• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Discussion about "Infinite Speed"

Status
Not open for further replies.
I was having a discussion with my friend on a topic regarding energy and then a question poped up into my head regarding Infinite Speed. My question is if someone has Infinite speed, do they also have infinite power?

The reason why im asking this is because of what my friend imputed to me. My friend says that Infinite Power would be needed to generate Infinite Speed because energy obviously is needed in order to move something. However, this can depend on how you look at it. If it's infinite speed via traditional speed, then my friend says that Infinite Power would be used. But if it's just an instantaneous technique, like Goku's Instant Transmission, then it wouldn't be even speed at all since it uses no form of physical movement. So in other words, as long as the said person isn't using something like teleportation, physically being able to move at infinite speeds means that the user should also have the same level of power in order to support such speeds. In this case, that power would be infinite. Or at least, that's what my friend concludes to.

So for characters here who are listed to have infinite speed, shouldn't that also mean that they also have infinite power as well? If not, I would like to hear a really good explained reason why it wouldnt be.

Depend. Having infispeed also mean you don't get any drag that could hold you in that speed. It could also be that you don't move in that dimension you're suppose to calculate and "cheat" your way to infi, but still moving the physical body.

Fiction is inconsistent, and does not automatically equate speed with a corresponding amount of power. Othervise all characters able to travel at lightspeed would have infinite energy.

We usually tend to rate statistics separately, unless explicitly stated othervise.

I agree with antvasima

For example Quicksilver can move FTL but he's only 9-B

If fist has an average mass of 300g and is moving at 99% of the speed of light, he would have a total energy of 190,000,000,000,000 joules. Which is equivalent to 45 megatons of TNT or over 2,800 times more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima and let me remind you that he's only wall level

Well that's mainly because it's FTL, so we can't use KE. If he did the feat but remained at Relat, then it would have been calcable.

Frogicalon said:
I agree with antvasima
For example Quicksilver can move FTL but he's only 9-B

If fist has an average mass of 300g and is moving at 99% of the speed of light, he would have a total energy of 190,000,000,000,000 joules. Which is equivalent to 45 megatons of TNT or over 2,800 times more powerful than the bomb dropped on Hiroshima and let me remind you that he's only wall level
I guess but should it count for all of fiction tho? IIRC there are some characters who's destructive power is tied with speed. What if it was a character that did like a Low 2C to 2C kind of feat with just sheer speed alone?

Well, since the question has been answered, I will close this thread.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back