• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I agree that higher ranked demons acquire "low-godly" regeneration, while lower ranked demons also acquire "limited low-godly" regeneration, specifying that their souls need a physical material to form new bodies.

Yeah that to, in manga Vergil is capable to hurt Dante and he's unable to regen from Vergil attacks.
That's one is just blood on Dante's body, he still did regen fine when he was fighting Vergil there, however in DMC 3 in the fist fight on the other hand, Dante needed DT to save his life there (Reactive Evolution is the name of the ability for that in that case)

This looks fine, as long as the lower tier demons have that weakness of them needing outside source in order to reform bodies.

Low-Godly regeneration with the weakness for Lesser Demons looks fine.
Low-Godly regeneration for High-Tier Demons looks fine.
I am cool with the regeneration negation update.

Immortality Type 9, I think needs more context. The contexts currently seem to suggest the law lesser demons come through the realm with their souls, in the gap.

Immortality Type 9, I think needs more context. The contexts currently seem to suggest the law lesser demons come through the realm with their souls, in the gap.
Well, they mention that when a demon pass through the gaps, only their consciousness go through there, their true selves still are stuck on the Demon World, they use mediums like flies for example to manifest there. V also mention when Nightmare is going to kill the demons on VOV, he say to send them back to the Demon World, that is all evidence we have to maybe support immortality type 9 for then, so if still don't qualify we concede on immortality type 9 for than.

Edit: I forgot to add that when the seal that Sparda's putted between the Demon and Human World was going down, they are capable to manifest on the Human World on their true forms, instead of needing mediums to do that.

If Demons don't have possession then it should be added, and it should be noted that they can posses inanimate objects. I had a talk with DT, the conclusion was that it can be either regeneration or the possession of inanimate objects and I'd suggest using both. They can have Low-Godly but the ability also fits with possession. So Low-Godly + possession of inanimate objects.

Limited Low-Godly regeneration and possession. (Low tier Demon's can regenerate from having their bodies destroyed as long as they can find something or someone to utilize as a vessel.)

I'd also suggest removing any of Dante's regeneration feats on his profile since none justify or support low-Godly. Just say that he upscales above lesser demon regeneration due to his blood.

After some thinking, I personally would drop the type 9 argument since it not only needs more explanations but having it would contradict some stuff

After some thinking, I personally would drop the type 9 argument since it not only needs more explanations but having it would contradict some stuff
Why you Ninja'd me......

But, after some discussion with fellow friends, we decide to concede on type 9 immortality.
Its very situational and applies only in peace times when gaps are too small, and only for few demons. And top of which is possibly only. So yeah...its too vague.

Tony, strikethrough the conceded stuff on OP.

We concede on immortality type 9.

I mean its "Trancendental" right? It would be outlier since this is a fodder who doin it.

Or maybe we can give them as soul manipulation?

I would prefer the Sparda bloodline keep their regeneration statistics but list the Low-Godly as an overtime thing based on Vergil's feat, as we don't see him for a long time after that incident. (x regen [insert reasoning], Low-Godly over time)

As per this thread the need of local matter to rebuild a body is considered Low-Godly with a weakness or a limit, so Lesser Demons will get "Low-Godly regeneration" and another weakness added with something along the lines of "they need a specific element or material to create said body"
I checked the thread you linked here but nobody seemed to answer your specific question, only that Ant expressed his doubts or lack of knowledge on the situation and it was kind of left at that.

"But the demons, seeping through the holes there, were not considered demons in the full sense of the word: only
their consciousness moved, which could only control things."

Here we have a very clear indication of Astral Projection and Possession, cool, that fits nicely into the fact they already have dimensional travel, a common use for it.

My confusion however comes from the fact an "evil spirit" is their natural state of being, so maybe only their consciousness/their mind is capable of travelling over? Who knows. If that was the case then damage isn't something they are technically recovering from and are just being reduced to their natural state of being; they rely on Creation to produce a body to use.

With the example of 5th Hell: Greed, these ghosts it releases will disappear along with Greed should it be killed, despite technically being capable of producing their body without its existence being necessary as they are dependent on the materials in the ground rather than Greed itself to make one.

Soul Eater is weird, but a case of Fusionism making a separate demon entirely, rather than full-fledged regeneration.

We know their bodies don't exactly regenerate themselves, and kind of just take damage until they die. which is fine, because they'll just make a new one, but I want to try to understand is what makes this regeneration (something that involves recovering from harm and returning to your default state of being) vs. creation (them making bodies from their natural state of being to fight with).

I'm not entirely opposed to the concept, I'd just need a little more than that to be convinced.

Higher Rank Demons and above
I am fine with these, as I'm already okay with Nelo Angelo stuff, just not settled on Lesser Demons.

I would prefer the Sparda bloodline keep their regeneration statistics but list the Low-Godly as an overtime thing based on Vergil's feat, as we don't see him for a long time after that incident. (x regen [insert reasoning], Low-Godly over time)

The problem is that Dante gave him a beating, not just a physical beating but his soul too (which is the only thing that really took damage imho), him regenerating was from whatever little piece of his soul that were left not if any at all (not to mention every single statement saying how DT regeneration is instantaneous and seeing as Vergil came back in his "base form" we can say they have low godly in base too but it takes much more time than it would in their actual demonic forms)

Basically Vergil taking a while comes more from Dante beating him than him being unable to regenerate in time. And to be fair you have seen the server, the guys are ready to jump at mid godly for the same reasoning And him coming back in his human form would just give him Low-Godly overtime in his base form

I checked the thread you linked here but nobody seemed to answer your specific question, only that Ant expressed his doubts or lack of knowledge on the situation and it was kind of left at that.

Thanks Gin (never thought I would say that), he went to DT profile to ask about it and they basically agreed it still works with sand link here: https://vsbattles.com/members/donttalkdt.1149/#profile-post-9328

To summarize it can be added as both, no one contradicts the other and it works with sand too so I'm fine with both. Of course we can go back to the thread directly and ask for their input in that specific thing if you want.

My confusion however comes from the fact an "evil spirit" is their natural state of being, so maybe only their consciousness/their mind is capable of travelling over? Who knows

For some, not everyone, look at Mundus for example. And they can only travel like that because of Sparda's seal, it works as a net that catches anything big with the smallest thing capable of passing through are immaterial stuff from lesser demons and bugs or similar.

If that was the case then damage isn't something they are technically recovering from and are just being reduced to their natural state of being; they rely on Creation to produce a body to use.

And no, they leave their bodies behind to travel as what they can and then create bodies (sins) or possess stuff to live there (marionettes for example)

With the example of 5th Hell: Greed, these ghosts it releases will disappear along with Greed should it be killed, despite technically being capable of producing their body without its existence being necessary as they are dependent on the materials in the ground rather than Greed itself to make one.

They don't if they already created a new body tho. Probably a gameplay thing to no have you overwhelmed after you kill the summoner but it works both ways for our intents and purposes here.

Soul Eater is weird, but a case of Fusionism making a separate demon entirely, rather than full-fledged regeneration.

I know its weird (and I don't know if it even counts as fusionism?) but the point is that anger, hatred and other residual feelings of dead demons are capable of creating a new demons. An immaterial thing like sentiments are able to create a new body which AFAIK fits the low godly requirements.

We know their bodies don't exactly regenerate themselves, and kind of just take damage until they die. which is fine, because they'll just make a new one, but I want to try to understand is what makes this regeneration (something that involves recovering from harm and returning to your default state of being) vs. creation (them making bodies from their natural state of being to fight with).

I'm not entirely opposed to the concept, I'd just need a little more than that to be convinced.

Mostly because not all of them are spirits and all that, some of them are (like most of DMC1 demons) but they are diverse, the quote from BtN (the one used in the OP) generalizes them about a lot of evil beings that share a common nature of evilness (if that's even a word). Basically they aren't returned to their default state of being, Sparda's seal traps them on the other side allowing only stuff like that to cross so they have to create a new body in this side not to mention the soul hax thing that they have)

i'll apply the buff for the mid/high tiers if its accepted then

edit: for some reason the demon physiology page is locked, can someone get that unlocked for me so i apply whats been accepted?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back