• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destiny Revision: Arc and Solar

As the title says this thread is for revising the Arc and Solar elements. At the moment Arc and Solar are listed as Electricity Manipulation and Fire Manipulation respectively and although that isn't wrong, it isn't all these elements do.

I also want to make clear that although the basis is the same, Arc and Solar Light don't convey the same abilities as other Arc and Solar abilities and weapons.

Arc
The basis of the Arc elements seems to be electromagnetism.

It is used to manipulate electricity.

Arc Light is connected to fundamental forces and electromagnetism is a fundamental force.

Arc Light is capable of fission and one of the ways to accomplish fission is electromagnetic fission.

Here a Warlock is able to interact with magnetic fields.

I propose that any Arc weapons and abilities get the the following abilities: Electricity Manipulation and Magnetism Manipulation + any abilities specific to the weapon/ability.

And that Arc Light gets: Electricity Manipulation, Magnetism Manipulation, Energy Manipulation (since Arc sometimes is used as raw enery rather than electricity) and Matter Manipulation (Atomic) (due to this and being able to induce fissio)

Solar
The basis of Solar seems to be heat/energy on a miniscule level of existence.

Solar Light is connected to quanta.

Here a Guardian uses Solar Light to create heat.

Line rifles, which are Solar weapons, shoot particle jets.

Now I could link more, but most of it just comes down to the manipulation of heat and fire, which already seemed fairly obvious.

I propose that Solar weapons and abilities get the following abilities: Heat Manipulation and Energy Manipulation + any abilities specific to the weapon/ability.

And that Solar Light gets: Heat Manipulation, Energy Manipulation, Fire Manipulation and Quantum Manipulation (due to manipulating Quanta and if that isn't enough for Quantum Manipulation I'd argue for Macro-Quantum Matter Manipulation)

Yeah, but I wouldn't say this is quantum manipulation.

The universe is defined by fundamental forces. Energy is carried by quanta, tiny messengers of change. In the understanding of these messengers lies the secret of Solar Light

it's just saying in order to truly understand solar light you must understand Quanta. if this is enough sure, not totally against it.

Well the fact that they need to look at quanta would imply that Solar Light operates and affects reality at that level of existence. But the primary reason I propose quantum manipulation is that for Arc it says "and in the study of this binding lies the secret of Arc Light", in which the binding refers to electromagnetism. And in Void it says "In the understanding of this vacuum lies the secret of Void Light", in which the vacuum refers to the quantum vacuum. As it turns out Arc does indeed manipulate electromagnetism and Void quantum vacuums, so logically Solar would then manipulate these tiny messengers AKA quanta.

I think that refers more to the fact that Guardians with Arc Light can manipulate electrons as they see fit, because of which charge and chance no longer dictate the behaviour of electrons.

I think the changes, including the quantum thing, are fine.

Back