• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am not sure. We would need more community input,

What does he have that warrants an outright High 3-A rating again? What we're given now is only best as a likely. He backscales to the sisters. Being superior to them doesn't warrant an outright rating.

Last edited:
4-A should definitely return considering no one has argued against it, we just removed it when we applied the High 3-A ratings because...well I have no clue why.

4-A Discord seems pretty on point. The show being universal always struck a bad chord with me.

Speaking of tiers, I have a question regarding if we should even scale characters to the Sonic Rainboom? Are there other Tier 6 feats that justify it? It feels out of place to scale some characters to that.

I thought 6-B was a lot, but I don't know exactly how Sonic Rainboom would work in real life, so I didn't really care

What are the reasons for the 4-A minimum for Discord?

What are the reasons for the 4-A minimum for Discord?
1. Should be (or shouldn't it be? I'm not sure) considerably superior to Bookworm, who was capable of creating and destroying dimensions that contained deep space.
2. Created an entire dimension with the flick of a finger which contained countless stars
3. His mind is an entire physical dimension that he can reshape and control which contains several stars and deep space
4. As shown on at least two occasions. When Pinkie Pie gained his power, she reshaped the Chaos Dimension, which at least contained a starry sky
5. His inner dimension was described as being infinite in size
Accord: Reshaped Discord's inner dimension which was described as infinite

Cosmos was destroying the fabric of reality which we allow for tier 2 as seen in examples like Bill Cipher. Not sure why destroying the fabric of existence is any different than manipulating it (In terms of range which was why manipulating it was denied), but hey.

Also, if we count Discord's mind as a physical dimension then shouldn't it be tier 2? It clearly doesn't share the time of the Universe as the previous thread claimed when each doorway in his mind has a differently flowing time, with different nightmares taking place during different time periods.

Lastly:
The bolded are High 3-A feats, not 4-A.

Last edited:
We should probably backscale Celestia to Discord as well. If I recall correctly, Twilight used to scale via holding back his pocket dimension (which contained deep space full of stars).

Last edited:
Does the chaos dimension even count as 4-A in size? Those stars amounted to a pull-down sheet you see in school painted with stars.

Also, if we count Discord's mind as a physical dimension then shouldn't it be tier 2? It clearly doesn't share the time of the Universe as the previous thread claimed when each doorway in his mind has a differently flowing time, with different nightmares taking place during different time periods.
This seems to be the main issue here.

Should I ask some more staff members to come here?

Yes, help from other staff members would be very appreciated.

I'm fine with the At least 4-A upgrade, and iirc, the outright High 3-A rating seemed rejected based on inconsistent text and/or concerns about "Infinite power" statements. But I was unsure where Low 2-C came from as far as IDW continuity was concerned.

Not sure about the mind example being a different space-time continuum, but the context does indicate space-time shenanigans. But infinite size combined with temporal statements do tend to lean towards it being Low 2-C structure yes. Destroying the very fabric of reality and causing it to collapse also seems to point to Low 2-C.

So, wait, is it fine to scale Celestia to Twilight holding back the pocket dimension then? I'm pretty certain we'd have to backscale to Discord by default anyways.

Can you summarise how you think that an entire universe-sized space-time continuum was involved in any of the feats that you want to scale to Low 2-C please?

Can you summarise how you think that an entire universe-sized space-time continuum was involved in any of the feats that you want to scale to Low 2-C please?
The fact that Accord rewrote his entire mind which we treated as an infinite-sized dimension based on the last time this was brought up. The only reason we decided on High 3-A was that it shared space-time with the main Universe, which isn't really true if each door is it's own timeline.

Then there is Celestia saying that Cosmos was destroying the fabric of reality.

But I'm more interested in 4-A than I am Low 2-C.

1) Well, the Accord feat would only be Low 2-C if the change was retroactive/affected the universal timeline to a very large degree.

2) That unfortunately seems too vague for my taste.

3) Okay. No problem.

1) Well, the Accord feat would only be Low 2-C if the change was retroactive/affected the universal timeline to a very large degree.

2) That unfortunately seems too vague for my taste.

3) Okay. No problem.
If the entire mind was affected then that would by default influence the timelines. Those timelines are indicative of Discord's futures. If Discord is no longer Discord, but Accord, then those futures are going to warp themselves so that they are Accord's since Discord is no longer Discord. Also, wouldn't containing a Universal sized space-time in yourself be Low 2-C by default?

Well we allow the same statements for characters like Bill Cipher.

So, then is Twilight holding back a 4-A pocket dimension something we can scale the sisters to? As I said, we already used it as justification in the past.

1) You have a point. We need more staff input though.

2) I am not well informed about that, so I can only speak about this, but an unspecific statement seems unreliable.

3) What feat are you talking about?

2) I am not well informed about that, so I can only speak about this, but an unspecific statement seems unreliable.

3) What feat are you talking about?
Well, I'm just basing it off other characters with similar situations.

Friends Forever: Issue 2, Discord creates a pocket dimension for the Crusaders to help them earn their cutie marks. Discord keeps failing and getting angrier and creates an entire dimension full of space and stars. Trouble is, the pocket dimension keeps expanding and getting bigger and is threatening to crush Ponyville, so Twilight tries to contain it with her magic. Temporarily of course, as she can only do it for a while.

Well, I suppose that seems like a legitimate feat for the IDW version.

Do you care if I remove the rewriting the chaos dimension and rewriting his mind as evidence for 4-A? Again, the starry sky seen in the chaos dimension amounts to a pull-down sheet with stars painted on it. The other is clearly a High 3-A to Low 2-C feat and makes no sense to use it as both 4-A and High 3-A at the same time. I also want to remove Celestia's class E rating as she did not physically move the Moon, she used her telekinesis, and if she controls the Sun and Stars, there's no point in even having the Class E rating. Speaking of telekinesis, if the comics scale to the show, we should probably update her range and lifting strength.

Finally, we also have to remove her immeasurable rating, as Discord is only immeasurable through time travel and doesn't scale to his reaction speed.

Last edited:
Made the edit. I did not edit lifting strength, speed for Celestia, and did not remove rewriting Discord's mind and the chaos realm as 4-A justifications since you haven't said anything on it yet.

You first need to ask for help via our official calculations evaluations requests thread:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back