• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Does being able to leave afterimages through speed guarantee subsonic speed?

Depends in context, if it's just a videogame character simply leaving "fancy" afterimages while moving in general I'd say no, but if it's implied as an act of considerable speed, then that's more debatable.

I'm not sure though. I'm pretty sure you can sort of create afterimages by moving your finger very fast between two different points while moving the hand at far lower speeds than Subsonic speeds

I'm pretty sure you can sort of create afterimages by moving your finger very fast between two different points while moving the hand at far lower speeds than Subsonic speeds
Well, those are minor optical illusions; after all, we do not give ordinary humans Afterimage Creation for this. It would have to be something like the Afterimage Strike from Dragon Ball — an almost perfect mirage of the user as a result of traveling at high speeds.

Well, those are minor optical illusions; after all, we do not give ordinary humans Afterimage Creation for this. It would have to be something like the Afterimage Strike from Dragon Ball — an almost perfect mirage of the user as a result of traveling at high speeds.
I'm not sure such things even exists in the real world tbh

It mostly depends upon what the visibility conditions are and how big and far away the object is. It's not like humans don't see Supersonic+ tracer rounds from autocannons as after-image creating when watching from a distance. Or watching motorbikes moving above 77 mph (Just above baseline Subsonic) in visible clarity.

Back