• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deathwatch RP Thread 1

"Was an allusion than a legitimate assessment of what occurred, cousin Fist. But appreciative of the factchecking."

With the pain ever mounting, Aonghus drops his Thunder Hammer and quickly grabs his bolt pistol, firing it at the figure.

A wet pop of mulched skin and bone matter is heard as the round destroys something clearly vital. The pain recedes almost immediately.

"... Ah. I was under the impression that was a more long distant attack... But it's obvious our enemy knows something is trying to thwart them."

Aonghus picks up his Thunder Hammer again and slowly approaches the body, trying to see what exactly he hit.

Last edited:
@DMUA

You don't see much more aside from a partially hooded lower body. The upper body has been entirely blown apart by the mass reactive shell. There's a smell in the air however. The blood and guts, chemically rich and potent is the scent that exudes off them and invades your nostrils. It's not normal human blood.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

As your mind expands outwards you see millions of souls, all in various states of pain. The lowlives, the most unfortunate of the unfortunate, crowded in these ruined halls like rats in a maze, avoiding the intruders from up above. You search their hearts and see they likely will not pose much of a threat. They are terrified, but not of you alone.

Further down, you notice a void. Unlike the cold earth of the planet itself, there is a pocket of what seems like nothing. You can't see into it.

"I sense many souls, in pain and terrified, they seem to not be threats. Deeper, there is a void, emptiness itself, I cannot see into it."

"Random figure was an imposter, 0 imposters remain"

Aonghus looks at the body, it standing as a testament to the urgency of the situation.

"That does not bode well. But we are here to investigate. We advance," the Captain says as he lift a massive hunk of metal, clearing the pathway to yet more branching tunnels.

Nobel follows in the captain's shadow in light of the information, the past of his lax attitude morphing into his present worry, mentally pondering to himself

"Green skins make themselves too loud to be so silent in an invasion, Tyranids have to yet consume anything to be so un-present, no reported Tau diplomacy to suggest infiltration and propagandization among the populous..."

What could possible be awaiting us in the bowels if this hell? Jaeger thinks to himself as he follows closely continuing to watch around the group, his bloodlust still ever present.

"Are you suggesting what I believe you are suggesting Nobel?" comes the clipped reply from the Captain as they are led further down into an opening.

@DMUA

The rest of the Marines arrive at your location.

@Yobo_Blue @Tago238 [Yes that includes you]

"Either way, we will have to go further down. I am curious about this blankness our Librarian can sense."

[Skippy time time skip]

@Ambasaddor gang

You hear from your agents that the festival's schedule is being hastened for reasons unknown to you.

@Underhive gang

You've reached the deepest part of the underhive. Lakes of prometheum filling in from the surface can be found all around. The decay is no longer as present, for there is scarcely any human presence at all down here. Yet you can't shake the feeling you are being watched.

"Hmm... Well, we might still need to pay them a visit, with urgency."

Grimal keeps his guard and gun up.

"Does anyone else feel like a presence is watching us ?"
He asks over the vox-com.

@DMUA

"At once my lord. But I'm afraid you'll have to be taken directly to the grand plaza to meet him."

@Overlord775

"My auspex is showing nothing. But aye, nothing is quite right here."

The Gila Monsters astartes grips at the weaponized hatred of his Proteus Launcher, the veteran predator refusing to have himself become newly recruited prey before the unknown's fangs as they descend deep in its territory. Relax and worry melting and mentally brewing in Hayreddin's brain into a malign stew of cold fury -

"Recommending to keep your weapons close, and fingers closer to its triggers or handles. There's levels to this, and I've played this 'game' tens of, of hundreds, of times in the galaxy's concrete and leafy jungles. I wish find myself not beaten at it for a second time."

"Let them look."
An artic coldness following Nobel's delivery.

@Ambasaddor group

The agents take you to the grand plaza where the festival is being held. There is glory there, though it is washed out, dug into, much like the majority of this world. You can see a variety of upper class people milling about, served to by their retinues, though they all cease their activities when you approach. Though, you can't see the governor anywhere yet.

@Underhive group

Something twitches in the dark as you move on further, though shapes remain undefined even to your enhanced eyes. Thermal and x-ray vision filters prove of little use in the endeavor as well. There seems to be a charged buzz about the air.

@The_Divine_Phoenix

Uriel starts feeling a slight headache as they approach the blank spot more.

Well, we have our objective. Let's find the governor.

“A ****** hellhole of suffering with a void at the bottom... how exciting” Jaeger says to himself as he continues to stay alert with the thoughts if Necrons and Blanks in the back of his mind due to the Psychic void.

"If there are no changes in this aura, do inform," the Captain says simply to the Librarian, before voxing to the Space Wolf. "You'll satisfy your kill urge soon enough Wolf."

@Ambassador group

Your agents disperse to try and locate the governor. In the meantime you're gathering quite a crows around yourselves.

"We have important business. We need a clear path!"

Aonghus ushers them away, trying to search for the governor.

Something twitches in the dark. The Captain tenses.

@DMUA

The people make way, terrified of the goliath that is Aonghus. Your Space Marine compatriots move alongside you. There is a voice coming from somewhere which rings with worry and sounds at least somewhat regal, but the voices of the masses drown it out even for your selective hearing.

Noticing something move in the darkness Jaeger turns towards its direction and tenses his body for combat trying to pin point whats moving.

"There's something out there," the Captain, priming his weapons.

@DMUA

You waddle through the crowd before coming upon a guard unit of sorts hiding a man behind their bodies.

... Are they too late?

Aonghus tries to use his overwhelming height to his advantage, trying to see what exactly they're hiding without breaking the formation.

The barricade turns out to only be hiding the man due to his rotund stature. He quickly introduces himself with a long name you only bother to file later for reference in case anything of note comes from him, though what sticks in your active mind is his claim to being the governor's own personal caretaker.

He quickly informs you the governor is waiting, as well as making the not-so subtle attempt to plead to refrain from causing such a panic.

Back