• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Destroying a fraction of time itself

Chariot190

Day 132 of working on MGS
VS Battles
Calculation Group
Bronze Supporter
What do we consider destroying a fraction of time itself from the timeline?
I'm not talking about King Crimson before any of you get any funny ideas, completely different shit.

Low 2-C is the whole timeline, so it can't be that, but destroying a chunk of time itself from the timeline would be what then? High 3-A? Assuming it's universal in scale of course.
So would that be low 2-C despite technically not qualifying? High 3-A despite over qualifying? I think we treated that as High 3-A before but I'm unsure. Any answers would be appreciated.

We did treat it as High 3-A once until that got axed completely.

Technically speaking you're still destroying uncountably infinite snapshots of a 3-dimensional universe even if you just nuke like 15 minutes, which would be a Low 2-C feat. But at the same time, you're not destroying an entire timeline or large 4-dimensional space so it can't be Tier 2. Honestly, it entirely depends on its presentation as a feat. "At least 3-A, likely Low 2-C" maybe? It's a pretty nebulous feat that's more indicative of the limitations of our tiering system than anything.

Ok what about this.
Say we have Goku, and he literally uses some explosion technique to blow up time itself, not all of it, but straight up obliterate a chunk of time off the timeline, straight up, that timeframe no longer even exists because he blew it up.

Note, I am not talking about Goku, but everyone knows ki blasts go brrr and explode, something like that I guess?

It's the same problem in that it simultaneously meets the requirements for Low 2-C but also doesn't qualify. Honestly, that's more of a quirk of Tier 2/1 than anything overtly wrong with the feat.

Tbh low 2-C feels off to me, i don't remember any verse treating universe and timeline busting as different, or at least with a infinite difference, usually it is used to sell the point that this is the end of that universe and time travel wouldn't work and stuff

Would it work if we treat any timeframe destruction as low 2-C and timeline busting as infinitely above baseline?

Tbh low 2-C feels off to me, i don't remember any verse treating universe and timeline busting as different, or at least with a infinite difference, usually it is used to sell the point that this is the end of that universe and time travel wouldn't work and stuff
I mean this does go for most things above Tier 3. A lot of them don't emphasize on the gap even if they don't have anti-feats or anything of the sort.
Would it work if we treat any timeframe destruction as low 2-C and timeline busting as infinitely above baseline?
Not quite since there's not really a quantitative difference between either case. Both are uncountably infinite 3-dimensional universes being destroyed and multiplying a fraction by a countable infinity brings about as much change as multiplying 2-A by a countable infinity i.e. none at all.

Well at the very least, what would we call this in regards to range?
That's a tad more important atm for what I'm putting together.
w̵h̵a̵t̵ ̵I̵'̵m̵ ̵t̵h̵i̵n̵k̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵o̵f̵ ̵d̵o̵e̵s̵n̵'̵t̵ ̵e̵v̵e̵n̵ ̵s̵c̵a̵l̵e̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵t̵h̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵a̵n̵d̵ ̵i̵s̵ ̵E̵D̵ ̵a̵t̵ ̵b̵e̵s̵t̵ ̵a̵n̵y̵w̵a̵y̵ ̵
̵N̵o̵ ̵i̵t̵'̵s̵ ̵s̵t̵i̵l̵l̵ ̵n̵o̵t̵ ̵K̵i̵n̵g̵ ̵C̵r̵i̵m̵s̵o̵n̵,̵ ̵d̵o̵n̵'̵t̵ ̵l̵o̵o̵k̵ ̵t̵o̵ ̵d̵e̵e̵p̵ ̵i̵n̵t̵o̵ ̵t̵h̵e̵ ̵f̵a̵c̵t̵ ̵i̵t̵'̵s̵ ̵m̵e̵ ̵a̵s̵k̵i̵n̵g̵

I mean this does go for most things above Tier 3. A lot of them don't emphasize on the gap even if they don't have anti-feats or anything of the sort.

Not quite since there's not really a quantitative difference between either case. Both are uncountably infinite 3-dimensional universes being destroyed and multiplying a fraction by a countable infinity brings about as much change as multiplying 2-A by a countable infinity i.e. none at all.
Well at least multiple universes and higher dimensions tend to use numbers to show superiority, while spacetime just, idk

Do we consider timelines to be eternal by default, like destroying the future means destroying infinite time?

Do we consider timelines to be eternal by default, like destroying the future means destroying infinite time?
Not sure. Though I suppose it doesn't matter anyway, whether the amount of time destroyed is finite or not.

Back