• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
20230914_095146.jpg

Raoh may have his moment on Death Battle in the future
YOOOOOOOO

Yusuke isn't from HxH or Shaman King though?
Yusuke Urameshi is from Yu Yu Hakusho.
Still, one irrelevant franchise against a new franchise would mean Yusuke Urameshi vs Reimu Hakurei is unlikely.

Calling: who is applying for a split? And who is applying by themselves?

Could Alex technically achieve the N-word pass if he were to consume an African American?
He may as well just spit that word on Cole.

Oh this will get moral ground to write off a W for Cole.

Made a TN for Patchouli vs Twilight, I used to dislike this MU but honestly, after seeing how well DB represented mlp recently I wouldn't mind this MU at all, the tonal clash here isn't even a big problem like in Twilight's other MUs (Yusei Fudo, Geo Stelar, Ness... Gohan...) and honestly the fight and dialogue could go pretty hard
sparkling_knowledge.png

Oh, and also connections for anyone curious:
  • Both are purple-haired smart characters from popular, fantasy media franchises with a feminine-oriented demographic.
  • Both live in a fantastical world, occupied by magic and magical races (Gensokyo and Equestria).
  • Both take care of and are associated with specific libraries (Scarlet Devil Mansion Library and Golden Oak Library).
  • Both share their residence with the more brash, outgoing assistants (Koakuma and Spike).
  • Both of them are members of specific supernatural races (Magician Youkais and Unicorns) who have the ability to perform... Magic, Duh.
  • Speaking of which, both are pretty good at it, using some of the most powerful types of magic there are (Patchouli being able to use the sun and moon magic and Twilight using the magic of friendship).
  • Both of them also became buddies with some of the people they fought before (Patchouli assisted Marisa in Subterranean Animism, even though Marisa stole her books and beat her before and Twilight probably doesn't need an explanation).
  • Both are very good friends with people of important status in their world (Remilia Scarlet and Princess Celestia) who have some weird relationships with their sisters (Flandre and Luna) and Remilia wanted to eclipse the sun, while Celestia controls the sun.
  • Both of them also have personalities that contrast: Patchouli is pretty introverted and lonely, while Twilight used to be just like that but after years of learning lessons her whole thing is having alot of friends and learning the magic of friendship.
Is it a Twili win?
No, I think but I'm not an MLP expert so maybe Twilight is outerversal or some shit like that
I think maybe we need a Touhou Project expert also.

Last edited:
We havent had fight as bad as JasonMichael yet. And even S9 had quite a bit of mid-ness too.

Its literally all on research being worse this season. Hell, even as a Stitch supporter it is weird how they gave a million billion whatever x FTL for him for guiding spaceships... and not give Rocket any? Unless they deemed all instances shown by G1 to be bunk, what gives?
Stitch’s feat had dogfighting involved btw, the edit just didn’t make it clear.
Tier 1 DBS sure is an opinion.

I really dont understand why Sonic gets scrutiny elsewhere, a lot of other verses get dumber shit accepted way easier lol
Mario has perhaps some of the most generous interpretations of any verse I’ve ever seen lol. I see him tossed around as Multi+ Infinite Speed with Mid Godly and Undertale/CU infinite retry in circles lol.

He may as well just spit that word on Cole.

Oh this will get moral ground to write off a W for Cole.

I think maybe we need a Touhou Project expert also.
I’d lean towards Patchouli taking the win pretty solidly but there might be some give and take depending on how you scale both.

Bruh I just saw Liu Kang new fatality where he takes you to space and sends a mf to a black hole Jago *****😭
Even if Jago scales to Gargos star level feats, Liu Kang matches that with a finger snap
Like one Gohan vs Ultraman Zero zealot once said, "massive stomp alone will not stop a matchup from happening".

But the relevance of a verse to our modern society definitely does. Rooster Teeth want hot clicks and is understandable to be reluctant to do more obscure characters, especially two or more obscure characters at one time.

To ***** over Jago even more in Kung Lao’s ending Liu Kang is able to steal people’s powers and memories lol
This may help Liu Kang to help carry the legacy of Jago on fighting Gargos.

Talking about stomps, this has been oddly debatable season. Pretty sure S8 & S9 had less debates?
Lemme check

Season 9
Episode 156: Harley Quinn VS Jinx
(Batman VS League of Legends)
Slightly debatable, quite clear cut
Winner as expected
Episode 157: Scarlet Witch VS Zatanna (Marvel VS DC)
Debatable
Winner verdict is considered somewhat controversial
Episode 158: Tanjiro VS Jonathan Joestar (Demon Slayer VS JoJo's Bizarre Adventure)
Clear cut
Winner as expected
Episode 159: Thor VS Vegeta (Marvel VS Dragon Ball)
Clear cut
Winner as expected
Episode 160: Omni-Man VS Homelander (Invincible VS The Boys)
So clear cut lol
Winner as expected of course
Episode 161: Magneto VS Tetsuo (Marvel VS Akira) June 6th, 2022
Clear cut
Winner as expected
Episode 162: Hercules VS Sun Wukong
Debatable
Winner verdict is considered somewhat controversial to some but others generally accepts this
Episode 163: Boba Fett VS Predator (Star Wars VS Predator)
Most consider clear cut
Winner as expected
Bonus Episode: Excalibur VS Raiden (Warframe VS Metal Gear)
Most consider clear cut
Winner as expected
Episode 164: James Bond VS John Wick
Clear cut
Winner as expected
Episode 165: Black Adam VS Apocalypse (DC VS Marvel)
Debatable
Controversial
Episode 166: Trunks VS Silver (Dragon Ball Heroes VS Archie Sonic)
Debatable by some
Controversial by some
Episode 167: SpongeBob VS Aquaman (Nickelodeon VS Super Friends)
So clear cut it is funny
Winner as expected of course
Episode 168: Jason Voorhees VS Michael Myers (Friday the 13th VS Halloween)
Clear cut
Winner as expected
Episode 169: Sauron VS Lich King (Lord of the Rings VS World of Warcraft)
Slightly debatable
Winner as expected
Episode 170: Deku VS Asta (My Hero Academia VS Black Clover)
Clear cut
Winner as expected
Episode 171: Gogeta VS Vegito (Dragon Ball)
Clear cut
Winner as expected

2 quite controversial episodes and 2 slightly controversial episodes throughout Season 9 of 17 episodes

Season 10...
Darth Vader vs Obito Uchiha
Phoenix vs Raven
Bill Cipher vs Discord

We have 3 quite controversial episodes within 9 episodes in total.

Season 10...
Darth Vader vs Obito Uchiha
Phoenix vs Raven
Bill Cipher vs Discord

We have 3 quite controversial episodes within 9 episodes in total.
(taking this as an oppertunity to jump in.) But boy, has this season been truly draining. I do feel like at points people forget that Verses is inherently an interprative hobby of guessing how strong fictional character's are.

Like don't get me wrong, I disagree with Vader vs obito (but think it's debatable because Naruto scaling is weird.) And Dorito vs Q. But death battle has it's own interpretation.

It really does bother me when people say "Death battles research is bad." as like don't get me wrong I feel there are cases it's iffy. And Sometimes just outright uses wrong feats. Asta vs Deku comes to mind. But like I said, Vs is inharently interprative. It all depends on the ground rules set. What calcs you go with, and so on.

Anyone believing Cole MacGrath vs Alex Mercer would be accompanied with a rap battle music?

BTW?

What matchups would you smash this button for?

Mario has perhaps some of the most generous interpretations of any verse I’ve ever seen lol. I see him tossed around as Multi+ Infinite Speed with Mid Godly and Undertale/CU infinite retry in circles lol.
Tbf that's only in very specific circles that try and take everything to insane degrees and not just Mario, like 90% of those Multi+ Infinite Speed Mario peeps also argue the same stats for Zelda. Nintendo in generally really gets these oddly specific high-end interpretations, like everyone that's appeared in a first party Nintendo game is somehow higher dimensional and immeasurable in these certain circles I don't get it. Generally most people into power scaling either slap Mario dudes in the tier 8 to 4 range (A few going up to universal). Personally stick them at solar or multi-solar system level myself, pretty safe and decently consistent middle ground for them.

Back