• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Distance betwen Reiokyu and Seireitei

The reason we are doing this again is because the previuos threads were ignored and left in the limbo with the repeated counter-arguments derailing them

Here,we should discuess the best method to get the correct distance and end this

There are 2 ways to get the distance

• Method 1-the fact that the trip takes 7 days using regular shunpo
Method 1
to use method one,we should first understand what shunpo is

Shunpo (þ×¼µ¡®, Flash Steps) is a movement technique which allows the user to move faster than the eye can follow. As speed is the main factor of the technique, the method is best characterized by how fast one can get from point A to point B in the least amount of steps

The current calc assumes that free fall is comparable to shunpo,which is wrong given that they both are too much different and requires assumptions that contdrict all the evidence we have about shunpo

- the fact that a casual shinigami shunpo at 1/5 of his power was mach 2.3 fast

- the fact that full-powerd shinigami shunpo reached mach 200

- the fact that it's faster than what human eye can follow,that isn't the same for free fall speed

- the fact that shunpo can only be used by people who are close to captain-level tier/masters in Hohō

this proves that the current calc is flawed by assuming Free-fall speed

however,using 2.3 mach as a base should be safe But it may lead to calc-stacking problems

which leaves us with method 2

Method 2
in chapter 555,ichigo starts his journey to SoulSociety and in 9hours.15minutes he finally arrives in chapter 581

the calc simply works by using ichigo's feat in the end of the journey when he croses the shokomanku in a short time frame and uses it as his final speed

Ichigo's initial speed was 0,we have his final speed,then we have an acceleration

this is straightforward,but the only argument aganist it is "he starts his journey in chapter 555,you use his speed from chapter 581 this is calc stacking"

There was a war going,ichigo took nearly half a day to make a journey

it's impossible that it would be done within one chapter since there were tens of events/fights that kubo would simply have to skip

ichigo was rushing towardsSS for straight 9 hours,he wouldn't stop without reason during these chapters given his speech that he will hurry like hell,he won't stop to rest given the fact that he could fight for months while flying without rest and without even getting tierd in a weaker form

it is the same scene but happening in different chapters, simple

Outlier
please don't bring this point,we shouldn't discuss whether mimihagi's feat would be an outlier or not here.That feat should have it's own thread

but even if it's outlier,then the current calc would be the perfect definition of Hiding The Outlier

there was a page for that before right?

Well, since the subject of Ichigo's stamina got brought up a lot in the past regarding this subject:

Ichigo as of the Soul Society Arc could fight for 5 nonstop days and nights against Urahara for training

Ichigo as of his training with the Visoreds in the Arrancar Arc could run on a treadmill designed to drain energy for 5 days nonstop

Ichigo's Dangai Training in the end of the Arrancar Arc was a 2000 hour long fight against Zangetsu in his Inner World

Just to showcase the consistency here: Uryu, a human, trained for an uninterrupted 7 nights and days way back in the Soul Society Arc just to improve himself

So any qualms of 'We don't know if Ichigo stopped and can't know if he maintained constant speed' that have been brought forth before are absolute drivel and ignore every single feat of longevity Ichigo showcases in-series.

The feat was one solid, uninterrupted 9 hour and 15 minutes long journey wherein Ichigo, armored by the Zero Squad, ignored air resistance per the words of Yhwach and pushed himself to his limit to reach Soul Society ASAP.

That's my only horse in this race as of this moment, since it's obvious people wanted to ignore context previously.

Ichigo casually blitz point blank lightning, a few chapters after he arrived from the palace distance. It means that his speed cannot had changed.

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-582-page-2.html

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-582-page-3.html

Her lightning is summon from the clouds.

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-581-page-15.html

I'll use a low-ball, to avoid calc stacking, Ichigo is casually faster than Candice lightning, and the Fem Quincy (https://vsbattles.fandom.com/wiki/Candice_Catnipp < reference) that have an accepted lightning feat.

Since they are slower than casual Ichigo, and Ichigo can blitz lightning timers...

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-582-page-5.html

...I'll use 440,000 m/s the average lightning speed accepted here in VS Battle Wiki, base on the feats above. Instead of calc stacking to the fem calc which was 363,281.247 m/s.

Timeframe:

From the Clock Tower in Seireitei, and Ichibei's statement.

The Quincy take over Seireitei began at 5 pm the first day.

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-546-page-11.html

Ichigo went down after 3 hours at 8 pm

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-555-page-7.html

Ichigo arrived at 5:15 am the next day.

http://*****************/read-online/Bleach-chapter-581-page-21.html

That's 9 hours and 15 minutes or 33,300 seconds.

Speed x Timeframe = Distance

440,000 m/s x 33300 seconds = 14,652,000 km or 14,652,000,000 meters

Soul Society and the Soul King Dimension are seperated by 14,652,000,000 meters.

I'm pretty sure the second method was already discussed and rejected by DT and multiple other calc group members/staff

The first method is blatant calc stacking as you said

@Tata it was ignored not rejected duo to how many staff members were with it and litterly no solid argument was made aganist it except some repeated nonsense

@Astral which one?

The one that uses the casual Shunpo speed from another character

But if you can get that accepted as an average for all shunpo then I don't think there would be a problem

Well it was done by a character in 1/5 of it's power

It could be accepted as an average but that might be very hard to do

TataHakai said:
I'm pretty sure the second method was already discussed and rejected by DT and multiple other calc group members/staff
This isn't true at all. Multiple calc members agreed such as Spino and Therefir that it wasn't calc stacking. DT made one comment and refused to reply to anything else.

I might be remembering wrong

If someone wants to go back and find the thread they can see the arguments against it and for it

So, Dt didn't make "one comment", he made multiple and explained clearly why the calc was wrong

Multiple calc group members and Staff such as Matt, Me, Kaltias (an ex member), DontTalkDT (who is our expert on calculations) and I'm sure Ant would reiterate that point

Wokistan was neutral

Only therefir and Spino were for it and Therefir only made one comment and didn't reply, as you tried to falsely claim DT did

So as i said before, this was discussed and the consensus was that it was rejected by a majority over a minority

Spino made multiple comments

DT doesn't have enough knowledge of the verse and his whole point was that ichigo could have slowed down duo to air resistance or to take rest

Which was debunked..like what?10 times?

Oh, Ugarik didn't comment on the thread only the calc so i don't think we can consider his since he evaluated the math without the counter arguments against it

Unless you want to ask him to evaluate the thread upon which it was discussed

DT doesn't override 3 calc members but to say that the thread "Ignored" the previous calc is simply a lie, not even a mistake it's just a fabrication

The point was there was no consensus Tata as you claimed. And as Sekkonds stated DT's entire point was about Ichigo randomly slowing down maybe and air resistance or something like that.

But there was, and everything i claimed is true

1) It was indeed rejected by DT and multiple calc group/staff like i said

2) There was 4 calc group members agreeing with it over the 2 that agreed with it, based on what was said in that thread the consensus from the staff was that it was rejected by the majority over the minority (do i need to explain to you why 4 is a bigger number than 2?)

DT was literally debunked by the verse itself, and there was no multiple calc members that rejected. It was you, matt, and Kaltias and only one of you is a calc member outside of DT.

Assuming constant acceleration for Ichigo is very iffy to me.

There was a point I recall where he was talking to Urahara and after their conversation he appeared to speed up, indicating that he wasn't travelling at max speed or max acceleration at that point.

If the main objection was air resistance which Ichigo explicitly wore armor to negate as I myself even link, then yeah DT had a refutation that was accounted for and rejected by canon events.

That makes any objection by calc group members only One to Three if I'm not mistaken, with Spino Ther and Ugarik all stating, correctly, it's not calc stacking to measure part of one continuous feat and apply that to the feat since it is uninterrupted.

It should he accepted in light of that revisiting of the thread

If constant acceleration is top iffy however, theres the fact that Ichigo crossed the radius of the Seireitei in one panel after impacting the Shakonmaku, which would give him what, 200 km/s speed after hitting a barrier hard enough to create an explosion? Theres no way he would be moving slower than that during his entire flight since the impact would only decrease speed if anything.

So @Damage perhaps that is a bit more accurate in your view? Even a highball of 2 seconds to cross the radius of Seireitei (radius due to a half sphere encompassing it as a barrier and he impacted the very top of the barrier dead center) would be 100 or so km per second I do believe.

Apologies for lack of scans I'm on mobile atm but that's just an alternative view. 9.25 hours times 3600 second in an hour times 100 km per second or 200 km per second (whatever the exact radius divided by two and one, respectively, would be), and that's our distance as an extreme lowball

Damage3245 said:
Assuming constant acceleration for Ichigo is very iffy to me.
There was a point I recall where he was talking to Urahara and after their conversation he appeared to speed up, indicating that he wasn't travelling at max speed or max acceleration at that point.
There is nothing dubious about it.

Ichigo talks to Urahara before actually speeding up.

• Here is where he jumped.
  • 3 pages later he is shown talking to Kisuke.
  • As soon as he hangs up the phone, he cites that he needs to hurry up, he then goes off making sonic boom.
  • Here he is arriving at Seireitei, with sonic boom .

> Here he is arriving at Seireitei, with sonic boom .

I guess we can say he is at least supersonic for the journey as a low end :p

But anyway, nothing about that actually shows continuous acceleration. He could have reached his max speed right after talking with Urahara.

Anonymous has it correct.

So presuming 254.65 km/s is an absurd lowball. Also Sklaverei, he didn't cross the entire 509.3km, he only crossed the radius of Seireitei.

9.25 hours times 3600 seconds in an hour times 254.65 km per second = 8,479,845 kilometers for the distance from Reiokyu to Seireitei, as an obscene lowball in every methodology.

8479845 kilometers should be the accepted distance, half that if you want to presume Ichigo crossing Seireitei occurred in a few seconds

But anyway, nothing about that actually shows continuous acceleration. He could have reached his max speed right after talking with Urahara.

Which in the case was a brief conversation.
Ichigo took 33300 seconds to do this, assuming the conversation with Uharara took 300 seconds (that's MUCH), 33000 seconds with constant acceleration, ok, okay, satisfied?

@USklaverei; I think you misread my post. I'm saying there is no sign of him constantly accelerating between the conversation with Urahara and reaching the Soul Society.

USklaverei said:
The diameter accepted pro Seireitei is 1018 km, the radius is 509 km.
Oh is it? I misread then, I thought the diameter was 1018, then yup plug in 509 instead of half that, or half that if you presume Ichigo took a couple seconds.

So, double my number. Almost 17 million km then, about 2% of an AU.

Damage3245 said:
@USklaverei; I think you misread my post. I'm saying there is no sign of him constantly accelerating between the conversation with Urahara and reaching the Soul Society.
Soon after the conversation Ichigo quotes that he is going to hurry to arrive, he leaves doing sonic boom and arrives doing sonic boom.

I think that considering 5 seconds for this is good, since Candice was able to speak a few words, although that is not very good for a stopwatch.

TataHakai said:
You can't use a calc to calculate another feat, that's calc stacking regardless of how low it is
So why is my calc not usable? I am not using another calc for my calc.

i used 440,000 m/s the average lightning speed accepted here in VS Battle Wiki, base on the feats above, instead of calc stacking to the fem calc which was 363,281.247 m/s.

If it was calc stacking I would had used the latter but I did not.

Back