• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Third Fusion:
Screen20Shot202024-05-2020at204.png

Screen20Shot202024-05-2020at204.png

The Last Schnee, a mighty clan of summoners who absorb the souls of the enemies they kill in order to absorb their powers and knowledge
Literally some Dracula type beat.

Alright, I grabbed a bunch of random Death Battle combatants. I spin two of them and they become a fusion (I'll knock their name off the list and we'll see what we get)
Screen20Shot202024-05-1920at208.png
Where did you get the site?
Or... You just tried to make them into an Excel file and Rand() them yourself?

You say this jokingly, and yet it makes me think about when we bring up anti-feats as some kind of faux-pas, when those same people treat lower keys for certain points in the story vs 2-C+ god tiers as an either-or when they don't need to (cough N from XC3 cough).

smt-strange-journey-cover-art.jpg

Wacky guns n knives included

Now that you mention it, I did have one really good Redux MU from when I played the game, I just never got around to making a thumbnail for it. brb.

You say this jokingly, and yet it makes me think about when we bring up anti-feats as some kind of faux-pas, when those same people treat lower keys for certain points in the story vs 2-C+ god tiers as an either-or when they don't need to (cough N from XC3 cough).
To be fair unless you are bullet proof like superman or have other ways of tanking a bullet, you would be pierced by one regardless of your tier, at least till tier 1 i guess

To be fair unless you are bullet proof like superman or have other ways of tanking a bullet, you would be pierced by one regardless of your tier, at least till tier 1 I guess

Eh, possibly. Or we have stuff like early Majin Buu who just doesn't really care one way or the other.

The point I'm getting at though (and I say this now as VS pages are getting general formatting revisions for powers and stuff) is that I think that tier ranking should have a distinction between displayed feats and implied scaling. If we take the XC3 Consul N example I made earlier - His city-busting feat could go in said displayed feats/rating, and all the Origin stuff could go in scaled (in other words, both ratings are true at the same time). Like, currently we have 'Tier: [insert tier]' (multiple for given keys / story position / etc.), whereas what I would do is:

Tier (Displayed / Applied): [insert lower tier eg: 7-B for City Bust]
Tier: (Scaled / Statement): [insert highest tier as per implication / statement eg: dimension/universe at threat]

See what I'm getting at?

Or hell, while we're digging at specific cases - Scarlet Nexus is a good example of a verse that could benefit from this kind of delineated scaling. We have Yuito, Kasane and Karen Travers all @ 3-A/2-C because of all the stuff revolving around the Red Strings - but then towards the end of the game, where Karen is most likely to apply that stated scaling (Read: Kunad Gate / Red Strings etc.), we bring up Yuito and Kasane throwing what is effectively a city block at him, and that harms him? All of the keys we have can be true at the same time, but in the case of SN, it's done in such a way where the scaling sort of... pretzels in on itself? (If you've played the game, you'll know what I mean). Karen and his brother Luka even come from the same experiment as part of SAS - but we don't give Luka 3-A/2-C scaling for some reason, in favour of a teleport nuke statement whose context is duplicitous at best IMO, and might as well be a footnote by most of our current standards (not that those aren't up for renewal in and of themselves...).

I'll have to dig back through SN footage at some point, but that's the general idea.

TBH guns and other firearms come in different shapes.

Also, gunfire actually pack great piercing damage even with like only street or even athletic human level energy yield and can therefore be blocked by hard shields.

... Oh we talk about how funny it is for high tier characters to be defeated by supposedly low tier attacks. As a tired salary man I can quickly respond: three words - stories come first.

Yeah anti-feats can destroy story values but sometimes things just happen. (Spoilers) I still feel sad on how Jujitsu Kaisen and Chainsaw Man have become as results of uncontrolled story writing.

"Tekken characters are too "grounded" to really manage to deal with the most powerful characters from JJK.

How strong they are is inconsistent too, with DJ at his most absurd destroying a continent in his Tekken 8 ending, but he only looks this strong in that ending, anywhere else he's stronger than everyone else, but can still lose to Hwoarang.

If we count his strength at his highest (The continent destroying thing), then he's much stronger than Sukuna physically, but Sukuna has ridiculously flexible powers and is a very good strategist, so it could be a fight that ends fast in either side, but if DJ were to be as strong as he usually is, then I don't see him winning even if his powers are at around Sukuna's level, because of how ridiculously flexible Sukuna's powers are."
saw this random post on some site

Back