• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Diavolo tries to get rid of a baby

The closer you get to him the smaller you get, Diavolo just erases that, gets himself behind DIO and punches him while getting smaller.

Inconclusive. Diavalo can't affect green baby but green baby can't affect Diavalo. Unless Diavalo is bloodlusted he isn't going to get close enough to Baby for it's stand to come into effect and Baby has no way to put Diavalo down.

@eficiente, you can't 'punch him while getting smaller' you cannot physically approach the green baby.

It works by constantly halving the size of anyone approaching it in proportion with the distance away so you never actually get in range to do anything. As you get closer the distance you have to move for the size decrease halves and so does your size so you can never actually reach the baby.

Blackcurrant91 said:
you can't 'punch him while getting smaller
Can you prove this? Even then, he's not going to get that small as he's not going to approach normally, but within erased causality.

Baby's effect is passive. The moment Diavalo comes out of erased time close enough to affect green baby he is going to be way to small to affect it.

It's not that fast, the more one approaches the smaller one gets, Diavolo didn't approach to get there, he's just going to get a little smaller.

Fast has nothing to do with it. Have you read how baby's ability works? the distance you have to travel to get in range of baby becomes infinite the closer you get to it. If baby perceives you as a threat at all and you don't have any ranged abilities you aren't going to punch it.

If you are in range of green baby to punch it you are going to be so small that it could literally roll over and kill you.

Yes but he still has to exist in range to attack, the second he comes out of erased causality to punch baby he is going to become stupidly small mid swing, the closer King Crimson's fist gets to baby it's going to become infinitely small.

I would recommend reading about the paradox the stand was in reference to.

Yeah you can't outspeed the shrinking effect. The gimmick is each time you close half the distance between them from when you started, you lose half your body size. Logically this means your steps and strides are half as large. If you continue your approach, you will continue to shrink.

Because the actual paradox is based on the definition of "half", you can never fully reach Green Baby as there will always be a quantifiable half way point (until you get to planck lengths) which means you will always be decreasing in size by half. If you could move at infinite speeds, you would never reach Green Baby. You'd likely just shrink yourself out of meaningful existence.

This isn't just limited to people, but in essence all things Green Baby does not have interest in or things it perceives as harmful or with ill-intent. Goku's kamehameha would be subject to the paradox and thus would never each GB either.

If we take the getting infinitely smaller literally then yes, but in the practice Diavolo would have jumped over moments in which he should have become smaller. I don't think it would apply just like that, instead of only proportionally, but I will reread that part later for more context.

Yeah, if Diavalo is bloodlusted Greenbaby probably wins but under SBA I don't see Diavalo getting close enough in character for Baby to do any meaningful damage to him.

They both pretty much stand around going 'What do we do?'

It's speculated that approaching it enough or having GGOH approach you would shrink you down to a point where you're erased from meaningful existence.

If you can survive the harsh and abstract conditions of being sub-atomic and such then cool, but I doubt most people can.

TacticalNuke002 said:
Diavolo would see himself shrink so he wouldn't approach. Does GB's shrinkage work on projectiles?
yes, its ability is based on perception. if it perceives the ability as harmful then it will shrink.

No because even if Diavolo can time skip the ability and end up directly behind the baby, there is still a quantifiable half way point of the distance between them. If he reaches that half way point, he will shrink entirely. If he reaches the next one, he shrinks again, and again, and again... etc.

If he's 0.001cm away from Green Baby there will still be a quantifiable half way point. It would be 0.0005cm. If he moves 0.0005cm, he takes a size decrease of 50%. This effect continues as there will always be a half way point.

He can time skip GGOH sure, but after it's over he still needs to approach it.

Baby's effect is passive around it. Also it wouldn't matter if you could teleport as the closer you are the quicker the stand works. If anything if Diavalo goes full edgy 'teleports behind you' he is going to just end himself quicker.

I mean, he has no other way to harm Green Baby, so he will take that risk. And he has already reached Green Baby if he's already in him. I meant crawling into his mouth during erased time after he's gotten small enough.

by the time you are close enough to crawl into baby's mouth you are beyond microscopic in size. How is he going to do anything once he is in there?

TacticalNuke002 said:
I mean, he has no other way to harm Green Baby, so he will take that risk. And he has already reached Green Baby if he's already in him. I meant crawling into his mouth during erased time after he's gotten small enough.
He would die if he approaches that much, and Epitath would warn him about that.

If he goes inside in erased time, he won't be affected. He lets himself shrink until he's small enough, erases time before he gets smaller and enters GB's mouth. Since he's already in, he doesn't need to worry about the halving anymore

TacticalNuke002 said:
He physically cannot traverse towards Green Baby. If he were to somehow reach him he would be erased from existence due to his size.

Diavalo cannot interact with things in erased time. How is he going to get inside his mouth as a full size human anyway? not that it would work.

TacticalNuke002 said:
If he goes inside in erased time, he won't be affected. He lets himself shrink until he's small enough, erases time before he gets smaller and enters GB's mouth. Since he's already in, he doesn't need to worry about the halving anymore
If he gets into GB's mouth, he would die at the right moment that Time Erasure is over, because he would shrink instantly.

And Epitath is going to warn him about this, so he wont do it.

Blackcurrant91 said:
Diavalo cannot interact with things in erased time. How is he going to get inside his mouth as a full size human anyway? not that it would work.
He sees himself shrinking. He time erases and gets close to the baby. Time resumes, he tries to punch like usual. Starts shrinking. Sees no option other than shrinking. So he shrinks until he's small enough, then erases time again, using it to enter GB's mouth. Time resumes, but Diavolo doesn't shrink anymore since he's already reached the baby and the shrink effect deactivates.

Diavolo proceeds to destroy GB's organs and busts out MK11 Noob Saibot style.

I don't see why you Diavalo wouldn't continue to become smaller inside Baby to the point of where he wouldn't be able to effect baby. Once he resumes time again the second time he is going to continue to get smaller as he travels inside baby.

I feel like that, once Diavolo realizes that only things that are perceived as interesting to the Green Baby don't shrink, he'd probably "transform" into Doppio, which will probably find out a way to play with the Green Baby (Doppio doesn't remember anything Diavolo does, he only needs to be ordered to play with the child and he'd do it with no bloodlust) and get close enough to him to pummel him to the ground with KC's arms. For now, I vote Diavolo.

Doppio is fine, but the moment KC manifests and tries to pummel him to death he undergoes the same paradox effect. Green Baby was never defeated, he only concluded after he willingly fused himself with Whitesnake.

Back