• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Decibel Attack Potency Question

it takes 270 decibles to reach 500 joules, so probably not very high in attack potency...

what you should be more interested in is how this attack is made, because to make a sound as loud as 230 decibles you need A mother ******* nuclear bomb.

it takes 270 decibles to reach 500 joules, so probably not very high in attack potency...

what you should be more interested in is how this attack is made, because to make a sound as loud as 230 decibles you need A mother ******* nuclear bomb.
That's strange.

Because DCEU Batman's profile states that his 300 decibel sonic cannons have Low 7-B Attack Potency.

That's strange.

Because DCEU Batman's profile states that his 300 decibel sonic cannons have Low 7-B Attack Potency.
Probably because the person who made the revision didn't bother to check up on how decibels worked and instead said "oh well it's so much superior to a normal 15 KT nuke that produces 230 Decibles, it should be Low 7-B!" Even when theoretically the amount of force that'd have to be used to contain 300 decibels would be into tier 6. And even then, decibels work in a... strange way I can't recall the term for. The difference between 230 Decibels and 270 Decibels is several hundred, maybe even low thousands, in terms of how many nukes you'd need to detonate to get that level of sound.

Obviously, in terms of producing that much sound, it'd be the thing you should be LEAST worried about, because while it only takes 200 Decibels to kill a person(AKA a World War 2-era tactical ******* carpet bombing) it does that by eviscerating the organs, what Batman'd do with that shit is literally turn the entire area into a ******* wasteland with gooey things that used to be humans and animals being all over it! His ******* arms would be blown off and the device would explode 5o the point where it'd take out at LEAST half of America.

Probably because the person who made the revision didn't bother to check up on how decibels worked and instead said "oh well it's so much superior to a normal 15 KT nuke that produces 230 Decibles, it should be Low 7-B!" Even when theoretically the amount of force that'd have to be used to contain 300 decibels would be into tier 6. And even then, decibels work in a... strange way I can't recall the term for. The difference between 230 Decibels and 270 Decibels is several hundred, maybe even low thousands, in terms of how many nukes you'd need to detonate to get that level of sound.

Obviously, in terms of producing that much sound, it'd be the thing you should be LEAST worried about, because while it only takes 200 Decibels to kill a person(AKA a World War 2-era tactical ******* carpet bombing) it does that by eviscerating the organs, what Batman'd do with that shit is literally turn the entire area into a ******* wasteland with gooey things that used to be humans and animals being all over it! His ******* arms would be blown off and the device would explode 5o the point where it'd take out at LEAST half of America.
So just to be clear.

Batman's 300 decibel sonic cannons aren't actually Low 7-B?

So just to be clear.

Batman's 300 decibel sonic cannons aren't actually Low 7-B?
One way or another, I don't think so. Just to go from the difference of one nuke(230 Decibels) and the 300 decibels of Batman's device, 10000000 nukes would be detonating in whatever he made.

Holy mother ******* shit on Christ on a Harley.

Don't **** with decibels. Every 10 decibels multiplies the power by 10. So... yeah. Holy ****. Do not let Batman use that shit or he will literally destroy the entire continent and maybe some of the other continents. He might end the ******* world with the pull of a Trigger.

I did the math, I was overstating it a bit, but holy ****, Batman literally needs High 6-C prep for his 150 gigaton AT BARE MINIMUM sound gun. ******* hell. Suicide attack much?
I'm very confused right now.

Earlier you said that 270 decibels is only about 500 joules of energy correct?

Yes, but that is just from the sound alone. Not from what caused it. 230 decibels is from a nuclear warhead. It'd take 10000 of those same nuclear warheads to produce that 270 decibels.
This is what I said before, and I meant it, you want what made the sound in the first place, becuase the sound is the least of your concerns.

Yeah, and then he said that on its own is not the right way to calculate the feat. We should more so look towards what made that loud of a sound in the first place.

Yeah, and then he said that on its own is not the right way to calculate the feat. We should more so look towards what made that loud of a sound in the first place.
So theoretically if I could shout at 230 decibels (assuming I was immune to the effects of my own powers) that wouldn't yield anything impressive AP wise?

So theoretically if I could shout at 230 decibels (assuming I was immune to the effects of my own powers) that wouldn't yield anything impressive AP wise?
nah, you'd kill every living thing that can hear for a mile or two because of the abhor mentioned evisceration of organs due to the waves, but the actual force used to release that kind of sound would look a little like this.
R.5f9d0cf85392bf0a9320052b73b5f9df

TLDR: Sound doesn't have good AP, what makes it at levels like 300 Decibels absolutely does.
I really don't mean to be a bother but I'm having a tough time comprehending what you mean by all of this.

230 decibels by itself doesn't have good AP but the energy need to produce those decibels is enough force to destroy a town?

Can you explain to me why creating the 230 decibels of sound is more powerful than the decibels itself?

I really don't mean to be a bother but I'm having a tough time comprehending what you mean by all of this.

230 decibels by itself doesn't have good AP but the energy need to produce those decibels is enough force to destroy a town?

Can you explain to me why creating the 230 decibels of sound is more powerful than the decibels itself?
That is indeed a good question, and one I don't have a solid answer to, I'm not too far into the science of Decibels and sound, only that making them at extremes like 230 requires nuclear warheads and some other fun facts. However Sound has limited dura neg to its name at 200 onward due to the waves of them evicerating organs.
If you use sound waves to stop a nuke, would the thing that produced it be an even bigger nuke?
Depending on if your just magicing it into existence or not, yes, whatever your using would explode spectacularly if the nuke didn't destroy it before it even got the chance to have its fun.

You know this conversation made me realize something

Echo Echo is High 8-C via scaling. When scaled backwards, how loud are they (in dB)

Sound levels are generally expressed in decibels, which are logarithmic and so cannot be manipulated without being converted back to a linear scale. You must first antilog each number, add or subtract and then log them again in the following way:
logsum.gif

For example, adding three levels 94.0 + 96.0 + 98.0:
logsum-example.gif
This looks like a pain in the ass but I’ll get it sooner or later.

bump
Taking advantage of the topic, does anyone know how many decibels a High 6-A explosion would be?

I'm asking here because, as much as I've researched myself, I haven't found a formula to calculate this, at least not one that I understand.

You can convert Decibels into Watts using this calculator

then you can convert watts into joules with this calculator

if you want to find how much sound a specific level of energy deals.

Then you do the inverse

joules to watts

watts to deciebels

at least thats what i assume.

Last edited:
Back