• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Monster Hunter: Can become totally immune to electricity, and has AP advantage (Low 6-B+ vs Low 6-B). Since a lot of Cole's powers originate from his electricity, this effectively negates some of his powers. In a neutral battlefield, Hunter should be able to surpass Cole's regen as they do it to higher forms of regen relatively often, thus possibly nullifying his resurrection- this is further cemented by Fatalis Sickle. Dragon Element will heavily affect Cole, as Cole maintains "genius" intelligence. This may or may not interact with his powers too, making it more difficult for him to fight. Cole's soul may as well be toast, and his mind can be directly attacked, leading to the interesting scenario of being mindless and soulless. Several weapons can allow minor advantages to be had, such as those that force the enemy to sleep (paralysis is unlikely as it requires electricity).

Cole: Resurrection makes him nearly impossible to put down unless Hunter does something to circumvent that. Total invulnerability to electricity is temporary, but still has to surpass electricity resistance held by the armor (which can potentially negate most damage from such attacks). Forcefield creation means he can get a moment's rest. Attack reflection means any arrows or guns the Hunter use are effectively nullified. Maintains resistance to a fair amount of elemental attacks the Hunter has. Depending on which version we're talking about here, Cole may be able to absorb foes.

Verdict: I'm voting Hunter most times. Cole in character barrages foes with things the Hunter resists, whereas the Hunter has a good chance of opening with stuff Cole has nothing to counter. Cole has decent abilities but most of them revolve around electricity, which the Hunter can gain immense resistances to.

Why is RFI Cole being put against someone immune to electricity?

Also cole'svressurection is borderline non combat applicabke

He spams electricity more than anyone Hunter ever fought. It will bypass over time. Also Kirin is bit lower than that calc. It's hard for Hunter to approach him especially when his pods and guns are useless because of the blasts.

He's also weaker in AP then anyone Hunter fought and this form doesn't last long.

Wouldn't a second son character like Delsin be much more fair?

I mean

Delsin murders him. Quantum level matter manip and transmutation on that level makes this a stupidly easy victory. Hunter targeting the mind with attacks is their best hax aside from resistances and all that, so they get stomped into the ground in this case unless I'm missing something.

Transmutation is perfectly dodgeable and has no tracking

And if they have a way to win from using that it dethroned this from being a stomp

Most attacks are dodgeable, so all of Hunter's are dodgeable as well. Kinda nulls each other out.

If you say so, but "I can hit them" isn't really a way of keeping it from being a stomp. Delsin takes it incredibly easy because Hunter lacks most hax, unless we are very generous with their abilities (Fatalis Sickle + Sleep Manip + etc) but with the range advantage on Delsin, there's literally no chance for Hunter to win.

Is it? He outranges and outhaxes, the only arguable advantage for the Hunter is a sizable chunk for AP. Hunters' best abilities are resisting a lot of basic attacks.

If you've got a way for my Hunter boye to win, let me know. But I'm not seeing it.

None of Hunters abilities are TK or Thought based? That's odd I could have sworn it was the opposite.

I mean being able to win with certain abilities that make contact is still more fair than matches that revolve around regen like Ryuko or Alex

Nah, Hunter's passives are stuff related to the armor- nothing hostile, just resistances and basic abilities like limited prob manip.

I didn't say passoves though, thought based stuff is like I said, thought based or TK attacks that affect the person without being the form of a projectile

Passives are always active

I just thought that's what you were implying.

No, Hunter doesn't have thought based attacks (as in, activated via thought). Their best hax in these matches is probably Dragon Element, which targets the mind and deals more damage to an enemy the more intelligent they are. It also prevents powers from being used via Elderseal.

But that doesn't matter since we're starting from 4km and Delsin has all the range advantages in the world.

Range alone isn't what makes this a stomp. MH just doesn't have the same hax and doesn't resist the brunt of the abilities Delsin has like they did to Cole.

Hunter resists electricity, even without the Thunderproof Mantle. Hunter does not resist being atomized from an insane range. Or even at a close range.

Hunter's bext abilities here are Dragon Element, Fatalis Sickle, Soul Destroying, and maybe even Ghillie Mantle.

• Dragon Element targets the mind and does more damage versus more intelligent foes. Considering how intelligent Delsin is, this means it will harm him- a lot. Not so much that it is one shot, but a lot more than usual. It also prevents powers from being used within a certain radius of Hunter via Elderseal.
  • Fatalis Sickle negates Regenerationn completely.
  • With melee attacks, Hunter is able to destroy the soul.
  • Ghillie Mantle makes the Hunter essentially undetectable by the five senses. It can be donned and the enemy immediately loses track of the target. This might be the crux of the argument for the Hunter.
Delsin one-shots pretty easily, however.

• Transmutation allows him to just turn the Hunter into literal energy
  • He can destroy the Hunter on a quantum level
  • Time Manip and stasis and all that leave Hunter helpless
  • Petrification is also going to instant-defeat Hunter
The only arguable defense here is that Ghillie Mantle allows Hunter to sneak up on Rowe and soul-destroy him.

@Reinhard Unless we're starting at VERY close range, then we're not gonna be using that. I get we can lessen range, but Elderseal is very close. If the Hunter can get within Elderseal range, it becomes a lot less of a stomp to the point where Hunter probably wins if only based on the intelligence of Delsin, since it scales to that.

Changed the range. Also Hunter has a f**kton of skills that gives him the edge on close. Divine Blessing, Evade Extender, Evade Window, Flinch Free, Focus, Guard Up, Intimidator, Latent Power, Mind's Eye, Part Breaker, Slugger, Stamina Thief, Stealth, Weakness Exploit, not to mention all of the charms he has and WAY better combat experience.

At 5 meters? Hunter wins. Elder seal mixed with other abilities makes Delsin unable to conclusively win. At, say, 100 meters+, Delsin takes it except with the possible exception of Hunter via Ghillie Mantle.

50m should still work. Hunter can get in Elderseal range from that point, and at that point Delsin loses. Hunter takes it 6-7/10.

Mr. Bambu said:
50m should still work. Hunter can get in Elderseal range from that point, and at that point Delsin loses. Hunter takes it 6-7/10.
Neon Transfer works from that range as well. On top of atomization though

50m is not far from elderseal range. It works throughout Xeno'jiiva's boss arena, which is about that size. Ghillie mantle allows Hunter to be undetected for some time as well.

I still vote Hunter at this range.

I could say the exact thing for Delsin tho.

At this distance, he can wave his hand and absorb the atoms of Hunters body, or suffocate with Smoke.

And being undetected is a bad idea as Delsins senses can tell invisible people

Yob may be right, though. Might be a stomp.

Elderseal doesn't null all, but it typically targets the haxiest of an enemies' abilities while leaving them with stuff like Energy Projection, for whatever reason.

I'm gonna say that if range is short, Hunter wins with ridiculous ease, whereas at long range, Hunter becomes atoms.

Back