• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
From a researcher on marvel vs dc fights he's interested in
Batman Beyond VS Spidey 2099
Moon Knight VS Azrael
Mysterio VS Scarecrow
Ultron VS Brainiac
Dormammu VS Trigon
Martian Manhunter VS Silver Surfer

there are a bunch of others that I'm like less enthused about but would still be down for
Supergirl VS She-Hulk, Catwoman VS Black Cat (scary i know), Batgirl (Cassandra) VS X-23, Bullseye VS Deadshot, Iceman VS Firestorm

N O
As a fan of both series, I'm honestly so ******* sick of this MU and how people are trying to say it's good, they literally have nothing in common outside of post-apocalyptic manga protags, Jack is nothing like Ken at all, they have different backstories, differeng abilities, different personalities, different tone in their stories, different everything, really.
If I were to pick a Ken MU it’d be either Vash or Toriko

I apologize if I'm overreacting, FoTNS is genuinely a series that is important for me, it helped me find new friends and strenghten my relationships with the friends I had already, Hokuto means alot to me and I kinda want the franchise to be represented with good MUs on death battle, that probably sounds like an idiotic excuse but that's really all I can say

Completely random: what ability does it count as when you do something so traumatic, it causes a lesser lifeform's brain to evolve to a point where it can comprehend what it's witnessing?

Fear Manipulation, Mind Manipulation and maybe limited biological manipulation. I guess you could also argue madness manipulation but in like reverse.

Josh have you ever actually read or watched Toriko please respond honestly because they have even less in common than Jack and Kenshiro like ******* aspodfksaopfgkxp;v,xz;lvgs,e;f
I apologize if I'm overreacting, FoTNS is genuinely a series that is important for me, it helped me find new friends and strenghten my relationships with the friends I had already, Hokuto means alot to me and I kinda want the franchise to be represented with good MUs on death battle, that probably sounds like an idiotic excuse but that's really all I can say
I just thought the animation could be neat, sorry bro, fair enough. Also no, should I? Is it any good? All I’ve heard is the mangaka for Toriko turned out to be a piece of shit

Also no, should I? Is it any good? All I’ve heard is the mangaka for Toriko turned out to be a piece of shit
Yeah, he's a pedo, if you reeeeeeeaaaaaaally want to check the series out, then pirate it, I think it's decent but in no way you should support the scum that is Toriko's author

Guts vs Dimitri ending is just going to be them swinging their ***** at full power

0co992i9qdx71.png

c2p5ut3aqdx71.png

its okay

Guts is screwed. BTW, TBF, he should have been screwed by Nightmare back then.

And that wheel means Guts can return and be screwed for more - even as just DBX.

Last edited:
Say, I meant to ask when the fight was relevant, but what's the deal with Jean's latest death? Like, aren't the X-Men still doing the Krakoa stuff? Can't they just revive her?

Given both massively large cosmology and shit I can understand why but it does throw shit outta wack in terms of scaling and such and leaves bad predicaments
Like Raven ain't top 15 yet she beat a top tier cosmic abstract
From a researcher on marvel vs dc fights he's interested in
Batman Beyond VS Spidey 2099
Moon Knight VS Azrael
Mysterio VS Scarecrow
Ultron VS Brainiac
Dormammu VS Trigon
Martian Manhunter VS Silver Surfer

there are a bunch of others that I'm like less enthused about but would still be down for
Supergirl VS She-Hulk, Catwoman VS Black Cat (scary i know), Batgirl (Cassandra) VS X-23, Bullseye VS Deadshot, Iceman VS Firestorm
Now you mentioned it:

How it would be for Swamp Thing vs Man Thing now

Last edited:
Now you mentioned it:

How it would be for Swamp Thing vs Man Thing now
basically both tier 1 max stats, and seemingly unkillable until something something swampthing something something green, though Man-Thing might be able to actually be one of the only characters able to bypass their regen, as his fear-burning isn't ACTUALLY fire and more of a metaphysical thing, but that'd only be if he ends up putting up enough of a fight for swampthing to fear him.

Josh have you ever actually read or watched Toriko please respond honestly because they have even less in common than Jack and Kenshiro like ******* aspodfksaopfgkxp;v,xz;lvgs,e;f
Toriko and Bobobo vs Kenshiro are more Kenshiro parodies vs OG thing. Think of it as Deadpool vs Deathstroke or... Spongebob Squarepants vs Super Friends Aquaman.

And yes they are spite matchups.

It's all good man! My comment was more memeing anyway cause the VJ vs Kenshiro thing keeps coming back from the dead, and I get it when it comes to things you are passionate about, you got nothing to worry about

Guts if they use Heroes Scaling:
More like Guts is screwed even if they do not use Heroes and Engage scaling.

Fire Emblem Three houses
Fire Emblem Three Hopes
A third thing probably

Ultraguy implies the team is not using Engage or Heroes for this time.

Likely they will at some point in some other matchups.

The biggest casualty of Raven VS Phoenix is that I am left with negligible confidence that Billcord will be peak fiction. This is the FIFTH goddamn matchup where we have characters who can do basically ******* anything and they just give up and decide to make a flying brick with lasers fight.

Strange VS Fate, Raven VS Twilight, Thanos VS Darksied, Zatanna VS Wanda (although this one isn’t too egregious), and now this.

Are the animators allergic to creative applications of the mile-long list of powers they have? Or are the producers that stingy with giving money?
Maybe add Atom vs Antman onto that since they could've done all kinds of crazy shit with the Quantum Realm/Microverse and instead we just got them standing on some giant "rocks".

It's canon, and has been for years, so it's more along the lines of using Dissidia for FF characters
I don't know if I'd say "for years". The closest thing to canon is Veronica showing up as an Emblem in Engage but the canonicity of the DLC Emblems is extremely vague.

Strange VS Fate, Raven VS Twilight, Thanos VS Darksied, Zatanna VS Wanda (although this one isn’t too egregious), and now this.

Are the animators allergic to creative applications of the mile-long list of powers they have? Or are the producers that stingy with giving money
lets be real that's less on DB and mainly writers who give these characters a shit ton of abilities and barely remember they could use it

sure the arguments of they could've done more with them can be a valid take but there's only so much you can do in a 3min timeframe

I don't know if I'd say "for years". The closest thing to canon is Veronica showing up as an Emblem in Engage but the canonicity of the DLC Emblems is extremely vague.
Actually, there's quite a few pieces of evidence that supports Heroes' canonicity. It's talked about in the Fire Emblem thread, if you're interested.

Even ignoring Engage, IS themselves consider Heroes a mainline title, according to their website. There's also the Legacy of Archanea artbook putting it as a mainline game, Sakurai counting it as mainline in the Byleth reveal trailer, and a bunch of promotional art showing Alfonse along with the other mainline lords, despite said art not including characters from spin-offs.

All this except Engage has been out for years.

The biggest casualty of Raven VS Phoenix is that I am left with negligible confidence that Billcord will be peak fiction. This is the FIFTH goddamn matchup where we have characters who can do basically ******* anything and they just give up and decide to make a flying brick with lasers fight.

Are the animators allergic to creative applications of the mile-long list of powers they have? Or are the producers that stingy with giving money?
It's simple, these two characters don't do a lot of creative things with their powers... it's that simple, death battle unlike other sprite animators, tries to be 100% faithful to the ability samples that the characters have, and don't blame him, people tend to be much more demanding with death battle than with others, if any liberties would be taken it's more than sure that many would complain that the characters are "out" of their characterization.

Back