• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Doom Discussion (Spoilers Ahead)

Sounds pretty solid to me, but man this DLC keeps showing how The Slayer doesn't give a crap about the affairs of those above him. Even his own freaking creator and the one who created all existence couldn't stop The Slayer from wanting vengeance against Hell

I can't believe something we memed about is actually canon.

2-A doom slayer via scaling to the whole cosmology which has "infinite possibilities" and "countless timelines", if you wanna use that.

Because he's still an active threat to The Father as The Father feared him, and it's stated that only another Primeval or something more powerful could defeat him if he was resurrected. He also states he will unmake everything that he created.

We need to work out the CRT first. How we present the argument for 2-B scaling needs to be ironclad because a lot of people I've talked to are skeptical of the upgrade.

Can we list down all the reasons Davoth would be 2-B physically and why that would scale to the Slayer?

Along with the reason I provided, one of the new enemies is stated to have a weapon enhanced by the Dark Lord himself, which allows him to obliterate both body and soul.
The Armored Barons are grafted with the technology of Immora. Just outside the city gates they patrol with morning star gauntlets cursed by the Dark Lord himself; one devastating strike obliterates both body and soul. Even the Maykrs fear these creations of demon and machine, for their carnage is both relentless and unquenchable.

This indicates that the Dark Lord's attacks are enhanced by his power, which scales above the Father who created countless universes, and the Primevals who can significantly alter a universe and whose strength is such that a universe can only contain one of them.

I am more curious about how we would handle the Doom Slayer's keys. Do we give him a 'full power' key, or upgrade his 2016/Eternal Key?

Last edited:
I think the slayer needs a new key personally, unless we want to start scaling the Khan maykr and icon to 2-B too

Did Slayer get any strength upgrades between Eternal and The Ancient Gods?

I think the slayer needs a new key personally, unless we want to start scaling the Khan maykr and icon to 2-B too
Why would they scale though? The Slayer had no visual damage against either of them the same way he was against even the Dark Lord.

Did Slayer get any strength upgrades between Eternal and The Ancient Gods?
There's no real indication of such, but we do know he gets stronger over time.

Because we currently scale them to him. So we'd still be scaling them to him afterwards.

The Slayer is constantly growing in power iirc, whether that had led to anything major between eternal and the ancient gods I'm not sure.

I thought we scaled the Icon to the old Icon?

Also, why in God's name are we scaling the Kahn Maykr to Doom Slayer?

Yes, the icon scales to the old one. However the Khan maykr does scale to the slayer currently.

I'm also unsure if this is correct to be fair, the Khan maykr stated herself that she'd be unable to control the icon of sin once it was loose, at very most she would downscale from the icon imo.

The Dark Lord says "You feel you are prepared now, for this...", when the Dark Lord's Soul Sphere was retrieved. So the Doom Slayer's worked to increase his power to match or exceed the Dark Lord's.

ARC data entry 112 happens after Doom Eternal and the Slayer's defeat of the forces of hell. But there are ARC data entries going all the way to #172, #203, #318, #364, and #666, implying that there have been a significant timeskip between Doom Eternal and the Ancient Gods.

So I think a new key would be warranted.

Shadow makes sense to me here. If there's a large number of new entries we can assume a decent period of time has passed, which can warrant a new key imo.

As for maykr scaling, wouldn't that just be classified under her invulnerability power? Out of invulnerability, the slayer annihilates her, so I think downscaling from the icon should be much more reasonable.

Also thing feel free to make it lol, I can still say what I gotta on there.

Some say there are Low 1-C creatures in Doomvers. For what feat? And who?

And if Davoth 2-B, then how many universes exactly?

The Dark Lord says "You feel you are prepared now, for this...", when the Dark Lord's Soul Sphere was retrieved. So the Doom Slayer's worked to increase his power to match or exceed the Dark Lord's.

ARC data entry 112 happens after Doom Eternal and the Slayer's defeat of the forces of hell. But there are ARC data entries going all the way to #172, #203, #318, #364, and #666, implying that there have been a significant timeskip between Doom Eternal and the Ancient Gods.

So I think a new key would be warranted.
Would you suggest an "all previous abilities" for the new key?

I just thought about it a little.

The Betrayer is still alive in between Eternal and Ancient Gods 2. It can't be THAT long of a time period.

So either it's a "the slayer's power growth is insanely fast" or "the knight sentinels have extra long lifetimes for whatever reason".

Doom Slayer was either holding back his power in Eternal due to lack of threats (would explain Samuel underestimating him and saying that the Khan Maykr is invincible as long as her orb is within her chest), or the Doom Slayer had an off-screen adventure during the timeskip (like the adventure where he got the Fortress of Doom) where he powers up in preparation to fight the Dark Lord. Either way a new key looks like the best solution.

Was going to recommend Dimensional Storage in the next CRT. He clearly stores and retrieves weapon/items during cutscene with no visible storage space. An obvious example is that in the first DLC he enters the Luminarium unarmed, then retrieves the Dark Sphere out of nowhere. In the second DLC he retrieves a Super Shotgun out of nowhere.

Alright so my lazy self finally went and bought Doom Eternal Deluxe Edition earlier today and I gotta ask since I'm not a Doom guy, is the game enjoyable?. I got several games I plan on playing but I want to know if I should put this ahead of the other games I have and start playing right away.

Just going to point out now for anyone who is genuinely thinking about arguing for 2-B Slayer, due to our recent revisions regarding stabilization feats you would need actual feats of them being 2-B physically to scale them, not just 2-B via stabilizing/destabilizing by existing

Back