• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Devil May Cry: Supporting Feats and Integration

"Has many of the feats listed here, fought almost toe-to-toe with Sparda Dannte, and is stated as equal to Argosax."

Slight spelling error

We should get the blog evaluated and, if accepted, update the profiles with these feats.

We should probably add a "Void Mundus" key.

• Mundus: Universe level (Killed Pluto, who had originally separated the Human World and the Demon World, and then fused both of those universes together into one again. His defeat threatened to collapse the Demon World, a universe much larger than our own. Was stated to rival The Despair Embodied in power. Fought with Sparda in the distant past, and then later went almost toe-to-toe with Sparda Trigger Dante upon his resurrection), Universe level as Void Mundus (More powerful than his main timeline counterpart. Embodied a void that supplied all of the dark energy contained within the Demon World, with said dark energy having created the universe as well as distorted it upon approach to it)
  • Sparda: (Separated the Demon World from the Human World and sealed it. Singlehandedly defeated Mundus and the Devil Army. Defeated and sealed Argosax while only one or two thirds of his power were available to him with help from the Vie de Marli clan)

The blog looks very solid and backed. So if I am right there are 8 Universal feats on Devil May Cry, not counting Mundus's dimension feat, which, by the way, is now more backed than ever. The guidebook outright calls it a Space belonging to the Demon Emperor (Mundus) and differentiates it from the throne room, meaning it is indeed a dimension, and it also treats all of that as solid in description of the battle, stating that once Mundus and Dante can no longer fly they clash into a Lake of Fire and that Mundus transmutates the matter floating around it to use against Dante. To add to that now we have a shitton of other Universal feats to support it, meaning it is no longer an outlier at all.

Adding Mundus's feat onto the mix we would get 2 more feats, considering the dimension was shown to collapse upon his defeat, meaning the 2 feats would be;

• Mundus creating it.
  • Him passively maintaining its existence.
And then to add to this, there is a new potential Universal feat on DMC5 belonging to the Qliphoth. Upon Urizen summoning it to our world with Yamato it is alluded multiple times that it is warping the Human World and potentially pulling it into the Underworld,

There is also Gilver's nexus on the DMC1 novel to take into account.

That document is recounting one of many human records on the legend of Sparda, as revealed by the full thing. It is a composie of many different human versions of the same tale As stated both by DMC5 itself and on the history video, the story of Sparda faded to legend and the actual facts behind it were forgetten by the humans saved by him, and, as exemplified by any real-life legend, it tends to get distorted with the passage of time. Not to mention the fact that Devil May Cry itself makes it a point that humans distort the real view of things often to their own desire. Just as shown on DMC3 itself, where Lady tells the audience that Sparda was weakened because his "power got trapped on the other side" after he sealed the Demon World, when we know from the unbiased game description that this is wrong; Sparda just sealed his own power because he feared growing too strong.

Regardless, we know this single of the many records available to Sparda's tale can't be trusted, since it contradicts many different established plot points.

1. Mundus using the Temen-ni-Gru to conquer the Human World; this is contradicted chiefly by the narrator on DMC3, both in the manga and in the game. Mundus was responsible with his own powers for reuniting both worlds. He didn't use an already-existing portal built by humans.

2. The key to unlocking the Temen-ni-Gru being Sparda's sword; blatantly false, since it is stated (and shown, since Arkham is outright seen using both) on DMC3 itself that the two amulets Sparda sealed are the key to opening the gateway to reach the Demon World. The sword is actually the key to ensuring the seal that Sparda placed on the Underworld isn't undone, as stated by the Omniscient Narrator of the DMC5 history video; and Arkham knew this.

The whole "portal" argument immediately falls apart with this narrator statement:

• "Arkham, a man bent on obtaining demonic power, knew that unlocking Sparda's power would weaken the seal on the underworld."
Considering Arkham's whole goal was to re-erect the Temen-ni-Gru in order to travel to the Demon World, and the proceed to unlock Sparda's power by taking the Force Edge, this statement makes absolutely no sense if one assumes it's referring to the Temen-ni-Gru.

So this really doesn't contradict any evidence.

By the way, if the Mundus dimension is accepted, and I don't see any reason why it shouldn't be, I think we could upgrade travel speed too.

Dante flew to a nearby planet in the dimension in 4 seconds, Mundus following suit. Said planet had a volcano in it. Basing the calculations on the Solar System, the closest planet to Earth with a volcano is Venus, which is quite factually a living Hell Planet with how full to the brim it is with rivers of lava (just like the one Dante and Mundus landed on). Not only that, the sky on Venus matches with the sky of the planet Dante and Mundus landed on after their fall, so I feel very safe about using Venus, which is, on average, 40 million kilometers away.

• 40,000,000km / 5 seconds = 25x FTL
However, since this was done by Base Dante in the process of transforming, it could be argued to be an outlier, so we should prolly use Mundus instead.

• 40,000,000km / 20 seconds = 6.6x FTL
And this is definitely not an outlier, considering the next best general feat is a Relativistic+ attack speed feat from a Sealed-Statue Mundus, who is obviously vastly weaker than Mundus while released and transformed, with the majority of his power being capped by Sparda's seal on him, and the next best general combat/reactions feat is the calculated Relativistic result from Base Dante dodging said attack.

And the next best feat after both of those is a Sub-Relativistic attack from Sidgail. To boot, said Sub-Rel attack was relatively passive, since it came from the portal he opened with his power.

I'm pretty sure that wasn't a planet and just a platform created by Mundus according to the guidebook (I don't have the scan anymore so you will have to take my word )

Nope. Nothing like that is stated. Just states that they land on a lake of fire/volcanic area (since the very fight section is named "Volcanic Mundus"), with Dante and Mundus landing on different locations, and that Mundus uses the stuff in it to attack Dante and to his advantage. Nothing about Mundus creating it.

Well, he obviously did create it, but it says nothing about "a platform"

Do you have scans of the guidebook for proof?Not because I don't necessarily believe you but this is something that I'm %1000 sure exist.Like how you know you're brain wouldn't make up something like this type of thing

The one before isn't even about the volcano, so listing it is a waste of time.

http://prntscr.com/np21ch

http://prntscr.com/np21l1

Nothing about it being a platform area.

Considering the context, assuming it is a planet is just standard. Both Mundus and Dante are clearly on neutral outer space area, since you can see there is no curvature nor anything below either of them when the camera focus on Dante's face and you see the dark space down below. Just more stars.

Then they fly away towards space, and seconds later we clearly see a cloudline above them, and then they keep circling that same area and eventually fall towards solid ground, and what is described as a lake of lava/fire near a rocky area.

The low-end is that they flew to nearest planet with a volcano, which, assuming an Earth system like we do for every other verse out there, means they flew to a Venus-like planet on Mundus's dimension

It is pretty clearly meant to be an interplanetary flight, IMO.

I wanted the page before just to have it because I'm collecting scans.Although I agree with mostly what you're saying, is using that method to get a speed allowed or accepted?

What do you mean? Of course. This requires no leaps in logic, and is the same as any average speed calc. Why wouldn't it be accepted?

Pluto is the one that separated the two worlds, so since Mundus overthrowed him it's easy to assume he wanted to re-unite them.

WindGodAcheron said:
What do you mean? Of course. This requires no leaps in logic, and is the same as any average speed calc. Why wouldn't it be accepted?
I'm not exactly familiar with calcs at all but this seems like something that wouldn't be accepted by the standards of the wiki.But if you believe this to be acceptable then I would put it in a blog and have it evaluated, if it gets accepted then that's great.

By the way, slightly unrelated topic.

We know Sparda sealed his power inside the Sparda Sword, but with the advent of DMC5, we have learned that his power was split in three between the three swords (Yamato, Rebellion and Sparda)

Does this mean that Sparda DT Dante is actually only, say, Dante with half of Sparda's power? He probably didn't split his power evenly between each sword, with the Sparda Sword receiving more power, but he must have also sealed a significant portion inside the others.

Like, say, maybe 60/20/20, or 50/30/30 for the Sparda sword and the other two, respectively. Just throwing numbers out there.

Still, this does create some inconsistency in how we should scale Sparda. Are we supposed to believe that Sparda in his prime is, as an example, twice as powerful as the likes of Mundus/Argosax?

On the other hand, it does explain some stuff;

Sparda (FP); 100

Argosax - Despair Embodied; 50

Mundus; 50

Sparda (Sealed + Yamato and Rebellion) - 40 (hence, needs help to beat Argosax)

Sparda Trigger Dante- 60?

Just to exemplify.

Yes, it has been mentioned that Sparda splitting his power between several swords would mean that the Sparda DT would not necessarily be as strong as Sparda himself. If I remember correctly, the conclusions that people came to was that, given how Sparda supposedly not only single handedly defeated Mundus but also massive legions of Mundus' demons that Sparda is considerably more powerful than Mundus, and that the Sparda DT Dante is just at least comparable. That's just what I remember, to be clear. It's possible there was more discussion on the topic I didn't see.

Were there some item description that suggest the Underworld to be infinite in size? Was this a thing or am i tripping?

yeah i know, that one was in the manga, but i recall at least 2 in-game item-descriptions explicitely refering to either the underworld or the human world as infinite. am i just remembering things wrong?

I think you're talking about this.

"An astrological device which displays the endless void. Said to be powered by time."

where? Could u tell us where we can find these infinite statements in-game?

i didn't. I read them in one of the "universal upgrade" threads, or at least i RECALL reading them, i'd love to see them as much as you do

Ogbunabali said:
I think you're talking about this.
"An astrological device which displays the endless void. Said to be powered by time."
Guess that's one of the 2, what about the other one?

You're probably thinking of Sargasso's enemy file, which has already been discussed:

"They hide between the edges of the sea and the Underworld. They wait for stray wanderers and feast on them. The spirits of the victims are destined to wander the endless sea of the Underworld."

well, none of these statements are really definitive proof, so if these are the only statements then they are pretty unreliable

Back