• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Deltarune: Minor Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Let's make it short given that is not too damn lenghty.

Civilization Profiles additions

So, Undertale has as civilization profiles the Underground and Humanity, and Deltarune had nothing. So I took this fact as injustice, and made the same for Deltarune:
  • Card Kingdom (I know it's an unofficial name, but it's widely accepted in the fandom to the point both this wiki and the Deltarune wiki use it in lack of a canon one)
  • Cyber World
If there are issues with these profiles or simply stuff to add/fix don't hesistate to tell me.

Jevil, Spamton and Kris get 4th Wall Awareness

Right, I don't get why these three don't have it, because... it's literally the whole point of their character. Let's start with Jevil.

He was a normal court jester, until he met a "strange someone" who warped his view on the world, to the point of him seeing the world as a game, and everyone as its participants, with Jevil even saying that he is the only free one, with the world around him being a prison.

About Spamton instead (given he is the main point of this argument), he is aware of Kris having lost control of their life because of the Player, and even relates himself to them given that his whole plan was to get the NEO body at all costs in order to gain freedom and free himself from these "strings", even saying to Kris that both of them can become "big" if they agreed to his plan, and Spamton saying after the fight that the Delta Warriors maybe can break their own strings. This is also supported from the fact that Kris, unlike Susie and Ralsei, was clearly affected from Spamton getting his strings cut and falling to the ground because of it.

Plus literally the fact that both of Spamton and Jevil have as favor text "the air crackles with freedom" and share the same leitmotif in THE WORLD REVOLVING and BIG SHOT too.

Kris should also get it, as the reason is beyond obvious at this point, given that they very openly oppose the Player's control, showcased from the fact that when Kris takes away their soul from their body, is still possible to control said soul with the controls, if you look at the birdcage.

Besides, Chara and Flowey have both 4th wall awareness because of them talking directly to the Player, so why not.

Edit: @ZillertheBucko did bring a good point below, as King and Queen are both definitely aware of what the is the Light World, due to the following factors:
Ergo Spamton and Jevil must be aware of something beyond both the Light World and Dark World, given that simply being aware of the Light World is something not that extraordinary (like Swatch mentioning that the NEO body was made from "a Lightner's dream"), with that something being the Player's world with the information we have right now.

Last edited:
Right, I don't get why these three don't have it, because... it's literally the whole point of their character.
This has been rejected two or three times already, and for good reason. I think you're missing the point, they aren't breaking the 4th wall, they're flirting with it. This is a major theme of both Undertale and Deltarune.

The Player is a character in-universe, so Kris knowing about them isn't 4th wall breaking. Same thing with SAVE/RESET mechanics in Undertale, people remembering between them isn't a 4th wall break because it's a power in-universe

Same with Jevil and Spamton. Jevil doesn't claim to be in a video game, his worldview is just that life is a game. He and Spamton are also just kinda insane anyway

Do we still give Jevil the hax when he learned it from someone?
Which was?
This has been rejected two or three times already, and for good reason.
No?
I think you're missing the point, they aren't breaking the 4th wall, they're flirting with it. This is a major theme of both Undertale and Deltarune.
My guy, it's literally the same thing, they're aware of their fictionality. This is what is needed for get this.
The Player is a character in-universe, so Kris knowing about them isn't 4th wall breaking.
Chara and Flowey currently have this for this exact reason.
Same thing with SAVE/RESET mechanics in Undertale, people remembering between them isn't a 4th wall break because it's a power in-universe
This is kinda a false equivalence, as SAVE is just treated as a power but not a meta thing in-verse unlike with like DDLC. But this is a case where the characters are aware of the player, they do have 4th wall awareness.

anyways Ralsei had 4th wall awareness accepted for having knowledge of game mechanics
simply proceed with giving Spamton and Jevil it as well, since they're pretty blatant cases

Yes! it was also talked about here and here (though the last one was me refuting it based on the previous two)

My guy, it's literally the same thing, they're aware of their fictionality. This is what is needed for get this.
They aren't aware. Jevil sees life as a game, he doesn't see his reality as a video game. The Player is a character in-universe, no 4th wall is being broken here

Chara and Flowey currently have this for this exact reason.
Chara has it for other reasons (knowingly speaking directly to the Player, though I have problems with this as well), Flowey had his removed from the looks of things

SAVE is just treated as a power but not a meta thing in-verse
The player is treated as a character and not just a meta thing in-verse

anyways Ralsei had 4th wall awareness accepted for having knowledge of game mechanics
Ralsei mentions a button on your controller, which is a much more obvious 4th wall break than Jevil (an insane person) saying that he sees life as a game

Yes! it was also talked about here and here (though the last one was me refuting it based on the previous two)
Appeal to Authority. The 1st is from Eficiente, who literally was proven multiple times wrong about Undertale/Deltarune things, and was just throwing random assumptions on what Jevil/Spamton meant, which I clarified.

Second is Charmander (Lolololololol), which already explains itself.

Also did you just use yourself for the 3rd?
Chara has it for other reasons (knowingly speaking directly to the Player, though I have problems with this as well), Flowey had his removed from the looks of things
What the ****. Yeah, Flowey should have it given we literally accept Flowey talking to the Player in the Note section of the Player.
The player is treated as a character and not just a meta thing in-verse
You know it does not matter, right? The DDLC Player is also a in-verse character but Monika still has 4th wall awareness for talking to them.

Last edited:
universally accepted deltarune and undertale lore
vs
vsb standards saying "there's not enough proof that flowey has 4th wall awareness"
who wins

Let's make it short given that is not too damn lenghty.

Civilization Profiles additions

So, Undertale has as civilization profiles the Underground and Humanity, and Deltarune had nothing. So I took this fact as injustice, and made the same for Deltarune:
  • Card Kingdom (I know it's an unofficial name, but it's widely accepted in the fandom to the point both this wiki and the Deltarune wiki use it in lack of a canon one)
  • Cyber World
If there are issues with these profiles or simply stuff to add/fix don't hesistate to tell me.

Jevil, Spamton and Kris get 4th Wall Awareness

Right, I don't get why these three don't have it, because... it's literally the whole point of their character. Let's start with Jevil.

He was a normal court jester, until he met a "strange someone" who warped his view on the world, to the point of him seeing the world as a game, and everyone as its participants, with Jevil even saying that he is the only free one, with the world around him being a prison.

About Spamton instead (given he is the main point of this argument), he is aware of Kris having lost control of their life because of the Player, and even relates himself to them given that his whole plan was to get the NEO body at all costs in order to gain freedom and free himself from these "strings", even saying to Kris that both of them can become "big" if they agreed to his plan, and Spamton saying after the fight that the Delta Warriors maybe can break their own strings. This is also supported from the fact that Kris, unlike Susie and Ralsei, was clearly affected from Spamton getting his strings cut and falling to the ground because of it.

Plus literally the fact that both of Spamton and Jevil have as favor text "the air crackles with freedom" and share the same leitmotif in THE WORLD REVOLVING and BIG SHOT too.

Kris should also get it, as the reason is beyond obvious at this point.

Besides, Chara and Flowey have both 4th wall awareness because of them talking directly to the Player, so why not.
"Civilization Profile Additions"

Sure. No reason why not. Also I'm surprised to see humans with a page finally. I made a couple CRT'S in the far past but they died quickly.

"4th Wall Awareness"

Iffy for Jevil and Spamton. It's entirely plausible that their extension of awareness extends to the specific realm they reside in, which is implied to be a game of its own within Deltarune as a game. We're still not sure if the Dark World is actually real and exists on the same plane as Kris and co., and they just travel to it in a literal sense, or if it's fictional to them, which has been very heavily implied. The main issue is that it's more implied that Spamton's desire to be free extended to reaching the Lightworld and transcending the Dark World, not becoming a real being in literal real life. It's really iffy, and at least warrants a "likely", if they did get it solidly though, that would be fine too. I do think they are fully in 4th Wall Awareness, it's just the matter of debatable evidence.

Kris 1000% has 4th Wall Awareness. They are clearly very aware of their entire situation, only unknown is what they think of it, but it seems they are greatly disturbed by their knowledge, however Kris plays along anyways. But yeah definitely has 4th Wall Awareness.

"Civilization Profile Additions"

Sure. No reason why not. Also I'm surprised to see humans with a page finally. I made a couple CRT'S in the far past but they died quickly.

"4th Wall Awareness"

Iffy for Jevil and Spamton. It's entirely plausible that their extension of awareness extends to the specific realm they reside in, which is implied to be a game of its own within Deltarune as a game. We're still not sure if the Dark World is actually real and exists on the same plane as Kris and co., and they just travel to it in a literal sense, or if it's fictional to them, which has been very heavily implied. The main issue is that it's more implied that Spamton's desire to be free extended to reaching the Lightworld and transcending the Dark World, not becoming a real being in literal real life. It's really iffy, and at least warrants a "likely", if they did get it solidly though, that would be fine too. I do think they are fully in 4th Wall Awareness, it's just the matter of debatable evidence.

Kris 1000% has 4th Wall Awareness. They are clearly very aware of their entire situation, only unknown is what they think of it, but it seems they are greatly disturbed by their knowledge, however Kris plays along anyways. But yeah definitely has 4th Wall Awareness.
I don’t think Freedom™️ has anything to do with the dark world and light world. Even Queen and King are fully aware that they were only made into reality by the knight creating the dark world, and Spamton and Jevil are most certainly on a higher level of awareness than them.

Queen does legit mention Light World stuff ye. So their awareness much extend to something beyond that as well.

I don’t think Freedom™️ has anything to do with the dark world and light world. Even Queen and King are fully aware that they were only made into reality by the knight creating the dark world, and Spamton and Jevil are most certainly on a higher level of awareness than them.
Good point.

The Civilization profiles profiles for the Card Kingdom and Cyber World look great.

The 4th Wall Awareness ability is so utterly shit and pointless I couldn't even care less if they have it.

The Civilization profiles profiles for the Card Kingdom and Cyber World look great.

The 4th Wall Awareness ability is so utterly shit and pointless I couldn't even care less if they have it.
All facts. 4th Wall Awareness is like, literally the most worthless ability listed on the website in regards to capabilities, especially combat abilities.

But for accuracy's sake, I think it's fine. Though tbh I think there should either be two types of 4th Wall Awareness or that it should be listed as "Limited" in some cases. Being aware of one's own fictional existence in general can't be treated the same way as how Rick literally knows about the various episodes he is apart of, different seasons, and etc..

Though tbh I think there should either be two types of 4th Wall Awareness or that it should be listed as "Limited" in some cases
That's more your own standard though. Because 4th wall awareness is just... knowing you're a fictional being and nuff else.

That's more your own standard though. Because 4th wall awareness is just... knowing you're a fictional being and nuff else.
Yes but knowing you're a fictional being and knowing the exact details of yourself as a fictional being are two different things.

That's just the degree of it. In fact the bar is very low.

In most works of fiction, the fourth wall is intact, that is, the characters do not acknowledge the existence of an audience or that they themselves are part of a fictional work.

It does not need this really high ends you're mentioning lmao.

That's just the degree of it. In fact the bar is very low.

In most works of fiction, the fourth wall is intact, that is, the characters do not acknowledge the existence of an audience or that they themselves are part of a fictional work.

It does not need this really high ends you're mentioning lmao.
There are A LOT of things on the wiki that are not needed, they're there for the purpose of detail and pure accuracy.

There are A LOT of things on the wiki that are not needed, they're there for the purpose of detail and pure accuracy.
This is just being overly nitpicky rn. Characters get a full 4th wall awareness because of simply being aware of being fictional and that's it. We don't need Deadpool/Monika degrees of this, these are YOUR standards, not the wiki's.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back