• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Disease Inducement for Danny Phantom Ghosts

LordGriffin1000

Awakened after 1000 years
He/Him
VS Battles
Administrator
First thread of the new year for me an of course it is a Danny Phantom thread. Anyway, this thread will be discussing the possible addition of Disease Manipulation for all Danny Phantom ghosts.

Disease Inducement
Ghosts should have Disease Manipulation or Inducement for a better word.

In the season 2 episode "Doctors Disorders", Danny fights a ghost bug that duplicates itself and attacks the students at Danny's school. When the ghost bug bite and overshadow the students, they become sick, some being unable to stand or walk and look like there about to die. This is consistent with the disease known as ecto acne that Vlad got when exposed to the ecto energy from the first ghost portal.

At 7:30 you can see several kids who are sick and their skin color is off.

Even in non canon material such as Nicktoons Unite videogame. Ghosts take possession of the people in Amity Park and they enter the same weak sick like state as the kids in the episode with the ghost bug. I'm not using this as solid evidence to help the upgrade since it is from a non canon videogame but it does show effects just like in canon.

Lastly, in season 1 episode "What you Want". Maddie and Jack Fenton are in the Fenton Lab and they are sick. Danny sees them and while having a conversation and Maddie states that they are trying to "purify themselves of negative ghost energy".

Then Jack states "We're trying to ritually expell any viral ghost in our systems with the Fenton Ghost Catcher. It's like an indian dream catcher but expunges ghosts and not dreams, you see?."

Danny then replies "You might just have a cold you know, it doesn't half to be a ghost cold".

Now, while Danny says it might be a normal cold and not a ghost cold. He doesn't say that ghost causing colds aren't a thing. Maddie and Jack are also scientists and have been exparamenting with ectoplasm and they make weapons and equipment the work on ghost so they know how ghosts work and what they are capable of. So even Maddie and Jack know ghosts can cause sickness which makes sense given then knew of ecto acne and the showing of the ghost bug causing sickness backs this up adding on the non canon thing for low level support.

Edit: Here is a video of Vlad getting ecto acne from being hit by the ecto energy from the first ghost portal at 5:03

Conclusion
All ghosts should get disease manipulation since they are made up of ectoplasmic energy and can cause sickness that could lead to death (Ecto Acne can cause death). On their Notable Attacks and Techniques section in the Ectoplasm Manipulation it should say "Exposure to a ghosts ecto energy can cause sickness that can even lead to death".

Edit: The Calaca suggests a possible Disease Inducement for the ghosts who haven't shown it directly for these reasons.

I'd word it like this:

Disease Inducement for those who has demonstrated to be able to infect people and a Possibly for every other ghost since the support for this is from a non-canon game.

The reason behind this is that Danny's parents could've known about Ecto-acne from a ghost who can do that, not necessarily implying every ghost can do it.

I'd word it like this:

Disease Inducement for those who has demonstrated to be able to infect people and a Possibly for every other ghost since the support for this is from a non-canon game.

The reason behind this is that Danny's parents could've known about Ecto-acne from a ghost who can do that, not necessarily implying every ghost can do it.

@Calaca

They don't say a specific ghost though. They say "negative ghost energy" and "any viral ghost". Also, Ecto Acne did not come from a specific ghost. It came from the ectoplasmic energy from the ghost portal. All ghosts are made up of ectoplasmic energy. So if they don't make a distinction and speak as if ghosts in general are capable of this and ecto energy is what can cause ecto acne. I believe they all could achive this. I just used the game as evidence that in other media, other ghosts besides the ghost bug can leave humans in a similar state.

However, I see your point and can agree that they could still be talking about a select few ghosts so I can agree with a Possible Disease Inducement.

I'll add it in the OP.

I agree with a definitive rating for the ghosts who have directly demonstrated it, and maybe a likely/possibly for all of the other ones.

Back