• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Coolboy6

He/Him
Finally, an actually fair 9-A Deku matchup

Both 9-A, final act Deku used, speed equalized
Spider-Man:

Deku: 1

Spider-Man’s AP: .008 tons
Deku’s AP: above baseline

Last edited:
Interesting match up actually.

They're equal in AP/Dura, but Spidey has much better lifting strength, making his webs very useful. Conversely, everything Spidey can do, Deku can do and more. He matches, if not surpasses him in mobility due to Float and Blackwhip, and can even outspeed him by building up Fa Jin. They both have precognition, Spider Sense vs Danger Sense, that lets them read threats and dodge attacks, so there's going to be a lot of mid air acrobatics from both. Only ability from Deku that doesn't matter much is Smokescreen, which doesn't contribute to his fighting style anyway.

Tough battle for both honestly. They're both incredibly smart, have high stamina, immense willpower, are adaptable, similar stats and fighting styles (for a non OFA Deku at least).

I'd lean Deku though due to his sheer versatility. He will be getting constant stat amps from Fa Jin and has actual flight from Float. He'd be constantly switching up his tactics while fighting Spider-Man with his ridiculous Analytical Prediction. He can build up enough Kinetic Energy over the fight, which will be quite a long one between the two of them, that he can get plenty of big hits and sudden speed bursts to turn the scales in his favor. Danger Sense helps him avoid getting webbed up. Idk how this Peter's Spider Sense works, but Izuku's Danger Sense is permanently active, he can't turn it off if he wanted to. There's also the unknown factor of his last Quirk from the 2nd User, which could turn the tides heavily in his favor depending on what it is.

So for this matchup, I'm voting the future Number One due to versatility giving him the edge just enough to tip the fight in his favor.

They're equal in AP/Dura, but Spidey has much better lifting strength, making his webs very useful. Conversely, everything Spidey can do, Deku can do and more. He matches, if not surpasses him in mobility due to Float and Blackwhip, and can even outspeed him by building up Fa Jin.
How do all these abilities work, mechanically? I don't think just throwing terms helps much, Float just looks like crappy Flight and Blackwhip is just webs, cool, Spider-Man has that, but Class 25 so superior LS
Idk how this Peter's Spider Sense works, but Izuku's Danger Sense is permanently active, he can't turn it off if he wanted to.
Parker's Spider-Sense is permanently active in most relevant scenarios.
There's also the unknown factor of his last Quirk from the 2nd User, which could turn the tides heavily in his favor depending on what it is.
...are you like, theorizing new abilities here in the thread? ...don't do that

How do all these abilities work, mechanically? I don't think just throwing terms helps much, Float just looks like crappy Flight and Blackwhip is just webs, cool, Spider-Man has that, but Class 25 so superior LS

Parker's Spider-Sense is permanently active in most relevant scenarios.

...are you like, theorizing new abilities here in the thread? ...don't do that
You can read them on his page? But if you want a break down sure I guess? No need to say I’m just throwing terms? Float lets him suspend himself mid air and he uses Blackwhip to yank himself around. That matches Spidey in mobility, he doesn’t have to use it to restrain him, he’ll understand the LS difference and just focus on dodging while staying mid air. Fa Jin stores kinetic energy from him moving so he can have high bursts of strength and speed. So he will periodically become faster and stronger than Spidey since they are near equal in stats.

Ok

No, I’m stating a fact that has been echoed across several of Izuku’s threads that he literally has abilities we don’t know yet that might effect the match. It isn’t a theory, he has an unknown quirk. Are you trying to crucify that single sentence out of everything I listed BEFORE that about why I believe he can win?

You can read them on his page? But if you want a break down sure I guess? No need to say I’m just throwing terms? Float lets him suspend himself mid air and he uses Blackwhip to yank himself around. That matches Spidey in mobility
So now you've noted they're comparable in mobility, Deku isn't superior
he’ll understand the LS difference and just focus on dodging while staying mid air.
How?
Fa Jin stores kinetic energy from him moving so he can have high bursts of strength and speed. So he will periodically become faster and stronger than Spidey since they are near equal in stats.
Spider-Man has a good regen rate and great stamina, he can likely stay up pretty

"No, I’m stating a fact that has been echoed across several of Izuku’s threads that he literally has abilities we don’t know yet that might effect the match. It isn’t a theory, he has an unknown quirk."

Then this match shouldn't be done considering the result can very well become a stomp by the next issue or something.

" Are you trying to crucify that single sentence out of everything I listed BEFORE that about why I believe he can win?"

...Mate do you need to take a walk or something? I am asking basic ass questions here and noting bizarre shit when I see it

So now you've noted they're comparable in mobility, Deku isn't superior

How?

Spider-Man has a good regen rate and great stamina, he can likely stay up pretty

"No, I’m stating a fact that has been echoed across several of Izuku’s threads that he literally has abilities we don’t know yet that might effect the match. It isn’t a theory, he has an unknown quirk."

Then this match shouldn't be done considering the result can very well become a stomp by the next issue or something.

" Are you trying to crucify that single sentence out of everything I listed BEFORE that about why I believe he can win?"

...Mate do you need to take a walk or something? I am asking basic ass questions here and noting bizarre shit when I see it
For most of the time, yes, they’re comparable, but Deku can pull ahead briefly due to Fa Jin.

He understands the LS difference when he tries to grab Spidey with Blackwhip and it basically gets flexed off, or if he tries to yank him by a web and it does nothing.

I know Spidey can stay up for a long time, hence why the match is hard for both. Deku can fight for hours and will logically be getting more hits in since he can stat amp to make himself faster, I’m just arguing he can outlast Spidey enough to win.

I feel the match is pretty fair in its current state, but you’re correct it could be a stomp next week. So like several other threads, this can be postponed until that ability is known.

I mean, you came off as pretty hostile when you accused me of just throwing around terms and theorizing. Apologies if I became at least somewhat defensive.

For most of the time, yes, they’re comparable, but Deku can pull ahead briefly due to Fa Jin.
...Does Fa Jin affect non-movement speed actually
He understands the LS difference when he tries to grab Spidey with Blackwhip and it basically gets flexed off, or if he tries to yank him by a web and it does nothing.
Why can't Spider-Man web up Deku during either of these scenarios, they both seem like pretty blatant openings on him.
I feel the match is pretty fair in its current state, but you’re correct it could be a stomp next week. So like several other threads, this can be postponed until that ability is known.
I'll lock it then, redo this and the others when the ability is revealed
I mean, you came off as pretty hostile when you accused me of just throwing around terms and theorizing. Apologies if I became at least somewhat defensive.
...Basic statements don't automatically infer hostility. I'd very well prefer if this kinda heatedness remains off the wiki.

...Does Fa Jin affect non-movement speed actually

Why can't Spider-Man web up Deku during either of these scenarios, they both seem like pretty blatant openings on him.

I'll lock it then, redo this and the others when the ability is revealed

...Basic statements don't automatically infer hostility. I'd very well prefer if this kinda heatedness remains off the wiki.
What do you mean by “non-movement speed”?

Because Precognition.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back