• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discord Regenerationn Upgrade

In one of the recent episodes we are shown that acting normal can erase Discord from existence, however it is also shown that he can re-exist provided he starts acting chaotic again, or is surrounded by chaos.

This means Discord's physical form can be healed from even near nonexistence as long he acts normal (by the standards of a chaos god anyway). I personally think his Regenerationn should be bumped to mid godly seeing as it fits the category. At the very least this warrants some upgrade.

First you say he can be erased from existence, then you say he can be healed from near non-existence, so it sounds like high godly/mid godly, but I don't know the verse, so.

I never said he could be erased from near non-existence, I said he could regenerate from it if he is surrounded by chaos or acts chaotic. In the episode he starts acting completely normal. Because he is a creature of chaos, this causes him to literally start fading away. In the end he gets saved when Fluttershy starts making chaos.

Unite My Rice said:
First you say he can be erased from existence, then you say he can be erased from near non-existence, so it sounds like high godly/mid godly, but I don't know the verse, so.
Oh and it would be mid-godly. High godly is regenerating from both nonexistence and reality destruction. Discord can only go as far as nonexistence.

Yeah I meant healed, my bad. Now that you gave more details, this doesn't sound like regen. If he could act chaotic himself, then why would he need Fluttershy to save him? It sounds like he was pretty much healed, not that he regenerated. If the case was that he couldn't act chaotic because he was getting erased, then his regen would be lower.

Well he couldn't act chaotic because he was acting normal, he had deluded himself into thinking his realm would be too chaotic, so he changed everything,including himself.

What is important is that acting chaotic keeps Discord tethered to existence. Logically if acting normal can erase him, then acting chaotic (which keeps him from fading away to start with) can reverse the process.

Fluttershy also implied that Discord doing something chaotic can restore him. The reason it couldn't was because by that then, Discord had faded to the point where he was intangible even to himself, preventing him from being chaotic.

I should note that Discords fading occurred in differing stages. In the early stages Discord is intangible and see through, but can still undo the process, when it gets even worse he becomes intangible even to himself, is nearly completely see through, and can't do anything. Once Fluttershy started acting chaotic he was restored just enough to undo the fading on his own

This to me tells me that any damage done to Discord will be healed, as acting chaotic can restore him, I mean if being chaotic can save him from fading away (as long as the fading isn't too severe) then injuries should be nothing.

He was not completely erased, he was simply fading away, and reversed the process when Fluttershy started acting chaotic around him. It does not seem quantifiable in terms of Regenerationn.

Antvasima said:
He was not completely erased, he was simply fading away,

And reversed the process when Fluttershy started acting chaotic around him. It does not seem quantifiable in terms of Regenerationn.
1. Hence why I said nigh-nonexistence. How powerful Regenerationn would one need for that?

2. Well yeah, because Fluttershy was making chaos, meaning that creating chaos can restore him. It makes sense given he did something similar with the cmc in "The Return of Harmony"

3. On the topic of "Ceating Chaos Can Heal Discord": I would like to repeat that Discord ca reverse the process by making and acting chaotic himself, but only in the early stages of his fading.

Fluttershy making chaos slowly and steadily restored Discord from the edge of complete fading, to the point where Discord could be chaotic on his own. Once Discord himself started acting chaotic, he un-faded almost immediately.

4. I would like to point out that in the later stages of Discord's fading, he couldn't even use his powers, BUT he could still come back when surrounded by a low degree of chaos. Seems like Regenerationn to me, just add chaos.

Well, I do not know how to properly quantify this.

Antvasima said:
Well, I do not know how to properly quantify this.
Well I personally would put it at low godly seeing as he can potentially regenerate from near-nonexistence, but only if he has outside help such as being around chaos. It certainly has to be better than coming back from an atom.

This is of course, if you accept Regenerationn via chaos to be legit.

I would prefer more staff input first. Low-Godly seems exaggerated.

Antvasima said:
I would prefer more staff input first. Low-Godly seems exaggerated.
I don't know man. I mean, as far as we know the only way to actually kill Discord is by erasing him, and the only way to do that is by having Discord act normal.

Well, that would still go under speculation though.

Resistance to existence erasure seems more reasonable, yes.

I half to agree with Ultima Reality, it sounds like Immortality Type 8 and he exists so long as he acts chotic.

I'm not to sure about resistance to exsitance erasure because he isn't resisting it he's just returning back to the way he was because he's now acting the way he should.

Resistance would be if he started to fad but managed to sustain himself longer than he should have. But if he showed no signs of resistance then I wouldn't count it as such but that's my opinion.

I do however agree it's Immortality Type 8.

I am uncertain. It has not been stated that he will exist as long as the concept chaos does, or at least not as far as I can remember.

Thats what I think but gotta wait for Ant and others to respond and see what they think.

Yeah, I don't think it was ever specifically said, but he is the spirit of chaos, so it would make sense, or maybe he is simply weak to order and harmony.

Antvasima said:
I am uncertain. It has not been stated that he will exist as long as the concept chaos does, or at least not as far as I can remember.

Yes, but it seems like he remains in existence as long as he acts chaotic

If he exsits as long as he acts chaotic then that's Immortality Type 8. As he's relint on him needing to act chaotic.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Yeah, I don't think it was ever specifically said, but he is the spirit of chaos, so it would make sense, or maybe he is simply weak to order and harmony.
I wouldn't say weak to order in general. Order only seems to hurt him when he himself acts orderly, heck the premise of the episide states that Discord tries making his dimension and himself more normal with disastrous results.

The reason I think it could be Regenerationn is that acting chaotic or being surrounded by chaos not only protects him from nonexistence, but it was shown on screen to restore him even when his powers are nullified and on the edge of nonexistence.

LordGriffin1000 said:
I half to agree with Ultima Reality, it sounds like Immortality Type 8 and he exists so long as he acts chotic.

I'm not to sure about resistance to exsitance erasure because he isn't resisting it he's just returning back to the way he was because he's now acting the way he should.

Resistance would be if he started to fad but managed to sustain himself longer than he should have. But if he showed no signs of resistance then I wouldn't count it as such but that's my opinion.

I do however agree it's Immortality Type 8.
He can resist early stages of fading, but not the later stages when it gets more serious, so some resistance is there.

To clarify what I mean: In stage 1 Discord has limited interaction with physical objects. At stage 2 he can't interact with anything at all, but he can still use his powers to stop it. By stage 3 (the more severe stage) he is intangible even to himself, and his powers are gone. By stage 4 he is completely helpless, and nearly completely faded.

This reminds me of manga Zamasu regenerating from Goku's hakai. I'm not sure about type 8 immortality, because even though the concept of chaos still existed, he was still gonna bite the dust.

Immortality Type 8 means relient on a person, object or concept ext. He is relient on himself acting a specific way, if he doesn't act that way he gonna bite the dust.

Thus Immortality Type 8

Well then it's limited type 8, since he has to be doing it or surrounded by chaos. Chaos as a concept exists everywhere, yet he can still die.

Unite My Rice said:
Well then it's limited type 8, since he has to be doing it or surrounded by chaos. Chaos as a concept exists everywhere, yet he can still die.
To be fair he had removed all chaos from his realm at the time, hence why Fluttershy had to make chaos.

I am uncertain if type 8 immortality counts for a certain type of behaviour, rather than an object, person, or concept.

It might be for chaos, as Discord merely acting chaotic creates chaos automatically. Once he went cold turkey on the chaos, things began getting problamatic.

Well, it may be too uncertain. If we give him the ability we might set a bad precedent for other profiles.

So we gonna update his immortality or what? All in all even though the episode showed Discord isn't immune to erasure, it also shows that the only person capable of doing it to Discord is Discord. Not a bad upgrade if I do say so.

Antvasima said:
Well, it may be too uncertain. If we give him the ability we might set a bad precedent for other profiles.
Not really. It was made clear as day that not acting chaotic or not being around chaos can end Discord. I don't see any cut corners there, but then again I was never one to notice the little things.

Maybe, but I would prefer to wait for more community input.

Back