Not to the same extent that NRS and Midway have when entire storylines have been changed, backstories do not line up whatsoever with Midway, among many other things in the series that you’d have a hard time explaining why them connecting makes sense.

This isn’t 2018-2019 anymore, times have changed.

Hah, yeah this shows how little you know on what’s happened on the site when we’ve had Marvel Heralds comparable to Thor at his peak in base form at Low Multi for quite some time. Plus Ant said in a DC upgrade thread that he’s fine with some of the DC heralds going to 4-A, possibly Low 2-C. This whole “debating that DC and Marvel characters are universal or above on the site is a lost cause” bullshit is just that, bullshit.

Huh, guess that's gonna cause a debate about levels of mind hax/mind hax resistance and whether or not Raven can actually steal Phoenixs emotions, also why are you striking out all your text
The real major reasonings were:

-Both scales to destroying their entire cosmologies so power and speed was equal

-Several of their haxxes and abilities cancelled one another out (telepathy, time manip, energy absorption, etc)

-Raven can regenerate from her soul’s complete destruction (mid godly regen) and this could come back from essentially anything Jean could do to her.

-Meanwhile Jean didn’t actually have much in terms of soul Manip resistances and couldn’t come back from complete soul destruction via just the Phoenix itself (the Phoenix itself couldn’t restore Jean’s soul when it was shattered), and the Phoenix itself being utterly destroyed would take too long to resurrect (anywhere from days to centuries. Too long for DB win standards).

Hello_there.jpg

@Ultraguy_9000

-Both scales to destroying their entire cosmologies so power and speed was equal

-Several of their haxxes and abilities cancelled one another out (telepathy, time manip, energy absorption, etc)

-Raven can regenerate from her soul’s complete destruction (mid godly regen) and this could come back from essentially anything Jean could do to her.

-Meanwhile Jean didn’t actually have much in terms of soul Manip resistances and couldn’t come back from complete soul destruction via just the Phoenix itself (the Phoenix itself couldn’t restore Jean’s soul when it was shattered), and the Phoenix itself being utterly destroyed would take too long to resurrect (anywhere from days to centuries. Too long for DB win standards).
Ah that makes way more sense then just stealing emotions

I guess I'll be the only one coping this episode. I think Vader vs Obito was wrong, but only slightly so. This shouldn't have been even close, I don't care how cool Raven is she didn't deserve this win.

Hype next time, disappointing episode all around.

This makes much more sense, adding on the fact Raven has more control and training with her abilities that Jean did with the Phoenix. This really does feel Zatanna vs. Scalet Witch all over again, lol.

I'm really starting to roll my eyes at how often comic book matchups are just becoming "stats equal" hax matches when they really shouldn't be scaling certain characters so high.

Anyway, my preferred Guts matchup is dead in the water and replaced by a rep from one of my least favorite franchises ever. Joy.
I know right?

I'm so tired of more thematic matchups being thrown away for generic anime game character 23901890

Guts vs Clare is the INFINITLY better matchup

Twilight bros... not like this...
I’m sorry Bronies, but it’s confirmed now Raven mogs your verse

Was able to watch the episode early thanks to my gracious brother doing me a monetary solid.

Now I’m depressed all the same, it doesn’t even matter that Twi was downplayed, she loses regardless so a hypothetical rematch would be pointless. At least my preferred waifu won but it leaves a bittersweet taste in my mouth.

I felt the same way with Sora VS Pit to a lesser extent where they failed to mention or even downplayed a lot of Pit’s feats which even with mentioning those he may or may not have still lost but my boy was done incomplete—but then Yoda VS King Mickey came out and the downplay didn’t even matter so now the episode is retroactively vindicated and fuuuuuuuuuuuu

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
image.png

AAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAaaaaa
I WON, IWON I WON, IT LOOKS LIKE I WON, I WAS RIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA MY DREAMS WERE RIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Never doubt the power of my prophetic dreams again...
IMG_20230730_1456192.jpg
MY DREAMS WERE CORRECT!!! THEY WERE PROPHETIC!!!!!! RAVEN KILLED PHOENIX HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I WOOON I WON I WONN HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA

HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA
image.png

AAHAHAHAHAAAAAHHAAAAAAHAAAAAHAAAAHAAAA

HAAAAAAAHAAAAAAaaaaa
I WON, IWON I WON, IT LOOKS LIKE I WON, I WAS RIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA MY DREAMS WERE RIGHT HAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Never doubt the power of my prophetic dreams again...
IMG_20230730_1456192.jpg
MY DREAMS WERE CORRECT!!! THEY WERE PROPHETIC!!!!!! RAVEN KILLED PHOENIX HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA I WOOON I WON I WONN HAHAHAHAAHAHAHAAA
I curse you Deidalius. I pray that your pillow is warm on both sides for the rest of your life. May your toes always find their way to the corners of your table. I hope your sleeves always roll down while washing hands.

Back