• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Demon Slayer (Kimetsu no Yaiba) Discussion Thread #4

Schnee One said:
I don't get why the idea of Muzan not being truely brace or "A man" by his definition is new

Seriously, this is the same guy who ran away from Yoriichi when he was in a battle he was going to lose in.
Pointing this out once again as it's relevant.

Muzan has been portrayed as someone who will do anything to live no matter how weak minded or pathetic it may be, him begging Tanjiro not to leave him isn't out of character for someone that ran away when he was in the one fight he might not win

At least that's the one time in a while in shounen when we got a villain with actual flaws and who doesn't always win outside the fight with main character, and the loss of men in that fight was still heavy.

Muzan fight reminded me of the final battle with Dio in Stardust Crusaders, except Muzan killed a lot more people

Muzan reminds me of Otsdarva from Armored Core tbh. Albeit less smart and cunning but still about as flawed

Which Dragon hasn't read reeeeee

I find it ironic how Muzan saw himself as above humans when in fact he has the most human based flaws in the series. Which is a bit of irony I will discuss in my breakdown.

Feats Tanjirou did throught the entire series

• Learned and near mastered the Breath of the Sun in less than a year
  • Reached and surpassed the Pillar levels of strength in less than 3 years
  • Was the first Demon Slayer in 100 years to defeat an Upper Moon
  • Was the first Demon Slayer to unlock a Demon Mark within his generation
  • Was the first Demon Slayer to unlock the See-Through World within his generation
  • Was the first Demon Slayer to find and meet Muzan Kibutsuji in a very long time
  • Was the first Demon Slayer to ever defeat Akaza in one on one combat
  • Fought against Muzan and was the one who ultimately defeated him
  • As a Demon, he gained Sun Resistance and Immunity to Decapitation
  • He fought off Muzan's influence and became a human again with help
And this is why Tanjirou is the strongest human

Btw, real question, if Muzan was so strong to be able to literally be able to destroy the entire Demon Slayer corps (something he got very close at even when weakened)... Why has he never done that before the final arc?

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I said strongest human, Yoriichi is clearly an inhuman monster that's strength is a freak accident
There's that one statement where he "transcends the laws of the world" or something. Idk why I found that pretty funny.

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I said strongest human, Yoriichi is clearly an inhuman monster that's strength is a freak accident
Well, if I could destroy almost effortlessly my entire verse I wouldn't consider myself fully human either

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
Feats Tanjirou did throught the entire series
So good job as a high rank tier 8 character. How many haxes and skills does he get at the moment? (He is awesome regardless but some cliche people have been moaning about protagonists having to live every single time)

I'd rather have the protagonist live till the end if I'm being honest. Endings don't need to be on the darker or bittersweet side all the time

They rarely are on the dark and bittersweet side though, let's be honest

And IMO, while I don't mind happy endings, if you're going to tell what is affectively a war story, a bittersweet ending is by far the best one for it.

^agree,

i dont mind MCs surviving but if the series has so many people sacrifice themselfes for the goal and the MC suviving doesnt add anything to the story, than i would have preferred the MC dying, its a nice way to end the series and give it the extra effect of showing how hard of a battle the goal of the chars was.

Personally im not really that happy with the ending of this series, its not the worst but i wont call it something i really enjoyed, it was ok-ish.

I mean, most of the characters involved in that fight either died or came out crippled. And the story itself actually uses Tanjirou's survival to hammer home a separate point entirely, all this sacrifice and loss was worth it.

Still bittersweet in my eyes.

We lost 6 prominent characters in the final arc, 3 of which were killed by Muzan, I don't see how Tanjirou living somehow means there were no stakes or consequences, I think people always complain too much about character deaths, it's never enough apparently...

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
We lost 6 prominent characters in the final arc, 3 of which were killed by Muzan, I don't see how Tanjirou living somehow means there were no stakes or consequences, I think people always complain too much about character deaths, it's never enough apparently...
Honestly, I agree with this a lot. Why is it that it feels like everyone needs to die?

Also Epicchev, that's what fanfics are for

Demon Slayer did a Collab with Monster Strike, they make really clean renders for anime's they collab with

Okay, new chapter was nice. They fixed one of the apparent plotholes and wrapped up everything nicely. Really good, especially the last panel...

I like how the story is wrapping everything up, concluding everyone's stories and yet it's still not rushed, I do wonder what next chapter will be like, we're fast forwarding to the modern era, which is a bit jarring, maybe we'll get adult or old man Tanjirou along with his family for an epilogue

DemonGodMitchAubin said:
I like how the story is wrapping everything up, concluding everyone's stories and yet it's still not rushed, I do wonder what next chapter will be like, we're fast forwarding to the modern era, which is a bit jarring, maybe we'll get adult or old man Tanjirou along with his family for an epilogue
I was actually thinking about a second "season", actually. Inb4 It decides to take the JoJo approach with Parts

I actually wouldn't be mad about that^

If there was another part with Demon Slayers in the future dealing with a completely new Demon Threat

Back