• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destiny Guardian Causality Manipulation & Acausality

As Oryx was recently looked at for Acausality changes, I decided to look at some of the recent feats in Forsaken for the Guardians.

Those who know some information in the lore are aware that the Dreaming City which is a important location in the solar system is currently caught inside a causal loop thanks to the work of a Taken Vex, Quria and Savathun one of the major Hive Gods like Oryx.

Every three weeks, the Dreaming City becomes more and more corrupted until after the apex it resets back to the status it was before. This has in verse implications of empowering Savathun, but most importantly the Guardians are the only ones who can take action to prevent the loop and save the Awoken. This is done because the Light is known to have "paracausal" interactions with the world. The Forsaken evidence is shown below.

asudeM Lore Card

Furthermore, the Aegis that Kabr created with his Light within the Vault of Glass is integral to preventing Atheon from using his Causality Manipulation and Fate Manipulation to instantly win during his raid.

Relic:The Aegis Lore Card

Guardians aren't the only beings to have these powers either. Other civilizations in the Books of Sorrow that Oryx stomped out also were stated to be using paracausal weapons as well.

XVI: The Sword Logic Lore Card

Thus, I think it's appropriate that Guardians by nature of being wielders of the Light have abilities such as Causality Manipulation and Acausality (Type 4) added. Thoughts or concerns on this?

I think the PC when we eventually make that can get type 5, but I would say type 4 is fine as a default guardian ability. Scans from my thread also establish the light as not abiding by regular causality.

Not sure about manipulation for everybody, but i'd have to look more into it.

The causality manipulation would be from the weapons correct?

I agree with guardians having type 4 and the PC possibly having type 5 acausality.

From their weapons, yeah @WYNAUT.

I'm fairly certain that the point of all these civilizations in the past of the Books of Sorrow are there to draw parallels to the current Guardians as we are the latest wielders of the Light of the Traveller.

The reason that I said manipulation as well is because "paracausal" as a term implies both being able to control causality and existing outside of it.

If we don't want to add it because it's not well explained for everyone that's fine, but I think there's enough evidence that it's a byproduct of using The Light itself which every Guardian has.

I think of it the same way we think of the Demiurge powers that every race has.

Back