• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

DOOM AP upgrades (and a bit more)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think that's one of the things affected by this? I'm not sure. Ask Kieran for the full thing, he'd probably know.

Still a hard pass against Cheat Codes. Yes, they are physically found in the game- so are countless easter eggs we wouldn't use due to context suggesting they are not seriously considered canon. Cheat codes aren't generally something we'd consider canon for a game, doing so here seems like a stretch to add more bs to a profile. Hard pass indeed.

Still a hard pass against Cheat Codes. Yes, they are physically found in the game- so are countless easter eggs we wouldn't use due to context suggesting they are not seriously considered canon. Cheat codes aren't generally something we'd consider canon for a game, doing so here seems like a stretch to add more bs to a profile. Hard pass indeed.
This
The toys at least are shown in cutscenes

I'm gonna nuke cheat codes anyway honestly. It's way too gameplay-based and it goes against the lore scaling we use for DOOM. There's not even implications of them existing.

I'll be removing it from the OP.

Oh there's a couple other things I wanted to bring up actually. Nothing major tho:
The Modern weapons should have Non-Physical Interaction taken off of their profiles, only the Microwave Beam is capable of harming Spirits.

And I guess the Cacodemon is shown to have an extendable tongue in 2016 Multiplayer. But it is multiplayer so I dunno if we can count it...

There's not anything directly indicating it in the Codex, just stuff like driven only by hunger and some other stuff which I guess kinda relates to and ability like this. But I don't think it's enough to class as confirmation.

However looking through the Codex, there's description of minor Perception manipulation and Status Effect Inducement in there pretty clearly.
Edit: Darn It's already addressed on the profile, however Perception Manip doesn't seem to be on there.

Probably, if someone else doesn't get to it first. I'm looking around the codex for all necessary statements and stuff on 2-B Davoth so we can get a profile for him asap.

It's better to wait for a profile for Davoth to be made with reliable stuff before we start scaling the Slayer to him however, since having a profile would just make the job easier and make it less complicated.

There's also people i've seen believing that Davoth was weakened during their fight, which could mess with 2-B Slayer. But I've not found anything leading to this myself yet.

Some people believe it, but there's literally no indication of such other than the statement of him "Falling" and The Father "Ascending". And that statement doesn't even imply it.

Some people believe it, but there's literally no indication of such other than the statement of him "Falling" and The Father "Ascending". And that statement doesn't even imply it.
well there is the fact that he said that they took his power(which can be interpreted in different ways) and the codex statement that the slayer has part of davoth in him put there by the divinity machine
other then that there is nothing
and even if his weakened it would still give a "possible/likely" rating for both him and the slayer

What codex statement says they took his power? All that was in the codex was something about the Father sealing away Davoth because he feared he'd steal his power

at 2:34
but ageing taking his power can be inturpreted in many ways
now having a portion of him being used to give doom slayer god powers is undeniable as it was writen in the codex meaning he is somewhat weakened.
but the worst that can mean is that his power is halfed making both 2-B to possibly 2-A anyhow

This discussion is currently happening in the DOOM Discussion thread if you don't mind heading there.

Back on topic though, does everyone else agree with the disease manip resistance and the 8-C scaling?

I'm just gonna assume I can add the stuff in the current OP since most people seemed to have agreed to it. I don't know what all the 8-C affects though.

The 8-C stuff would influence the profiles for someone like the Marauder since he's a superheavy to the Mancubi's heavy and the lore of them being reincarnated and demonically enhanced by the God Machine Knight Sentinels

The building level stuff is done except for Doomguy night sentinel key afaik, just modern heavies and anything above will scale to it. Disease manipulate should go to all demons.

Can you give me a list of what demons need to be edited so I can go through and make the changes? I'm unsure.

All demons should have Disease Manipulation added to their resistances.

I dunno if Cacodemons having extendable tongues was agreed or not so better to leave that for now.

Pretty sure that's all that's not been applied now. I might be missing something tho.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back