• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Death Gatling Possible Small Upgrade?

So based on the new chapter I believe that Death Gatling should have a solid 7-B rating for his performance against Garou. Not physically of course, but his Gatling gun should be 7-B for pushing to his limit and beyond. And I guess Death Shower could be added to his special attack section.

I'd propose "Unknown Physically, 7-B with his Gatling Gun" to be his rating. We could also remove the "possibly" from his attack speed and just make him massively hypersonic+ since Garou could barley avoid his Gatling Gun attacks.

Any opinions on this?

Garou was explicitly much weakened from his other fights and was stated able to easily beat those heroes normally. He even called Gatling Gun a "beyond terrible" fighter and that he's far below an S-Class. Those two shouldn't be scaled to each other.

Okay. Should we close this thread then?

So you'd even say Death Shower isn't 7-B? I thought that Garou was talking about how physically Death Gatling was a terrible fighter. But his gun was still powerful.

Garou says that he'd effortlessly stomp Gatling normally.

Gatling himself acknowledges Garou is weakened.

Garou calls Gatling a beyond terrible fighter and far below an S-Class.

And no, Garou says that Gatling is decent when fighting with others but terrible when fighting on his own. And Gatling only ever fights with guns, so why would Garou be referring to some hypothetical situation where he would to fight hand to hand?

The overall implication here is that Gatling is not on par with Garou at all. They shouldn't be scaled to each other. And now the statement of Gatling being on par with a S-Class, which has been directly contradicted by a more knowledgable character, is under question. I'd put Death Gatling at an "Unknown" entirely personally.

Regardless the question,i think we should remove the whole "City level" and "MHS+" from all the A class hero expect Atomic Samurai's students and Sweet Mask,they are definitely not scale to the S class heros and not comparable to them at all and we see enough examples for that in the whole series(Garou one shot rank 5 6 10 27 36 7 33 and 8 of A class)

@Ryukama

Okay. Feel free to check over his profile, and adjust it if necessary.

Garou was veeeeeeeery weakened at that point. I would not scale someone on that basis.

I definitely agree with Ryop. Atomic Samurai's disciples and Sweet Mask are obviously S-Class level. The rest have nothing but a shaky statement that's now been contradicted an arguably more knowledgable source. I'll change them to Unknown.

What do you mean by that?

I mean if they are gonna be just a bunch of characters with unknown statistics than might as well delete them.

It's fine to have a profile with Unknown stats. I changed Death Gatling. If others are fine with changing the rest of the A-Classes to Unknown I'll do that. But I'm waiting for now.

Thanks for the input. Although you shouldn't have gotten rid of the possibly 7-B. Death Gatling had that rating since he harmed an injured but still extremely powerful hundred eyed octopus.

Amlad22 said:
Thanks for the input. Although you shouldn't have gotten rid of the possibly 7-B. Death Gatling had that rating since he harmed an injured but still extremely powerful hundred eyed octopus.
Death Gatling just shot him in the areas where Flashy Flash already pierice and cut his skin,basically he "attack" him from inside,he didn't really harm hundred eyed octopus's durability

What Ryop said. I'm not saying that Death Gattling is like, orders of magnitude weaker than a S-Class. There's just very little to suggest he scales in the same tier. Hence the "Unknown".

Death Gattling shouldn't be unknown. He's not entirely featless. In the webcomic, when he fought Garou, the wall behind him was crumbling from his gunfire. I'm not sure if this counts for something, but in the webcomic, he was also able to make Garou bleed a little. In his fight against Garou in the manga, his gunfire was able to tear down some trees and create holes in them. His Death Shower also tore off the corners a bit (EDIT: I meant corners of the shed) , and it looks like some of the trees in the background were damaged as well. Couldn't he be "At least" or "Possibly" 9-B?

Well, there's actually an easy way to scale Gatling: Genos vs Garou.

(A) Gatling's Death Shower (yes, max power burst, but his normal damage probably only a tier or two weaker than that, so have two stats) slightly damaged the arms of massively weakened Garou. Garou had to completely focus on blocking it, he couldn't just walk through it with minimal damage.

- Death Shower (slightly, not incomparably) < Weakened Garou

(B) Garou was worn out after that, so even if he somewhat powered up from near death determination due to his growth, he shouldn't be much stronger (and possibly even weaker) than when he blocked Death Shower.

- Weakened Garou (pre-Death Shower) =?= Weakened Garou (post Death Shower)

(C) Garou was comparable to Genos (Post Goukesu Upgrade) in their fight, whose punches did significant (but not incapacitating) damage to Garou.

- Weakened Garou =?= Genos (Post Goukesu Upgrade)

(D) Genos (Post Anti-Saitama Upgrade) damaged Deep Sea King with melee strikes (7B). Genos (Post G4 Upgrade) two shot Deep Sea King in the simulated battle. Genos (Post Gouketsu Upgrade) fought Garou. Therefore his strikes should be much stronger than previously.

- "7-B" Genos (Post Anti-Saitama Upgrade) < Genos (post G4 Upgrade) < "At Least 7-B" Genos (Post Gouketsu Upgrade) =?= Weakened Garou.

Conclusion: Death Shower (slightly, not incomparably) < Weakened Garou (post Death Shower) =?= Genos (Post Gouketsu Upgrade) = "At Least 7-B"

- Suggestion: Death Shower = "Possibly 7-B"; base Death Gatling = "Possibly 7-C"

Since he's A-Class you could also theoretically scale him to Wolf and Tiger level threats since A-Class are expected to be able to fight and defeat them in one on one combat. Thought he'd only get a Wall level rating from either.

Back