• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discord (IDW) upgrade

Status
Not open for further replies.
Fine, I'll do it myself.

In the IDW continuity, Celestia and Luna have infinite power for Destruction and it was said that they have the power to break worlds. Worth mentioning that this same story uses the term "world" to refer to entire alternate universes (1, 2, 3), and that it was said that they could overrun every reality, leaving them empty and corrupted.

Scans from Legends of Magic Annual 2018

Discord scales to them due to the main series being canon to the IDW series, meaning this version of Discord is also able to defeat both Celestia and Luna at once with ease, just like his canon version.

Basically, in the IDW comics, the princesses can destroy universes, and Discord is superior to them.

So... Does "another future" mean another reality like most fictions tends to define it... Because if so that doorway feat is more impressive than just being an infnitely sized reality. Also I agree with the revision.

The reason I'm asking is because based on how they define different futures in the show they seeem to refer to alternate realities... Based on that whole time shenanigans episode when Starlight rematched Twilight.

I wouldn't trust OBW just yet, but it is true that the MLP multiverse is infinite based on that

Also I agree with original post's upgrade

One could also potentially get Low 2-C if we assume that making the realities "corrupted and empty" would affect the entire space-time.

All of the scans are considerably more vague than you claim, and either seem to use figures of speech or metaphor, not any actual evidence. As such, this seems rather unreliable to me.

I really don't see what is vague about them. You could argue that "empty and corrupted" doesn't automatically mean destroyed, which is fair, but "can break worlds" and "infinite power for destruction" sound pretty straightforward to me.

Antvasima said:
All of the scans are considerably more vague than you claim, and either seem to use figures of speech or metaphor, not any actual evidence. As such, this seems rather unreliable to me.
As much as I dislike seperating comics from the show, Discord could potentially qualify for a type 2 abstract in the comics. As Accord he is the unifying principle or order and exists within all who desire order which likely implies he can't be killed normally if he exists in everyone. This absolutely applies to normal Discord but with chaos instead of order. I mean, pretty much the only thing that changed was that he became a creature of order and uses order based magic instead of chaos. That's it. Nothing implies he was granted additional powers such as existing in everyone and embodying order. This is further supported by him calling himself a force of nature in Friends Forever.

I suppose that is a better argument, but the previous scans seemed more like hyperbolic figures of speech than anything concrete.

Maybe "At least 4-A, likely higher" is the most reliable rating that we can give him?

Antvasima said:
I suppose that is a better argument, but the previous scans seemed more like hyperbolic figures of speech than anything concrete.
The infinte power and corrupt the multiverse scans?

Yes, "infinite power for destruction" is common hyperbolic language within fiction. It cannot be taken literally without concrete proof.

On it's own it can't, but this same issue has statemants about them breaking worlds ("worlds" being a term used by the story to refer to universes) and leaving realities empty and corrupted.

Antvasima said:
Yes, "infinite power for destruction" is common hyperbolic language within fiction. It cannot be taken literally without concrete proof.
I mean, he was going to destroy an infinite amount of matter (emptying an infinite number of universes requires this much matter destroyed by default)

If no one minds, I'll go ahead and update IDW Discord's AE from type 3 to type 2 since Antvasima seemed relatively ok with it and made no objections.

Well, if there is proof that it has consumed most of the universe that is a 3-A feat, but claims without context or specified method of how something will be broken and to what scale, are not reliable. Sorry.

Wasn't the supposedly infinite corridor inside of his mind just a symbolic dreamscape that Luna travelled inside, no different from the dreamscapes of other sentient beings?

Lightbuster30 said:
If no one minds, I'll go ahead and update IDW Discord's AE from type 3 to type 2 since Antvasima seemed relatively ok with it and made no objections.
Please specify what you are going to do first.

They're not claims without context, the Pony of Shadows is saying he saw the Celestia and Luna of his universe becoming Daybreaker and Nightmare Moon, and they had the power to break worlds and corrupt entire realities, so he kidnapped the Celestia and Luna from the main universe so he could use their power to corrupt entire realities.

If you think I took those scans out of context, here's the entire thing (that's why I named the issue where the statements are from, so people would be able to see the scans aren't out of context).

Antvasima said:
Lightbuster30 said:
Please specify what you are going to do first.
I'm not sure what you mean. Didn't I explain it in my reply?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back