• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Dexter: Upgrade and Additions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Since a new season of Dexter is coming out in a few months, i thought that would be a good idea to re-evaluate Dexter's profile.
And i think Dexter should Be at least Tier 9-C.

Upgrades:

Attack Potency: I think Dexter should be at least street level, since he was able to overpower Doakes while handcuffed. Doakes was an ex Operative in the United States Army Rangers. The Rangers are a Special Operations unit in the Army that handles sensitive assignments. Doakes was part of a Regimental Reconnaissance Detachment that conducted deep recon missions. Dexter is also capable of breaking necks, very easily. He can easily stab through human bodies. Was able to stab through a man using a pitchfork and a rusty fishing harpoon. Pushed a guy so hard, that the guy's feet glided across the floor. Was able to stab through a bed and man using only a pointy but blunt drape holder. Was able to break a wall by slamming his body against it. i'm pretty sure that most of these feats are beyond athletic level.

Speed: I'd say at least Peak Human (but maybe it's higher), Dexter was able to disarm a guy bfore the guy could shoot him, was able to pick up a pitchfork and stab a man pointing a gun at him, before the man could pull the trigger, and was also able to dodge gunshots. the guy who was shooting him was Isaak Sirko, who has a pretty fast aim.

Lifting Strength: Maybe Peak Human too, i mean he was able to lift a man off the ground, using pratically one arm. but this could probably be superhuman right?

Striking Strength: At least Street Class (for reasons that i already mentioned above)

Durability: At least Street level, can fight those who can harm him, has survived car crashes with little to no damage, survived a violent storm that destroyed his boat. Is vastly superior to Santos Jimenez (who tanked being hit by Dexter using a Baseball Bat) Is comparable to Ray Speltzer (who easily brushed off being hit by Dexter with an iron rod)

Intelligence: I think Dexter should have Genius Intelligence. he's smarter than everybody in the show, having outsmarted anyone who stood in his way, and he is also an expert in many fields. Dexter is portrayed as highly intelligent, pragmatic, calculating, and a master of compartmentalization. Dexter was in the top of his class in medical school and, subsequently, earned a degree in forensic science. His formal education included courses in biology, anatomy, chemistry, and mathematics. Additionally, he demonstrates vast knowledge on various topics, including history, anthropology, psychology, botany, philosophy, architecture, sociology, economics, religious lore, art, literature, law, and criminology. Dexter has a precise knowledge of his work field, considered to be one of best bloodstain pattern analyst out there, and thanks to his interest in blood, he proficiently solves alot criminal cases. To supplement his forensic expertise, Dexter mastered a wide array of skills. He's a master manipulator, practiced liar, lock picker, burglar, marksman, hunter and tracker, hand-to-hand combatant, actor, computer hacker, and impersonator. Dexter is the most successful serial killer in his universe, he was responsible for hundreds of deaths, but has never been caught. He's also a very good detective, he can quickly solve complex cases that most police officers can't. He even was able to find out who the Trinity Killer was, something that even Frank Lundy (a high-ranking and illustrious FBI Special Agent who is know for breaking seemingly impossible high-profile criminal cases) couldn't do.

Additions:

There are some things that are missing on Dexter's Powers and Abilities section. I'd say that he should have:

Peak Human Physical Characteristics: For reasons that i already mentioned above.

Genius Intelligence: For reasons that i already mentioned above.

Enhanced Awareness: Dexter is nearly always alert of his surroundings, he's able to notice little details that most police officers misses, he has noted hidden cameras, attacks coming from behind, and he also was able to know when someone was following him, plenty of times during the series.

Extrasensory Perception: Dexter was shown to be able to sense potential serial killers numerous times during the series, he was able to feel that there was something off with people like George King, Emmett Meridian, Zoey Kruger from the get go, Dexter also immediately sensed that Nathan Marten was a predator, but after a different kind of prey than him.

Information Analysis: Dexter has access to criminal databases using the Miami Metro Police Department computer. by analyzing blood patterns Dexter can recreate crime scenes with surgical precision, he's able to know the position of the killer, and which weapon he used to kill, he's even able know who is the killer itself, if he finds his fingerprints.

Acrobatics: Dexter can climb up houses, and can perform some acrobatic stunts.

Preparation: Most of his kills requires extensive preparation.

That's all folks.

Last edited:
Since a new season of Dexter is coming out in a few months, i thought that would be a good idea to re-evaluate Dexter's profile.
And i think Dexter should Be at least Tier 9-C.

Upgrades:

Attack Potency: I think Dexter should be at least street level, since he was able to overpower Doakes while handcuffed. Doakes was an ex Operative in the United States Army Rangers. The Rangers are a Special Operations unit in the Army that handles sensitive assignments. Doakes was part of a Regimental Reconnaissance Detachment that conducted deep recon missions. Dexter is also capable of breaking necks, very easily. He can easily stab through human bodies. Was able to stab through a man using a pitchfork and a rusty fishing harpoon. Pushed a guy so hard, that the guy's feet glided across the floor. Was able to stab through a bed and man using only a pointy but blunt drape holder. Was able to break a wall by slamming his body against it. i'm pretty sure that most of these feats are beyond athletic level.
Stabbing someone with a sharp object is a given. And speaking from experience, unless Doakes is maintaining the same level of fitness he had as a Ranger, he is not at those levels anymore. The tier looks fine but that reasoning needs to be changed unless it can be proven.

Stabbing someone with a sharp object is a given. And speaking from experience, unless Doakes is maintaining the same level of fitness he had as a Ranger, he is not at those levels anymore. The tier looks fine but that reasoning needs to be changed unless it can be proven.
Stabbing someone with a sharp object can be street level (stabbing a human body at the waist is something that Dexter can do) as for Doakes, he still looks to be in a pretty good shape, but i i understand your point. Still i'm pretty sure that the various other feats I presented should work for reasoning

Thanks for giving your opinion.

Extrasensory Perception: Dexter was shown to be able to sense potential serial killers numerous times during the series, he was able to feel that there was something off with people like George King, Emmett Meridian, Zoey Kruger from the get go, Dexter also immediately sensed that Nathan Marten was a predator, but after a different kind of prey than him.
I'm not familiar with Dexter at all, so I don't know if supernatural powers exist in the series, but even if they do, I'm pretty sure this is just Enhanced Senses, or possibly even just good instincts. Unless he is actually sensing their murderous intent, this is probably also just Enhanced Awareness—a keen eye, if you will.

I'm not familiar with Dexter at all, so I don't know if supernatural powers exist in the series, but even if they do, I'm pretty sure this is just Enhanced Senses, or possibly even just good instincts. Unless he is actually sensing their murderous intent, this is probably also just Enhanced Awareness—a keen eye, if you will.
Well supernatural powers do not exist in the TV series, but Dexter's ability to sense other people's inner demons are not normal, in fact in the comics this ability is portrayed as indeed supernatural, in the series he can notice something dark with people, with basicaly just a look. it's the same thing in the novel too, He was able to sense Doakes "Dark Passenger". The only one that Dexter could not sense was his brother Brian.

And since Extrasensory Perception is also know as sensing, detection, or a sixth sense, i think is pretty valid to give Dexter this ability don't you think ?

Thanks for the input.

Last edited:
Intelligence: I think Dexter should have Genius Intelligence. he's smarter than everybody in the show, having outsmarted anyone who stood in his way, and he is also an expert in many fields. Dexter is portrayed as highly intelligent, pragmatic, calculating, and a master of compartmentalization. Dexter was in the top of his class in medical school and, subsequently, earned a degree in forensic science. His formal education included courses in biology, anatomy, chemistry, and mathematics. Additionally, he demonstrates vast knowledge on various topics, including history, anthropology, psychology, botany, philosophy, architecture, sociology, economics, religious lore, art, literature, law, and criminology. Dexter has a precise knowledge of his work field, considered to be one of best bloodstain pattern analyst out there, and thanks to his interest in blood, he proficiently solves alot criminal cases. To supplement his forensic expertise, Dexter mastered a wide array of skills. He's a master manipulator, practiced liar, lock picker, burglar, marksman, hunter and tracker, hand-to-hand combatant, actor, computer hacker, and impersonator. Dexter is the most successful serial killer in his universe, he was responsible for hundreds of deaths, but has never been caught. He's also a very good detective, he can quickly solve complex cases that most police officers can't. He even was able to find out who the Trinity Killer was, something that even Frank Lundy (a high-ranking and illustrious FBI Special Agent who is know for breaking seemingly impossible high-profile criminal cases) couldn't do.
This section would need to be reworded before being put into the profile. Tho, I think he qualifies for Gifted instead of Genius, given the standard we have for Genius.

Basically, could you write up how each stat would look after the change?

Additions:

There are some things that are missing on Dexter's Powers and Abilities section. I'd say that he should have:

Peak Human Physical Characteristics: For reasons that i already mentioned above.

Genius Intelligence: For reasons that i already mentioned above.

Enhanced Awareness: Dexter is nearly always alert of his surroundings, he's able to notice little details that most police officers misses, he has noted hidden cameras, attacks coming from behind, and he also was able to know when someone was following him, plenty of times during the series.

Information Analysis: Dexter has access to criminal databases using the Miami Metro Police Department computer. by analyzing blood patterns Dexter can recreate crime scenes with surgical precision, he's able to know the position of the killer, and which weapon he used to kill, he's even able know who is the killer itself, if he finds his fingerprints.

Acrobatics: Dexter can climb up houses, and can perform some acrobatic stunts.

Preparation: Most of his kills requires extensive preparation.

"Dexter has access to criminal databases using the Miami Metro Police Department computer." Can't be used as justification, since the computer is not equipment he owns and carries on person.

"Dexter was shown to be able to sense potential serial killers numerous times during the series, he was able to feel that there was something off with people like George King, Emmett Meridian, Zoey Kruger from the get go, Dexter also immediately sensed that Nathan Marten was a predator, but after a different kind of prey than him."

I'm not sure if its Extrasensory Perception, but more his Gifted mind coming to conclusions.

The rest seems fine.

This section would need to be reworded before being put into the profile. Tho, I think he qualifies for Gifted instead of Genius, given the standard we have for Genius.
Yeah i will reword, it's just that English is not my native language. about the genius part well Dexter is an expert in many disciplines, and the definition for Genius here is "Individuals with an exceptional capacity for knowledge and intelligence, generally in one area of varying depth, often possessed by fictional scientists and strategists. in lieu of better feats, should be the default intelligence category for fictional characters treated as if they have exceptional or superhuman intelligence." Dexter is portrayed as such, so for me is pretty clear cut.

"Dexter has access to criminal databases using the Miami Metro Police Department computer." Can't be used as justification, since the computer is not equipment he owns and carries on person.
Alright, but the "By analyzing blood patterns Dexter can recreate crime scenes with surgical precision, he's able to know the position of the killer, and which weapon he used to kill, he's even able know who is the killer itself, if he finds his fingerprints" is good right ?

I'm not sure if its Extrasensory Perception, but more his Gifted mind coming to conclusions.
Sometimes in the tv series Dexter can sense other killers with just a look,(he did this with Nathan Marten) and other times just with a mere conversation. so for me feels more like sensing than observation. and Extrasensory Perception is also know as sensing, detection, or a sixth sense.

The rest seems fine.
Alright, thanks for commenting.

Alright, but the "By analyzing blood patterns Dexter can recreate crime scenes with surgical precision, he's able to know the position of the killer, and which weapon he used to kill, he's even able know who is the killer itself, if he finds his fingerprints" is good right ?
Yes. The main issue was using the police station as justification.

Sometimes in the tv series Dexter can sense other killers with just a look, and other times just with a mere conversation.
That falls under Info analysis, as it’s the same thing Junko Enoshima does on a person but Dexter just does it on a much smaller degree.

Smart individuals can reasonably analyze who a person is in a conversation without supernatural perception.

Yes. The main issue was using the police station as justification.
Ok.

That falls under Info analysis, as it’s the same thing Junko Enoshima does on a person but Dexter just does it on a much smaller degree.
After seeing Junko Enoshima profile i have to say that makes sense. I'm probably will re-watch the series again, to see more instances that Dexer sense other killers. although i'm pretty sure that in the novels and in the comics he has ESP.
Smart individuals can reasonably analyze who a person is in a conversation without supernatural perception.
Realy smart individuals, that's why i think he's a genius.

Not necessarily. You wouldn't have to be a genius to analyze body language but I digress.
Suspect that someone is a killer just by analyzing body language should be incredibly difficult, if not outright impossible.

But putting that aside, everything with the exception of Extrasensory Perception should be applied right ?

Basically, could you write up how each stat would look after the change?
So

Attack Potency: Street Level. Dexter is able to breaking necks, very easily. He was able to stab through a man using a pitchfork and a rusty fishing harpoon, pushed a guy so hard, that the guy's feet glided across the floor, was able to stab through a bed and man using only a pointy but blunt drape holder, and was able to break a wall by slamming his body against it.

Speed: Peak Human, maybe higher. Dexter was able to disarm a guy bfore the guy could shoot him, was able to pick up a pitchfork and stab a man pointing a gun at him, before the man could pull the trigger, and was also able to dodge gunshots.

Lifting Strength: At least Peak Human. Was able to lift a man off the ground, using pratically one arm and did not struggle at all.

Durability: Street level. can fight those who can harm him, has survived car crashes with little to no damage, survived a violent storm that destroyed his boat, is vastly superior to Santos Jimenez (who tanked being hit by Dexter using a Baseball Bat), comparable to Ray Speltzer (who easily brushed off being hit by Dexter with an iron rod)

Intelligence: Likely Genius. Dexter is portrayed as highly intelligent, pragmatic, calculating, and a master of compartmentalization. Dexter was in the top of his class in medical school and, subsequently, earned a degree in forensic science. His formal education included courses in biology, anatomy, chemistry, and mathematics. Additionally, he demonstrates vast knowledge on various topics, including history, anthropology, psychology, botany, philosophy, architecture, sociology, economics, religious lore, art, literature, law, and criminology. Dexter has a precise knowledge of his work field, considered to be one of best bloodstain pattern analyst out there, and thanks to his interest in blood, he proficiently solves alot criminal cases. To supplement his forensic expertise, Dexter mastered a wide array of skills. He's a master manipulator, practiced liar, lock picker, burglar, marksman, hunter and tracker, hand-to-hand combatant, actor, computer hacker, and impersonator. Dexter is the most successful serial killer in his universe, he was responsible for hundreds of deaths, but has never been caught. He's also a very good detective, he can quickly solve complex cases that most police officers can't. He even was able to find out who the Trinity Killer was, something that even Frank Lundy (a high-ranking and illustrious FBI Special Agent who is know for breaking seemingly impossible high-profile criminal cases) couldn't do.

Additions

Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Genius Intelligence, Enhanced Awareness (Dexter is nearly always alert of his surroundings, he's able to notice little details that most police officers misses, he has noted hidden cameras, attacks coming from behind, and he also was able to know when someone was following him, plenty of times during the series), Information Analysis (By analyzing blood patterns Dexter can recreate crime scenes with surgical precision, he's able to know the position of the killer, and which weapon he used to kill, he's even able know who is the killer itself, if he finds his fingerprints. Dexter can also read people and be able to determine potential serial killers), Acrobatics (Dexter can climb up houses, and can perform some acrobatic stunts) Preparation (Most of his kills requires extensive preparation)

Tell me if you think that something should be reworded.

What ElixirBlue has accepted can probably be applied if there are no serious objections.

What you described does not quite seem to reach Leonardo DaVinci, Stephen Hawkins, and Albert Einstein level though. However, "At least Gifted" might work.

What ElixirBlue has accepted can probably be applied if there are no serious objections.

What you described does not quite seem to reach Leonardo DaVinci, Stephen Hawkins, and Albert Einstein level though. However, "At least Gifted" might work.
Ok, so can i make the changes ?

So

Attack Potency: Street Level. Dexter is able to breaking necks, very easily. He was able to stab through a man using a pitchfork and a rusty fishing harpoon, pushed a guy so hard, that the guy's feet glided across the floor, was able to stab through a bed and man using only a pointy but blunt drape holder, and was able to break a wall by slamming his body against it.

Speed: Peak Human, maybe higher. Dexter was able to disarm a guy bfore the guy could shoot him, was able to pick up a pitchfork and stab a man pointing a gun at him, before the man could pull the trigger, and was also able to dodge gunshots.

Lifting Strength: At least Peak Human. Was able to lift a man off the ground, using pratically one arm and did not struggle at all.

Durability: Street level. can fight those who can harm him, has survived car crashes with little to no damage, survived a violent storm that destroyed his boat, is vastly superior to Santos Jimenez (who tanked being hit by Dexter using a Baseball Bat), comparable to Ray Speltzer (who easily brushed off being hit by Dexter with an iron rod)

Intelligence: Likely Genius. Dexter is portrayed as highly intelligent, pragmatic, calculating, and a master of compartmentalization. Dexter was in the top of his class in medical school and, subsequently, earned a degree in forensic science. His formal education included courses in biology, anatomy, chemistry, and mathematics. Additionally, he demonstrates vast knowledge on various topics, including history, anthropology, psychology, botany, philosophy, architecture, sociology, economics, religious lore, art, literature, law, and criminology. Dexter has a precise knowledge of his work field, considered to be one of best bloodstain pattern analyst out there, and thanks to his interest in blood, he proficiently solves alot criminal cases. To supplement his forensic expertise, Dexter mastered a wide array of skills. He's a master manipulator, practiced liar, lock picker, burglar, marksman, hunter and tracker, hand-to-hand combatant, actor, computer hacker, and impersonator. Dexter is the most successful serial killer in his universe, he was responsible for hundreds of deaths, but has never been caught. He's also a very good detective, he can quickly solve complex cases that most police officers can't. He even was able to find out who the Trinity Killer was, something that even Frank Lundy (a high-ranking and illustrious FBI Special Agent who is know for breaking seemingly impossible high-profile criminal cases) couldn't do.

Additions

Peak Human Physical Characteristics, Genius Intelligence, Enhanced Awareness (Dexter is nearly always alert of his surroundings, he's able to notice little details that most police officers misses, he has noted hidden cameras, attacks coming from behind, and he also was able to know when someone was following him, plenty of times during the series), Information Analysis (By analyzing blood patterns Dexter can recreate crime scenes with surgical precision, he's able to know the position of the killer, and which weapon he used to kill, he's even able know who is the killer itself, if he finds his fingerprints. Dexter can also read people and be able to determine potential serial killers), Acrobatics (Dexter can climb up houses, and can perform some acrobatic stunts) Preparation (Most of his kills requires extensive preparation)

Tell me if you think that something should be reworded.
Ok, so can i make the changes ?
Yeah. Change the intelegience to "At least Gifted", give each stat justification parentheses ( ), Bold the stats in question, and good to go.

Okay. No problem. I will close this thread then.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back